Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It'll be pretty easy to carry next gear tier or something but yeah atm it's a rough roulette. I did it first time with like everyone being new and it went really well, we wiped like 3times at various stages to figure out stuff, first wipe being like 20secs in when everyone fell down and then killed it near flawlessly, only death was the one guy who can't do the QTE. But yeah it's gonna be hard for bad players to beat the fight without enough carries. Apparently ppl who have done it already are already leaving when it pops like steps back in the days. It takes a while too.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Surely there has to be a gayer shirt than the coliseum shawl? help me gay my red mage boiz

RYC8USC.png

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah Duty Finder servers fucking up again, got maintenance tonight though so hopefully they'll fix it for good.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
So after spending most of the past 48 hours on Warrior doing the extreme primals, I'll probably be switching off. In a raid environment Warrior is incredibly clunky right now.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lol gotta love Party Finder groups on Day 5 of the expansion already looking for Ex Primals "no bonus".

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Yea, that's one of the things that frustrated me at the start of the Heavensward. I really wasn't behind the curve much, leveled up damn quick, got BisEx down, but by the time I was ready to try it all the Ravana groups were "no bonus." So I stayed out of PF and wound up unsubbing right around the time Midas launched.

Edit: Could have waited for FC people to get there, or attempted to form my own learning parties, no doubt. But at the time I didn't have any friends I knew playing. Hopefully this time around, with 9 RL friends up in here, it'll be a better experience.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Maybe it's because I came into HW later (either just before or just after 3.3), but I felt Stormblood's story was superior. I loved all the dragon history, and the war between them and Ishgard, but with how epic the end of ARR was, felt like they pinned themselves in a corner with HW's story taking up so much space that the parts that were call backs to finding your companions/Ascians/etc didn't pace very well. Stormblood on the other hand is back to the more overarching story, and the pacing for how you go through it is fantastic. I thought HW's picked up right at the very end, but maybe if they had done all through 3.3 the Dragon war stuff, then after it was settled gotten back to the main story elements. They sort of did that with 3.4 and 3.5, but all the random interludes before that made it feel disjointed.

As for gameplay changes, Bard is fucking fun as shit to play. Love dropping the bowmage shit, and the way they handled the songs now is great. A lot of weird utility in a way with so many different things we can cast on other party members, but makes sense for the lore of the class I guess.

I feel like they have plenty of options where to go from here too for upcoming patches in SB...even though a bunch of loose ends were tied up already.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Network Technical Difficulties Caused by Attacks from a Third-party | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone

They're claiming DDoS attacks were what caused the problems from beginning of early start until now.

Not sure if I'm buying that, but ehh it is what it is. Very convenient of an excuse, and funny how DDoS attacks seemed to only effect the Duty Finder servers in a specific zone cluster. Once I got past Cold Steel I didn't have a single problem queue'ing for anything all the way to 70. In fact people in Ruby Sea had the exact same problem one night, and the brought the zone down and fixed it, admitting it was a coding problem.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
DDOS attack = 1m+ people trying to load into their instance server constantly for dozens of hours. I mean, pretty sure tons of people were AHKing the Cold Steel quest, and those access requests probably smashed the server.

I remember a similar claim made by Blizzard during WoD's release, but it was far more likely that they had 5m+ people trying to log in constantly and that they were mashing the login button whenever the server went down or was knew to be coming up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know last night the lag was certainly akin to when Blizzard was getting DDoS'd at the start of Legion.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Anyone know how DRK compares to WAR? I LOVE the self healing WAR has, but echo the sentiments that WAR is kinda clunky.

Plus giant swords and shit look just as cool as giant axes.

edit: looking for play style, not power, comparisons.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I haven't played them since the reset but before that they were about mana management. Your main aoe agro skills costed mana but your dps stance also drained mana so it was all about hitting your mana gain skills and juggling when to be in what stance.

Lowball

Trakanon Raider
Anyone know how DRK compares to WAR? I LOVE the self healing WAR has, but echo the sentiments that WAR is kinda clunky.

I went DRK first but you guys would have to clarify what you mean by clunky before I could provide a comparison

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider

DRK is much more fluid than WAR. WAR actually plays more fluid in SB than it did before due to being able to take Rampart for an OGCD defensive ability instead of having to rely on IB, but for tanking, I prefer to play DRK.

Janx

<Silver Donator>

Am I missing something? Thought warriors had their healing nerfed to shit with loss of SW and Bloodwhatever.