Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The way they do expansions/early access has been that way sense XI, I really doubt it will ever change SE does want too cover it's ass from charge-backs, and I've heard that stripping "keys" from accounts is a real pain for them to do.
They wouldn't strip keys from the account though, they'd just ban the whole thing. If you do a chargeback, you're getting banned, this is standard in the video game industry and wouldn't raise many issues. If you buy a mount from the mogstation and then chargeback, they don't just remove the mount, they'll ban your whole shit and it'll stay banned until you pay them again.

They'd just need to package it differently. Instead of saying "buy the new 6.0 expansions and get all other expansions with it", they'd say "buy the future proof complete expansion pack thing, get all current expansions with it and get the next 6.0 exansion when it releases". Here you're basically buying the current expansions, and as such no refund would be available since you consume the product instantly once you apply the code. You'd also be charged instantly.

The main issue is they'd need to drop the base price of the current expansions at the same time, otherwise it'd be weird to have like Stormblood at 40bucks and Shadowbringers at 40bucks that also includes Stormblood/HW. And in that way, it means they make less money banking on the hype of people catching up/preparing. Currently they can still sell Stormblood at 40bucks to people who want to catch up before the expansion, and then sell them ShB for another 40 in a few months, while doing it differently they'd only get the 40bucks from ShB. They could put the preorders later to compensate a bit I guess.

I think eventually they'll go like wow probably though. Include HW with ARR in the starter edition when 6.0 is announced kind of thing. It'd probably help with sales too if people don't know the game and after trudging through the goddamn post-ARR, enter Heavensward and see how shit turns out later.

Mind you overall I don't think it's a terrible deal regardless. The 40bucks for SB/HW are well worth it, and yeah it sucks you pay another 40 for ShB in a few months, but value wise ShB is going to blow out most other games you'd buy with 40bucks out of the water anyway. Hell I'd pay 60bucks for expansions without batting an eye, since I know it'll be an easy 100+ hours of game anyway.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm leveling a 3rd job now just to keep it inline with the MSQ. I started as Archer/Bard and he's a 35. Did a Conj/White Mage to be inline with MSQ but that quickly outleveled it, too. Now I've got a Gladiator/Paladin that is keeping pace with MSQ level. Nice thing is it will let me have a DPS, Healer, and Tank for later shit.
Exactly what I did so that I didn't waste experience. I also didn't have the expansions for a while because I was waiting for Stormblood to go on sale for $20.

Ended up with Bard, Warrior, and Dragoon at 50, and Scholar at 34. Ran outta damn side quests and other shit to do. But now I run my Scholar through every day for the daily duty roulette to try and it up.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Best part about Scholar is it levels alongside Summoner (Since they both share the same original job, Arcanist). So if you got Scholar to 34 you technically have a level 34 Summoner too once you unlock the job.

Crone

Best part about Scholar is it levels alongside Summoner (Since they both share the same original job, Arcanist). So if you got Scholar to 34 you technically have a level 34 Summoner too once you unlock the job.
As mentioned, have a 35 Scholar, and having a hard time figuring out what to do to level them. Grind Fates I suppose, run the daily roulette.

Then my MSQ is in the level 52-53 range, and my Warrior is 54, and my Bard is 55. Have a Dragoon at 50, but not sure I wanna keep that going. I'm a little scared to run Dungeons as the Warrior as I don't know where to go in any of them, however pre-50 when I was doing that, most people were pretty cool. Wish I could just bump my Scholar up 15 levels, as I love running dungeons as a healer. Will probably do that to try and tack on levels.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You level by spamming dungeons and/or potd like everything else. No reason to ever do FATEs. And obviously the roulette too. Don't know if you're on a preferred server or not but even without it, it shouldn't take too long for a class to catch up to 50ish with short dungeon queues.

Crone

You level by spamming dungeons and/or potd like everything else. No reason to ever do FATEs. And obviously the roulette too. Don't know if you're on a preferred server or not but even without it, it shouldn't take too long for a class to catch up to 50ish with short dungeon queues.
Was preferred, but not anymore. As a healer, the queues are pretty fast, so I'll just spam those for a while, and will get in range of my MSQ. Thanks.

Crone

How do you know what to sell or keep? Just take the plunge and spend hours on the auction house seeing what's selling or what's not selling, vendor the rest? My bags are full and don't know what to do with it.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
How do you know what to sell or keep? Just take the plunge and spend hours on the auction house seeing what's selling or what's not selling, vendor the rest? My bags are full and don't know what to do with it.
I sell everything, when you post something for sale there is a compare price button

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah mostly you go to a retainer and start listing stuff then hit the button to check the prices and history of the same stuff. Anything that doesn't sell for enough I just vendor(you can vendor right from the retainer too, just right click and it's one of the options). It's pretty annoying but this way you avoid vendoring anything of value. Which probably won't be much of what you're looting while leveling, to be honest.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I finally got to Heavensward. That grind sucked major balls. I just started skipping cutscenes just to get through it asap. Holy fuck.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
I finally got to Heavensward. That grind sucked major balls. I just started skipping cutscenes just to get through it asap. Holy fuck.

HW is easily the best narrative of all the xpacs, the post-release patch content is even better. But if the MSQ cutscenes irritate you I'd say just cut your losses since there's just going be more and longer ones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Started doing some of hte old content I never did before. Some of the HW dungeons are fucking amazeballs. Did the 24man raid Ancient City too which was pretty cool. Gonna try and finish up that chain + unlock some more of the raids this week.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So I bought this for PS Pro a while back - subbed - unsubbed. I downloaded it again yesterday because every once in a while I get an MMORPG itch. If I log in with that account, will I be able to play to 35 without having to sub again by default?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So I bought this for PS Pro a while back - subbed - unsubbed. I downloaded it again yesterday because every once in a while I get an MMORPG itch. If I log in with that account, will I be able to play to 35 without having to sub again by default?

No, the up to 35 thing is only for trial accounts, once you buy the game your account isn't a trial anymore and it basically can only be used with a sub. If you're very low lvl, it might be cheaper to just start a new account, the starter edition is often 10bucks or less and comes with a free month which would cost more than that, but if you want to keep your email or you had a collector or whatever then might as well resub on it.

Started doing some of hte old content I never did before. Some of the HW dungeons are fucking amazeballs. Did the 24man raid Ancient City too which was pretty cool. Gonna try and finish up that chain + unlock some more of the raids this week.

There's definitely a lot of cool stuff in the old content, and a ton of it. Even the hard modes are cool to see since they're fresh takes on older content and often are very different than their original. Don't sleep on old 8man raids either. Coils of Bahamut is exceptional story wise(it actually has a CGI cutscene even) and Alexander is great for the story too and the music is top tier. For coils you have to do it in PF though since there's no roulette for it, you can solo a bunch of it unsynced too if you want, although turn 9 requires people(technically soloable but is actually challenging content and require to be a summoner with very good current gear).

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
No, the up to 35 thing is only for trial accounts, once you buy the game your account isn't a trial anymore and it basically can only be used with a sub. If you're very low lvl, it might be cheaper to just start a new account, the starter edition is often 10bucks or less and comes with a free month which would cost more than that, but if you want to keep your email or you had a collector or whatever then might as well resub on it.

I'll be forced to do that then - as when I tried to download the starter, PS Store wouldn't allow me to do so because I had bought the game.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
On playstation you'd need another PSN account to get a different Square enix account on it for trial. Should work then, but if you do end up buying the game that'd mean playing on that separate account, which is kinda annoying.

One trick though, if you haven't bought the PC version, you could use the current Twitch prime promotion to get a free starter edition key for PC, link it to your account and that'll come with a free month, which will work on your playstation too.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok maybe I will do that. The characters I have now I would scrub anyway since they are only about level 16 or so.

I have been playing Tera on Xbox One X and having some fun with that, but just ran into a new quest area where there is so many trash mobs I cannot gather the 3 things I need to gather without it taking half an hour for what should be a 5 minute quest, because I am fighting trash continually trying to get to the node. So if that keeps up, I am guessing I will burn out pretty quick on that mechanic.