Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We're a month away from SrB. I wouldn't go nuts on spending lots of money on a 380 crafted, especially since it isn't super hard to get a 400 weapon from running Omega and the Return to Ivalice raids.
Yeah I'm not going nuts.

I have about a million gil between the story skips (they give you currency) and questing.

General question - upon hitting 60 is there free gear I should be grabbing somewhere or just start questing? I've literally never been almost caught up in this game.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah I'm not going nuts.

I have about a million gil between the story skips (they give you currency) and questing.

General question - upon hitting 60 is there free gear I should be grabbing somewhere or just start questing? I've literally never been almost caught up in this game.

60 gets you a coffer of the class set but you'll want to farm allagan tokens for the shire armor set.

khorum

Murder Apologist
The class blues is a coffer reward for finishing the level 60 class quest IIRC. I don't think you get anything free mailed to you per se, aside from special event costumes.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So last night Miner and Botanist joined Fisher at 70, so all 3 gathering are 70. Gathering retainers are 68, so they'll be ready too for Shadowbringers. That's one thing I can stop doing daily, freeing some time for other activities.

I also hit 60 on Weaver, I need to gather some stuff to do the level 60 quest, I have everything except 2 items, so it shouldn't take long. I'll switch from leveling Culinarian to Weaver on Namazu quests.

I have about 80 leves to use this weekend, probably can get 2 maybe 3 class from 51 to 60.

Finished a chapter of the Hildibrand questline last night too, damn this thing is hilarious. I just love this thing, I'm still in ARR part so lots more to do.

I think my paladin might just go from 62 to 70 just doing the Ananta and Kojin dailies. :)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Dont they usuallly remove the ilvl requirement right before the expansion? They did with Stormblood. Im just about done with the Stormblood main story and about to be hitting that grind... hoping I can just wait it out.
There's no more patch until the expansion, probably. Maybe for the next event but they're not changing shit anymore. I don't remember them doing anything like removing ilvls in HW, you always have ilvl requirements, they're still there even now. What they do is AFTER the expansion release, they add a bunch of gear as MSQ rewards. Like you'll get the centurio gear(lost allagan and shit) and then mendacity gear and then the white 70 gear from ShB so you can just keep doing the MSQ normally without farming, but the ilvl reqs are still there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
There's no more patch until the expansion, probably. Maybe for the next event but they're not changing shit anymore. I don't remember them doing anything like removing ilvls in HW, you always have ilvl requirements, they're still there even now. What they do is AFTER the expansion release, they add a bunch of gear as MSQ rewards. Like you'll get the centurio gear(lost allagan and shit) and then mendacity gear and then the white 70 gear from ShB so you can just keep doing the MSQ normally without farming, but the ilvl reqs are still there.

Oh that makes sense. So if I wait till after shadowbringers is out I can get higher ilvl hear without grinding duties?

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Oh that makes sense. So if I wait till after shadowbringers is out I can get higher ilvl hear without grinding duties?

The level 70 dungeons will always have ilvl caps.

The non-level capped dungeons (e.g., 72, 74, 76, etc.) won't and you'll be able to buy high ilvl vendor gear with the new expansion.

Cybsled

Ah right, I have to do the class quest

Quest class armor isn’t as good as shire armor. You get shire armor in Idylshire from Rowena’s. It all costs poetics, which you should have lots of. Then you can augment the armor/weapon to boost its ilevel and the augment item costs 100 poetics. If you are running duty finder, you should have lots of poetics.

Augmented shire will help you a lot leveling in SB and it should carry you a good way through the 60s before you start replacing it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Maybe, but you'd have to do the MSQ then so not sure it's worth it. It shouldn't take very long at all right now to get the min ilvl for all the content besides savage/extremes. I haven't really done it from scratch in a while but my assumption is:

- You hit 70, do class quest for the i290, do Ishgard and Kugane/Rhalgr's Centurio Bounties, the weekly and the daily, gives 410centurio total for about 20mins of flying around and klling 20mobs(use hunt finder to path properly and make it less annoying). Buy centurio jewelry and belt with that, those are i330, now you should have enough to advance the story and shit.

- Clear each dungeon once to see content and get bonus mendacity, including the first batch of 70 ones. Between that and the MSQ shit, you should get enough mendacity to buy body and legs, or body and helm/boots/gloves, which should bump it further. Keep going and buy more mendacity gear as you go. When you get 375 genesis, buy a scaevan ring too.

- Do Deltascape for more mendacity again as well as the trial questline too. Replace your shitty AF armor first with mendacity, then replace the centurio jewelry

- At that point you should have enough ilvl to do Sigmascape so do that, and save the remaining bonus mendacity. Run Sigmascape V4 3 times more once unlocked to get 4 of the crysalloids. That should be the only part you really have to "grind" I think. Then use 1000mendacity+4 items to buy the mendacity weapon, and you're full 360, which I think is enough for all content?

- Maybe you need 365, but at that point just run Alphascape, try to get some bolts to buy jewelry/belt(just roll on everything though), and run whatever roulettes to get genesis and dump that into accessories too to get that ilvl bump to 365. Maybe you'll have to grind some alphascape for 380, or if you can enter do Orbonne for 390 MAYBE(Orbonne clear rate is kinda shit nowadays). Alternatively buy a 380 Rakshasa crafted weapon or find someone to craft it for cheap in your FC, and upgrade it with a few mendacity to 390 to bump your ilvl a bunch. But at that point getting to 365 is just a matter of running the 70dungeon roulette once a day for 15mins and waiting a few days so you have enough genesis to buy jewelry to pad your ilvl up there.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Also, learn what the hunt system is. Mark bills (centurio bounties) are the easy solo dailies but there are also named monsters that spawn in each zone which award seals and tomes.

A ranks spawn every 4-6 hours automatically
S ranks spawn every 3-5 days but have a spawn condition that needs to be met

With cross world visit now a thing there are discords which arrange hunt trains for the Stormblood A ranks so you can rack up a ton of currency in a short amount of time, hop to the next server with a train and do it again. S ranks are usually done by a dedicated spawning community and are relayed out to linkshells/discords assuming you don't have the stereotypical griefing asshole(s) immediately pulling and killing on your server. If 1000 people all engage the hunts and get full aggro credit then 1000 people get full rewards on these (most will go WHM and spam medica regen or PLD with flash aggro spam).

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Finished my 3rd eureka relic (paladin) quest last night and deciding if I'm going to go back to pyros to reroll stats on it. So far I've done the drk and Sam with decent stats on it. I had a few smoldering hydatos crystals so I was able to get more stats on the sword but I was unaware you have to do the shield also. Like WTF?! That's double the work. Smdh.....

If anyone plans on playing or currently on sargantas my FC is looking for members. We plan on keeping the numbers small around 40ish people and not being one of those super 400+ member FC. Hit me up as Nola Deus for an invite if interested.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Road to 60 is gone, but I learned about Alliance Raids today, so it evens out. Going to jam my PLD to 50 so I can have someone to use fending stuff on, and to get to 70. Also going to foist those awesome Odin items on the event moogle onto that job too. That black armor/hat is so good looking.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Is there anything I should be doing with my poetics while leveling up? Currently capped on them, so not sure if there's something I could be putting them to use on.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there a way around the ilvl requirements when going thru the story line? Was goin great (negotiations scene with emperor really well written) and this big buildup to a war.. and then I’m 20 ilvls behind the dungeon I have to do next, so dumb.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is there anything I should be doing with my poetics while leveling up? Currently capped on them, so not sure if there's something I could be putting them to use on.
You can buy gear for alts(Ironworks in Mor Dhona and Shire in Idylshire) mostly, past that you can just convert it into money by buying either Unidentifed Ore/Shell, Demicrystals(directly vendored instead of AH, good when you have doma reconstruction weekly) and Tier VI Materias, whichever makes more kinda depends on server. The unidentified stuff you trade to Bertana in Idylshire for Grade 3 Thanalan or Shroud soil and sell these. You can also start stockpiling mats for an anima relic for glamour purposes, you need 10x all the Unidentified materials and at least 40 umbrites as welll as 5 aether oils. You can also buy some stuff in advance for the original zodiac relic, but it's less stuff and I forgot exactly what.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hit 61 and have my idyllshire gear. Pumping shit out now. Still can't believe how great the graphics in this game are. Also I had the music muted forever, I did. Ot know the magitek mount plays the Terra theme

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I got Alchemist and Goldsmith from 51-52 to 61 yesterday. I still have about 30 or so leves so might try to get Blacksmith from 52 to 60 today. Not sure I want to craft that much though. Only leave Armorer and Learherworker at 51 or so. What I dislike about those 3 is that they have tons or sub crafting stuff to make to get anything done which is very time consuming.

I was surprised at the xp from the 50-60 leves, I think it took like 4-6 if you can get only HQ turn ins. I do turn in regular quality though since some of the stuff is hard to HQ sometimes, especially if you don’t have HQ mats.

I’m still surprised by the quality of the crafting quest, some of them are really interesting. I enjoyed the Goldsmith one from 50-60 with the music box. The Alchemist one from 50-60 was also kinda fun investigating Alchemy related murders.

Well let’s see if I have in me to craft today or not. :)

• 1Like