Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Kay

Golden Squire
Check a vendor named Doddard (9, 14) in the Crystarium. He should have some. (I can't double check because I afked out like an idiot and am now halfway through my 1947 person queue. Grr.)

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I am so tempted to start playing this. I tried 8.2 in WoW and it just felt bland. Someone tell me I'd be making a mistake by starting from scratch on here at the moment?

It's a good time waster. Definitely worth the box price, and you'd be hard pressed not to get at least a solid month of enjoyment out of it if you put in a reasonable effort. It has got plenty of problems, and even a few of BFA's problems, but it's a solid game with solid content. Music and polish are top notch. Boss fights are some of the most enjoyable and epic in any game. If you give it a try, even if you don't stick around, I think you'll find your money was well spent.

Edit: With one caveat. If you're not into bunny girls, cat girls, barely dressed muscled up men, weabooism and cuteness overload you might have to wear blinders for this one. The LGBT community in this game is MASSIVE and most seem to be anime fans and weeaboo deluxe. Just some fair guidance.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Does anyone know if there's vendor gathering gear above 70 in Shadowbringers, well I saw the level 71, but I don't seem to see anything else beside the level 80 gear from white scrips? Noone is crafting any yet, and my miner is almost 75, so looking for gear upgrades.
Garland was updated, you can check the gear there and find who sells it, sadly not fully updated yet. Lvl 74 Atrociraptor is sold notably by "Mord Junkmonger" so I guess vendor is in Mord Souq in Ahm Araeng but might be from the higher level area in there. Otherwise Rakatikka Greatwoods probably since that's the lvl range.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Rakatikka's soundtrack has been ruined forever for me by someone saying it sounds like the singer is saying "Too late I already have ebola."

That's all I hear now =| cool zone though; not as good as Il Mehg but WAY better than the first couple of zones. I get the "on the edge of light" stuff so they are washed out and desolate, but jesus. Especially after the Peaks and the Fringes.

Absolutely love Scottish accents though.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I am so tempted to start playing this. I tried 8.2 in WoW and it just felt bland. Someone tell me I'd be making a mistake by starting from scratch on here at the moment?

Roll something on a preferred server and you can get to 60 ultra fast. Bear in mind the buff only lasts 90 days, so if you have an itch to gather/craft or play lots of classes, it's not permanent. Not a huge deal overall. For fighting classes you have POTD/HOH that will level the fuck out of you, and for trades there are always leves. But that buff is super awesome while you have it. It doubles all sources of xp until you hit 60 (maybe 70 now?).

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
Didn't mean to stay up all night, but got engrossed in the story too much towards the end. RIP sleep schedule. Healer queues keeping the story flowing helped too.

This is hands down the best story so far.

Cybsled

What's the quickest way to get gathering to 71 so you can see the new nodes ?

Gathering leves, custom deliveries, and Crystarium deliveries all give a ton of XP. Thankfully, the majority of the level 70 leves are evaluation leves, which give the best level XP for gathering classes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Apparently the MSQ doesn't give enough exp and I'm getting quests that I'm below level. So what's everyone been doing for that make up exp? Fates and daily roulettes?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
For the last expansion, I tried going back, but couldn't due to some things with Steam vs Moogle account and not allowing me to enter codes for the expansion.

Back then, thankfully there was a refund on Steam, but answers from both Square and Steam was "talk to the other one" regarding on even getting an expansion to work. Because I bought the main game + first expansion on steam, and was surprised when the last expansion from steam didn't work. I've since thought maybe the problem is that it now says "pal" version. None of my activated games on the moogle store says pal. Not sure if that was added later and broke it somehow?

If I just rebuy the entire game and all expansions on steam. Can I add them again on my account on the moogle store even though the main game and heavensward are already activated? And then use the characters I already have? I'm just worried that it might get conflicted by having the CE version of the main + heavensward, then adding the starter edition + free heavensward to it. Which would get preference? I could also buy the full CE version from the Square store, but then I'd have a steam + non steam version?

I don't want to test it without knowing since they obviously got tired of the problems with steam+ moogle store and now all FF 14 products say that they are not refundable.

If that is not possible, is it possible to create a new account, buy the full game then transfer a character to a new account? I guess that is less likely.

I want to try it again. I want to spend money, but they are making it stupidly hard.

Cybsled

Apparently the MSQ doesn't give enough exp and I'm getting quests that I'm below level. So what's everyone been doing for that make up exp? Fates and daily roulettes?

Roulettes (MSQ Roulette at 71 gave me like 6.1M XP) and some of the side quests (the aether current unlocks that chain into multiple quests). The chain quests I do because more often than not, those frequently end up being pre-reqs for future content, like beast tribe unlocks. The chains also give more rewards.

khorum

Murder Apologist
For the last expansion, I tried going back, but couldn't due to some things with Steam vs Moogle account and not allowing me to enter codes for the expansion.

Back then, thankfully there was a refund on Steam, but answers from both Square and Steam was "talk to the other one" regarding on even getting an expansion to work. Because I bought the main game + first expansion on steam, and was surprised when the last expansion from steam didn't work. I've since thought maybe the problem is that it now says "pal" version. None of my activated games on the moogle store says pal. Not sure if that was added later and broke it somehow?

If I just rebuy the entire game and all expansions on steam. Can I add them again on my account on the moogle store even though the main game and heavensward are already activated? And then use the characters I already have? I'm just worried that it might get conflicted by having the CE version of the main + heavensward, then adding the starter edition + free heavensward to it. Which would get preference? I could also buy the full CE version from the Square store, but then I'd have a steam + non steam version?

I don't want to test it without knowing since they obviously got tired of the problems with steam+ moogle store and now all FF 14 products say that they are not refundable.

If that is not possible, is it possible to create a new account, buy the full game then transfer a character to a new account? I guess that is less likely.

I want to try it again. I want to spend money, but they are making it stupidly hard.

I just bought the expansion a couple days ago and added it to a deactivated ARR+HW steam account. To add shb you buy it on steam, click on the DLC link in the FFXIV's steam page, to get the Shadowbringers Early Access CD-Key, then login to your mogstation, scroll to the active products table click on the early access box and use that steam CD key activate that with your current account.

I also pay for the game with a steam subscription if you want to replicate all those conditions, but it definitely works.

I dunno how you managed to get a PAL version tho.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

Steam and not Steam are entirely different "versions" are do not work with each other. An account that uses non steam cannot ever use Steam products on it(expansions and such), and vice versa. If your original account is not steam, then you need expansions from not steam. It clearly says so on basically every page of everything. It's weird, but that's how it is. This is also one of the simplest problem to troubleshoot if you google it so not sure how you ended up not hearing about it the first time and making the same mistake again.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I just bought the expansion a couple days ago and added it to a deactivated ARR+HW steam account. To add shb you buy it on steam, click on the DLC link in the FFXIV's steam page, to get the Shadowbringers Early Access CD-Key, then login to your mogstation, scroll to the active products table click on the early access box and use that steam CD key activate that with your current account.

I know, that's what I did last time. With Stormblood. However, it wouldn't accept a Steam code.

Which is why it was weird, because I have it on steam. I know that Steam and not Steam are very different and don't work together, what I didn't understand is why my Steam version of Stormblood would not work with my account. Which is what neither Square or Steam could answer.

For you who bought it recently on Steam, does the mogstation show "steam" on the versions you have activated in mogstation?

This is my mogstation. Normal + Heavensward activated.

When entering the Steam code last time, it just said that my mogstation account was not a steam account and wouldn't let me register the code. I never got it to activate, so got a refund. Now I can't refund, so a bit of an expensive "test" if I get the same issue again on steam.

EDIT: Fuck it. Testing again. Downloading the game off steam now, and subbing again. Did that last time, so know the game works off steam. Buying stormblood, and if that won't activate and I get the error like last time (something something Steam not compatible with this account) I'll give away the code.

Last edited:

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Main story roulette is like half a level. Alliance raid roulette is also huge. I have been doing all my roulettes and picked up the 78 quest just now. Only had to do one extra dungeon at like 76 I think.

The quest at the North end of the kelethin zone was amazing. Best mmo quest I have ever done.