Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

khorum

Murder Apologist
View attachment 213428

It does not say "steam". Should it if it is a Steam account?

Mine says "Steam" in a couple places...one in the "account type" and the other in the subscription payment option since I pay through steam:

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Problem #1 is you bought an MMO on Steam. If nothing else works start all over OFF Steam.

Sorry, GoG for life yo, word to yo motha.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Mine says "Steam" in a couple places...one in the "account type" and the other in the subscription payment option since I pay through steam:

Thank you. That was what I was wondering, if it said anything about Steam. Bought the non steam edition of Stormblood, and it activated on my account. Even though I bought the original and heavensward on Steam.

Last edited:

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Thank you. That was what I was wondering, if it said anything about Steam. Bought the non steam edition of Stormblood, and it activated on my account. Even though I bought the original and heavensward on Steam.

AFAIK if you bought the base game through Steam, all the expansions need to be bought through Steam. You don't have to pay subscription through Steam though, you can use Mog Station (which is what I do).

khorum

Murder Apologist
were you able to login when all you have activated was that version of stormblood? If so maybe you need to buy a non-steam key for shadowbringers since it turned your ffxiv account into a non-steam one.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
Well all your steam purchases are reported as a non-itemized general valve/steam expenditure on a credit statement..which is handy for certain end-of-year filing shenanigans; especially if you can show a business use for an app, service or device you've bought off steam.

• 2Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Btw reminder in case of, it's monday, weekly reset tomorrow, do your shit even if it takes a bit of time. Fashion report(this week is annoying unless you have swimsuits from various events I think), Doma reconstruction(bit of free gold for 30secs of stuff), Custom deliveries(lots of xp still) and BLU stuff(if you want poetics). Also in the same vein, old daillies aren't so bad, especially SB beast tribes give 350k per turn in and are pretty quick to do generally, and ShB has its own bounties daily bills that give solid xp(can also kinda do SB ones but the xp isn't so great on these).

Oh and in case of, in the new zones once you're in Lakeland and higher, do 6 FATEs in the zone to unlock rank 2 rewards and get 72magic stones, then use 70 of them to buy the mount speed from the vendor. Lets you do quests a bunch faster and is kinda "free" since the FATE xp is decent enough. Lakeland story goes kinda fast so it wasn't that useful there but for Il Mheg and Rak'tikka it was pretty nice.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Man, friends trying to get setup to play and every fucking server is locked for new chars for Primal/Aether. JFC.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
were you able to login when all you have activated was that version of stormblood? If so maybe you need to buy a non-steam key for shadowbringers since it turned your ffxiv account into a non-steam one.

I bought everything non steam, and everything works now!

Now my problem is that I am level 60, I lots of skills and I don't know what anything does. Lots of icons saying I now have this and that, but ????

Need to fix ui.... What's the dragon icon thing and the one\two golden buttons that's on my screen now?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
Prolly some class resource indicator, every class some some resource they have to build/manage.

• 1Salty

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I bought everything non steam, and everything works now!

Now my problem is that I am level 60, I lots of skills and I don't know what anything does. Lots of icons saying I now have this and that, but ????

View attachment 213444

Need to fix ui.... What's the dragon icon thing and the one\two golden buttons that's on my screen now?
Bottom one is Aetherflow, use energy drain to get 2, then use other skills to spend(Fester or Bane or whatever the aoe nuke is named). Using them generate ressource for the dragon thing. Once you have enough, Dreadwyrm Trance. Once you've done that enough, Bahamut summon. Once capped, you can also get Phoenix every other Bahamut. You can HUD layout, click them then the little wheel and scale them down or use the Simple job gauge setup(makes them into much easier to read stuff with no fancy dragon or gold border). Also can just move them there.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
AFAIK if you bought the base game through Steam, all the expansions need to be bought through Steam. You don't have to pay subscription through Steam though, you can use Mog Station (which is what I do).

Recently they have stated that this problem has been fixed, had too do with the key-style they were producing via the steam sites(supposedly the key's are the same for either now)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Recently they have stated that this problem has been fixed, had too do with the key-style they were producing via the steam sites(supposedly the key's are the same for either now)
Not sure where you heard that but that's wrong. It still says so on both the Square Enix store and Steam's store pages too

"This product is not compatible with the Steam version of FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online Starter Edition (A Realm Reborn). If you’ve purchased FFXIV Starter/Edition A Realm Reborn on Steam, then you must also purchase FFXIV: Shadowbringers on Steam to upgrade your existing account. " "This product is only compatible with the Steam version of FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn. If you’ve purchased FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn on Steam, then you must also purchase FINAL FANTASY® XIV: SHADOWBRINGERS on Steam to upgrade your existing account. "

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Been making so much money just selling some of the GC fishes I had saved up, kinda wish I had more to sell. Bought a bunch of bashful batfishes for like ~1k each a few months ago, now they're selling for 25k each at a pretty high pace but the best are all these flamefishes I fished while I was doing maps(I specifically picked that spot cause it had them as easy catch so everyday when gathering maps I'd have a chance to get some, and on 100% HQ nodes I'd just turn off the map thing and try to get more), they're going for 100k each. Pays for some of my early material needs pretty nicely and kinda cost me nothing.