Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So Retainers - looking long term, is there any particular class/mission type that's better than the others, over all?
Battle usually has more expensive mats, but gathers less of them so tend to lag behind. BTN/MIN make good money. FSH tends to suck but can be good the first few weeks of the expansion if you spam leve fishes. You level using 1hour specific item, and 18hours when you go to bed/can't use more 1hours. Quick ventures once the prices go down after launch to get random crap like housing items, minions or EX primal drops.

Still can't decide between doing the new tank or AST. Leaning towards the new tank class. What's everyone else doing for battle classes?

Dancer first, then probably SCH/PLD and then we'll see, maybe NIN.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Battle usually has more expensive mats, but gathers less of them so tend to lag behind. BTN/MIN make good money. FSH tends to suck but can be good the first few weeks of the expansion if you spam leve fishes. You level using 1hour specific item, and 18hours when you go to bed/can't use more 1hours. Quick ventures once the prices go down after launch to get random crap like housing items, minions or EX primal drops.

Having just leveled an extra miner and botanist retainer from 1 to 70 before expansion, I really feel like as long as their gear is somewhat current to whatever level they're at you get more exp overall from quick ventures over the 1 hour specific item ones. Obviously you get the benefit of building up specific good mats you know you will use with the specific 1 hour ventures, but just seemed like a lot less exp than the average for quick ventures would be.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Also wouldn't mind an FC on Lev. Ryoushii Kikan'Tsuiku is the name (sorry). Still nowhere near ready for the expac, but oh well, no rush. Been rolling through a bunch of old hard dungeon and Ex trial quests that I just never did back in the day. Been interesting since I guess no one really does synced Ex's anymore, so it's just a pack of noobs and long queues. Got Odin and Garuda out of the way, on to Titan Ex.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Having just leveled an extra miner and botanist retainer from 1 to 70 before expansion, I really feel like as long as their gear is somewhat current to whatever level they're at you get more exp overall from quick ventures over the 1 hour specific item ones. Obviously you get the benefit of building up specific good mats you know you will use with the specific 1 hour ventures, but just seemed like a lot less exp than the average for quick ventures would be.
The real question is how many days it will take to get the 18hr minions for free. Mameshiba was a real bitch (pun intended) to acquire. However, I lucksacked two koala joeys in two consecutive days, so that was probably why.

Merrith

The real question is how many days it will take to get the 18hr minions for free. Mameshiba was a real bitch (pun intended) to acquire. However, I lucksacked two koala joeys in two consecutive days, so that was probably why.

that's all just pretty much get them to 80, and roll the RNG thing. I'll sell the first one I get for sure.

Kay

Golden Squire
If Levi people want to collect in sort of one place, you're welcome to join my fc. Caveat: if you're looking for vibrant fc chat from a pile of existing members, you'll be disappointed. It's just me, my alts, and one guy who isn't likely to log in again anytime soon. I'm living in Eureka until I rush through the patch content, so I suck at looking for anyone. You can click the placard at my house (Lavender beds, ward 10, plot 21, forever sad I missed Shirogane opening and I hate you if you have plot 30.) Should have an application button, and I can add you from that if I don't catch you online. I'm mostly on Obsolete Model, if you want to add me and don't care that I pretty much just lurk here.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Finally finished all my relic weapons from anima to eureka. Eureka took me about a month and half to complete and the anima about 2 weeks. Definitely going with the gold anima(the one before this one is blue) as my default weapon glam opposed to the hydatos one.

ffxiv_06222019_083630_551.png

ffxiv_06222019_083907_766.png

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
If there are any players on Omega and want an FC, drop me a PM and I'll invite you. We have a small house and non retarded members who are going to be playing a fuckton come ShB. We're irl friends so we play quite a lot, but we're willing to do all and any content.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Same here for Gilgamesh/Aether. We have a house and let members activate the FC buffs. We only have about 5 members who came back from a break but we are pretty active.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Trying to clear my quest log before xpansion. So I ran through all the Aliance raids this week. Did Orbonne Monastary today and the mechanics are really unforgiving. Pulled through and got it done even though I had only the basic grasp on some mechanics (did need to be revived a few times ;).

How do these duty finder raids in FFXIV compare to Wow. Surely harder then LFR at least. I never raided much in WoW so not sure how they compare. Normal or heroic difficulty?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
LFR is braindead. The only people that sort of need to know what's going on are tanks.. and even then...

If you have a pulse you're good

Kay

Golden Squire
I'd say the 24 mans are somewhere between LFR and normal. You can generally complete them with half your team dying to stupid crap (and will usually actually have half your team dying to stupid crap), but they have a little more in the way of mechanics than LFR. Both occasionally have mechanics that'll wipe the raid if enough people fuck them up (looking at you, Coven), but no one is shocked when it happens.

Malakriss

Generally, the alliance raids scale higher in difficulty throughout an expansion. So the 3rd one will be more difficult mechanically than the first two, and the first two you have the advantage of being able to overgear them as the tiers continue. People will die, but as long as enough people can do the fight properly and throw out rezzes to the shitters you can still finish.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Raids are tiered weird in this game. You have your 24 man alliance raids with one difficultly setting. Then you have 8 man raids with normal and savage difficulty. You also have ultimate 8 man raids. This is the hardest one. Trials are also 8 man raids with normal, hard and extreme difficulties. It's all over the place.

Cybsled

Ya, 24 man raids are somewhere between LFR and Normal: Doable by pubs, but a lot less forgiving on mechanics. Especially week 1 lol

Trials are a mixed bag. Most of the normal trials are pretty easy (except Omega's robot form...the English translator was a fucking troll with that starboard/larboard shit). The Extreme/Savage trials would be more similar to heroic/Mythic in WoW...people need to pull their weight and meet gear/DPS checks and not fail mechanics or you'll die.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Considering jump potion a WHM. Healer is the only role I dont have at 70. Got SAM, RDM and DRK and will level the DRK first in Shadowbringer.

How is life as a healer? Only played the role in WoW and felt the addons for healing was almost needed to funktion.

WHM has been the most lack-luster healer so far. the other healers seem better / more fun to play but WHM just seems super old school vanilla EQ1 when most of the game requires WoW WotLK paladins.

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
You get a lot of tools when you hit the expansions for WHM. If you're looking for ELITE DPS then you're probably shit outta luck hah, as they pretty much drop a couple of dots and then spam their single Stone spell over and over until they need to do something else.

However, for healing and just general utility, they are pretty beastly. Rarely run outta mana due to an ae heal/dps/mana regen spell and the normal healer mana regen ability. Giant AE stun/dps spell that you can combine with insta-cast and the diminishing returns to drop 3 at the start of basically any group fight before you need to go back to healing, due to the stuns. Of course an insta-cast full heal every 2 minutes, but you also get a much faster cooldown medium heal. Add in some synergy with an insta-cast regen spell, an absorption shield based on target HP, and of course the EZmode Medica 2 AE heal+different regen(stacks with Regen) hits, and you have a pretty fun and active class during fights.

But solo leveling is pure cancer.

• 1Like