Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cybsled

Where can I get some new gear besides the auction house? I haven't played in over a year and I have to do some MSQ to get to the expansion and for one of the dungeons I need 360 gear score and I'm sitting at 353. I have a bunch of poetics saved up if that helps.

Rhaeager's Reach. All the stuff is for poetics now. 390 gear + upgrade item is 100 poetics to make it 400 ilevel.

Cybsled

Greg just died. Where do I exchange the old mendacity/genesis tomes for poetics then?

Mor Dhona. The splendors vendor will have an option to convert the old tomes

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
If servers are stable, to bypass getting booted, talk to an NPC and then afk. your character will be stuck in a menu and won't get the boot. I know this works on the PotD NPC.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
If servers are stable, to bypass getting booted, talk to an NPC and then afk. your character will be stuck in a menu and won't get the boot. I know this works on the PotD NPC.
Keep in mind they will sometimes do a force logout of all characters to boot the people doing exactly this. See this Lodestone post for details, but relevant part:

Please note that we may also log out all characters on all Worlds should the congestion not dissipate. Should this become necessary, we will make an announcement via the in-game system message before it takes place.

Janx Janx - The irony is that from servers up until now, everything was running smooth. 9hrs without a single problem other than a 2k queue, so either prime time somehow happened (it's not even 1pm PST) or else we broke it and/or DDOS that people said was going to happen. :p

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'll be on tonight if anyone on Leviathan (or our data center) wants to join the CWLS Waifu Pillow. I've been too slammed but I'm playing tonight

Aria Noodleface - add me

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Auto afk kick is set to 30 minutes right now. Queue on my server was 6 people at 5pm est.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is there something to do to unlock the ability to gather in the new zones? I can do leves, and unspoiled nodes when they spawn...but I cannot locate regular nodes at all.

Edit: Well just needed 71 to see regular nodes.
Nvm talked too soon. It seems Amh Araeng has 70 nodes, could see them fine at 70, but Kholusia nodes seem to be higher levels so they don't appear at 70.

Last edited:

Kay

Golden Squire
Vaguely hate myself, but healed a dungeon. (Need to level one of my retainers, so gonna continue hating myself periodically.) Complete lack of surprise face, there's no "more healing required" as far as I could tell, and that's with fucking up my buttons because muscle memory expects shit that isn't there. Things don't seem to weave as well atm, though that could be lag. Not much to weave anymore anyway. Yay or something. Oh yeah, and also with someone standing in something unhealthy pretty frequently.