Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cybsled

People will focus mostly on leveling a combat class first I imagine. And those that are leveling crafting are probably doing heavy self-supply for the low level shit or zooming past it. I got Carpenter to 72 only crafting stuff for the delivery quests, so I more or less skipped over the white oak tier.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I woke up this morning, 1.5M richer, not too bad considering the most Gil I have ever had is 8M, made about 1/5th of that in a day.

I guess most people aren't leveling crafters though, since only 2 items sold...all rest didn't move, not just for me but the sale history was empty, like White Oak Logs has no sale history.

Sadly, I won't be able to play too much today, have to go at my dad for a family party this afternoon.
No rush. Besides for all the shit I think you posted of stuff he built you. That was you right? Dudes a badass

khorum

Murder Apologist
I actually got to 72 as pally yesterday but this morning I switched to WHM as the class I'm maining to 80. Fucking 15min queues as tank thanks to all the gunbreakers running around sealed that deal.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I'm scared to think what Titania Savage is going to be like. Regular mode has a pretty decent DPS check (or should I say, coordinated DPS check)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm scared to think what Titania Savage is going to be like. Regular mode has a pretty decent DPS check (or should I say, coordinated DPS check)
It isn't uncommon for story mode to be as challenging and sometimes more challenging than EX, both because of retards and because of weirder gear requirements without full skillsets.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Am I being more retarded than usual, or is it not possible to - on the market - buy only 1 item out of a stack?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I played this game at launch and considering playing again, but it seems like it wants me to buy the game again?

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
So I played this game at launch and considering playing again, but it seems like it wants me to buy the game again?

You can get the game for free from Twitch Prime (Amazon Prime). There's a free trial for that, too, if you don't subscribe already.

Saves you a cool $20 and includes 30 days of sub time.

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anyone grinding up from 60ish? need to level dancer and uunnngg HoH

I did a few levels of dancer in HoH last night and a couple this morning. There's no rush for me though, my sub lasts a month. So I have a month to level to 70, do all the expansion content that's relevant to me and hit the cap again. I doubt I'll level any other classes or my crafters/gatherers. I can imagine HoH driving me insane if I grinded non-stop, but I'd rather not.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
You can get the game for free from Twitch Prime (Amazon Prime). There's a free trial for that, too, if you don't subscribe already.

Saves you a cool $20 and includes 30 days of sub time.
I have prime, don't see the offer. Is this coming up for prime day?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Has anyone ran a dungeon with the NPCs trust system yet? The dunegons ques for tanks are pretty long cause of all the GNBs. Did the first dunegon that was available and the NPC AI wasn't bad. Healer was able to keep me alive even when pulling huge packs. Only issues and think Xenovex said the same the dps damage is low. They take forever to kill especially trash packs so it took a while to clear it. Boss fights they were on point, they did the mechanics better than human players tbh.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Has anyone ran a dungeon with the NPCs trust system yet? The dunegons ques for tanks are pretty long cause of all the GNBs. Did the first dunegon that was available and the NPC AI wasn't bad. Healer was able to keep me alive even when pulling huge packs. Only issues and think Xenovex said the same the dps damage is low. They take forever to kill especially trash packs so it took a while to clear it. Boss fights they were on point, they did the mechanics better than human players tbh.
I did the first 2 dungeons with trusts, and the first one with players to compare. Both trust runs were 30mins on the dot(2nd one slightly more my food buff wore off during last boss fight near the end, first one little bit less I had 40secs left on it). This is how it's meant to be from what they've said, because of no queue. And compared to the run I did with pugs, it was about as fast. I tried aoeing a bunch but it doesn't really go much faster, next dungeon I think I'll try single targetting everything and one pull at a time and see if it still takes 30mins, I wonder if they have some sort of AI tweaks that scale the damage Trusts do based on progress, so you can't actually go faster by doing crazy stuff versus just playing normally.

So yeah it's not fast but unless you're a healer, it's not really much slower if you include the queue. Granted you could be getting xp during the queue. I do like getting all the loot and not having to deal with retards though and I like seeing the NPCs do stuff. On the last boss of the 2nd dungeon, there's some "break" phase where you have to cross over some stuff and each of the NPC reacted differently.
Urianger just teleports over no fucks given, Thancred talks shit then cross a bit and Shukuchi over the rest and Minfillia goes REALLY SLOWLY across to not fall. Tempted to see what the twins do

• 1Like

Cybsled

That's funny. When I ran it with a PUG, I was the only person to cross for what felt like a minute. I had to use the limit break to stop the boss from finishing the wipe attack.

If I had to guess for the twins, Alisae would probably just yolo across and Alphinaud would get like halfway across and freeze up.

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
I am so tempted to start playing this. I tried 8.2 in WoW and it just felt bland. Someone tell me I'd be making a mistake by starting from scratch on here at the moment?

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I did the first 2 dungeons with trusts, and the first one with players to compare. Both trust runs were 30mins on the dot(2nd one slightly more my food buff wore off during last boss fight near the end, first one little bit less I had 40secs left on it). This is how it's meant to be from what they've said, because of no queue. And compared to the run I did with pugs, it was about as fast. I tried aoeing a bunch but it doesn't really go much faster, next dungeon I think I'll try single targetting everything and one pull at a time and see if it still takes 30mins, I wonder if they have some sort of AI tweaks that scale the damage Trusts do based on progress, so you can't actually go faster by doing crazy stuff versus just playing normally.

So yeah it's not fast but unless you're a healer, it's not really much slower if you include the queue. Granted you could be getting xp during the queue. I do like getting all the loot and not having to deal with retards though and I like seeing the NPCs do stuff. On the last boss of the 2nd dungeon, there's some "break" phase where you have to cross over some stuff and each of the NPC reacted differently.
Urianger just teleports over no fucks given, Thancred talks shit then cross a bit and Shukuchi over the rest and Minfillia goes REALLY SLOWLY across to not fall. Tempted to see what the twins do

See that shit is why I really like trusts. It's slow, and not efficient, but there's a ton of flavour with all the various NPCs.

It just makes it more fun for repeat attempts imo.

• 1Salty

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Does anyone know if there's vendor gathering gear above 70 in Shadowbringers, well I saw the level 71, but I don't seem to see anything else beside the level 80 gear from white scrips? Noone is crafting any yet, and my miner is almost 75, so looking for gear upgrades.