Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malkav

French Madman
It's down on EU too, can't enter a solo instance even though I'm on Omega and no one around(and it's 5AM). I think it might be a different issue this time though because it makes little sense to have issues at this hour on a low pop server. Oh well I had to do my beastmen daillies and hunting marks anyway.

What's good about Gubal btw, is it better xp than other dungeons somehow?

Seems like they went for an emergency maintenance on the EU datacenter.

I woke up at 8am to play and got a "Too bad, maintenance started for 2 hours just 5 minutes ago".

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems like they went for an emergency maintenance on the EU datacenter.

I woke up at 8am to play and got a "Too bad, maintenance started for 2 hours just 5 minutes ago".
Yeah that was a few hours ago, it fixed itself soon after I posted I got my stuff done.

Did a test on my AST, at 61 doing the 61 SB dungeon with rested and armory xp, FC buff and food buff, I got a bit over 1.8m xp from the run. That's pretty good, although without rested it wouldn't be as good, I think running dungeons if you're a healer/tank might just beat everything else for xp with instant queues. My DPS alts I'll do sidequests/pvp/daillies and what not I guess. I actually haven't done any of the sidequests other than the first batch when I couldn't progress the MSQ and the ones to unlock flying and my monk is still ahead of the MSQ at lvl 68. I'm trying not to do anything so I don't end up hitting 70 before the end of the MSQ so I don't waste xp, but damn it gives a lot of xp it seems.

Overall leveling seems A LOT better than HW at launch. You can do a bunch of different stuff and everything seems to give pretty good xp, other than FATEs(those are still garbo as far as I can tell, although with a small 2-3man grp doing not scaled FATEs might be alright). HW leveling was painful as fuck, I actually didn't level most of my classes back in 3.0.

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah that was a few hours ago, it fixed itself soon after I posted I got my stuff done.

Did a test on my AST, at 61 doing the 61 SB dungeon with rested and armory xp, FC buff and food buff, I got a bit over 1.8m xp from the run. That's pretty good, although without rested it wouldn't be as good, I think running dungeons if you're a healer/tank might just beat everything else for xp with instant queues. My DPS alts I'll do sidequests/pvp/daillies and what not I guess. I actually haven't done any of the sidequests other than the first batch when I couldn't progress the MSQ and the ones to unlock flying and my monk is still ahead of the MSQ at lvl 68. I'm trying not to do anything so I don't end up hitting 70 before the end of the MSQ so I don't waste xp, but damn it gives a lot of xp it seems.

Overall leveling seems A LOT better than HW at launch. You can do a bunch of different stuff and everything seems to give pretty good xp, other than FATEs(those are still garbo as far as I can tell, although with a small 2-3man grp doing not scaled FATEs might be alright). HW leveling was painful as fuck, I actually didn't level most of my classes back in 3.0.

Regarding FATEs, I think doing one here and there isn't really worth it yes. But I guess if you are a in a farm group and get the bonus xp buff from Twist of Fate and then go for the ones with XP bonus, it might not be that bad.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Did the Tamano-no-Gozen phase 3 hidden fate and got 15x of the tokens, but i can't even turn them in for the fox ear headband because i'm neither 70 nor finished the MSQ so the vendors aren't there yet. Sad :(

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
POTD post 60 isn't really worth it. They didn't change the experience curve so 60-61 takes 8 runs with armory bonus. Beast tribe dailies, + gubal library 3-4 runs is going to be your best bet for alt jobs, or fates with a flying mount if large groups.

Hit 70 on war about a little over a day ago and enjoying some of the changes it definitely plays different with proper meter management. Leveling paladin next through dungeons casually as I gain rested exp over the next two weeks. Duty Finder down again though on Japanese data center.
Nah, best exp right now is Frontline PVP. 640k per match, win or lose. Matches take about 10 minutes. Queues are near instant.

I'm enjoying the new warrior. I was worried about AOE threat with losing flash but if you roll in to the next pack with your meter at 50+ you just throw out another aoe that doesn't cost TP. That plus 1 or 2 overpowers gets the job done.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Nah, best exp right now is Frontline PVP. 640k per match, win or lose. Matches take about 10 minutes. Queues are near instant.

I'm enjoying the new warrior. I was worried about AOE threat with losing flash but if you roll in to the next pack with your meter at 50+ you just throw out another aoe that doesn't cost TP. That plus 1 or 2 overpowers gets the job done.

I'll have to try running Frontline on my paladin tomorrow. The Deliverence rotation I've already worked out for the most part, but I still need to sit down and look at proper Defiance rotations and possibly some AoE stuff. Upheaval is kind of an odd CD with the 20 gauge cost, and I haven't really found a useful way to use Onslaught with its cost as well. I think Upheaval is fine as is but Onslaught should lose the gauge cost.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Have a WAR sittin at 60, trying to decide if I should run SCH up to 60 to match, or just power RDM through potd to 60 and do msq on him, and chain duty finder on my WAR to 70.

I'd prefer to heal on WHM, but the mp issues I hear about them having are honestly a major turn off.

Last edited:

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll have to try running Frontline on my paladin tomorrow. The Deliverence rotation I've already worked out for the most part, but I still need to sit down and look at proper Defiance rotations and possibly some AoE stuff. Upheaval is kind of an odd CD with the 20 gauge cost, and I haven't really found a useful way to use Onslaught with its cost as well. I think Upheaval is fine as is but Onslaught should lose the gauge cost.
Honestly I think for Defiance if you have agro then just spamming up to Storm's Path for the healing and extra Beast Gage points is probably the best.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Am I going crazy or did they increase the cost of Utmost Caution (Collectible Gathering action) from 100 to 200. My Collectible rotations seem screwed.

Anyone have a link to a collectible rotation for please ? (600 GP - lvl 60+)

edit : Actually I think they doubled the cost to 200 but also doubled the effect ??

Last edited:

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have a WAR sittin at 60, trying to decide if I should run SCH up to 60 to match, or just power RDM through potd to 60 and do msq on him, and chain duty finder on my WAR to 70.

I'd prefer to heal on WHM, but the mp issues I hear about them having are honestly a major turn off.

Just play whatever you want, same statements as before. Tanks/Healers have shorter queue times but play whatever you want cause once the dust settles you'll be able to get all classes to 70 pretty easily.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Decided just to do the ARR skip and play through HW with my friend.

Of course right when I pre-ordered my wife had a baby.....

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Just play whatever you want, same statements as before. Tanks/Healers have shorter queue times but play whatever you want cause once the dust settles you'll be able to get all classes to 70 pretty easily.

Oh, I'm not basing off anything other than personal enjoyment. (see mp issues on whm; I dislike having to pull punches because I'm resource starved.)...Just debating what my personal enjoyment will end up being.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
I just picked up SB, havent played since ARR, holy shit am I lost, slowly figuring things out and trying to work on the msq/unlock some of the jobs. I'm pretty far behind in the msq, working on stopping leviathan. Just unlocked thief last night. Can't figure out which class i want to focus 50-60 first...sch, whm, smn, blm seem to be the ones i've been messing with the most. Still need to unlock AST, MCH, DRK, and NIN. SO much to do!

Needless

Toe Sucker
I just wanna verflare/verholy kids, thank god i'm 60 now. I'll -never- do POTD again haha

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hmm maybe I missed something obvious but the 67 class quest for monk was actually really challenging. Not complaining it was pretty refreshing, but didn't expect to have to work for it that hard. The 70 one will probably be disapointing as a result, almost there.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
70 BLM quest was easy. Kill some meteors that drop down occasionally while NPCs tank.

70 Dungeon's final boss was interesting, although without knowing what the arts do before he uses them it's sucks for first time. Queueing for the last story trial and Mrhappy's video gives the same impression. Will die a lot until you learn mechanics.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Messed around a little bit with frontline today for leveling alt jobs, 670950 exp for roughly 14 minutes, would take about an hour 1/2 to go from 60-61. So it is about identical to Gubal library runs in terms of efficiency. After 61 Stormblood dungeons are your best bet though.