Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I meant crafting books, I got all the gathering ones before I hit 77 from all the stupid collectables and the job quest deliveries shit, and I still have my 2000red scrips stocked in case of. But crafting books aren't in yet and there's gonna be a ton of them, it's not hard to get them just wish I could buy them right away even if they had locked recipes instead of having to wait an arbitrary patch for them.

Edit: Done with crafting/gathering. 5 leves left, so I didn't mess up too much, although like 60 of these were CUL leves, shit eats leves like crazy cause the triple turn in are terrible xp. On the flipside, very cheap to level, like 150-200k with vendor food every 2 levels.

I remember doing a 70 CUL triple, but did the 74 CUL triple all the way to 80 after that. Granted ALC was so easy with their triples (36 total combines to go from 72 to 80 with craft exp) that I was able to do all the Crystal deliveries for those two towards CUL.

Yeah I was annoyed no craft books yet, I had 2k/2k scrips stocked up, but seeing how easy it is with some of these collects I'm not worried. Didn't have much of the cubus flesh for that alc recipe, but I still squeezed out about 15k crafting yellow scrips worth yesterday from it. Materia stockpile is looking better. Still need my retainers to hit 80 so I can start stocking more of the 80 mats for white scrip crafts, and need a decent recipe/star to grind those a little.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Yikes, got on AST last night without having read any of the healer changes at all. They really did something with the card mechanics. XIV forums are full of QQ about it.

On a different note, anyone know if you need PS+ to play XIV? Got a buddy I’m trying to get into the game who’s tight on funds at the moment, and his PS+ just expired.

Thanks.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yikes, got on AST last night without having read any of the healer changes at all. They really did something with the card mechanics. XIV forums are full of QQ about it.

On a different note, anyone know if you need PS+ to play XIV? Got a buddy I’m trying to get into the game who’s tight on funds at the moment, and his PS+ just expired.

Thanks.
No PS+ since there's a separate sub.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Thanks.
The AST changes are fine. The card you were always fishing for was the dps gain anyways. The little minigame of trying to find the right suits for your aoe dps increase is cool.

I've found the actual healing from AST to be lacking. I just got the 76 skill so maybe that changes it but so far I like healing on the scholar better.

What are people spending poetics on? Is there a good ingredient you need for crafting at 80 or something?

• 1Seriously?

Cybsled

Not really. You can use them to buy SB crafting things or trade it for the unidentified shells/ore/etc which you can then turn into rank 3 soils

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just finished MSQ, and it was awesome! Got my BTN to 78, so will be 80 tomorrow and ready to farm dem white scrips.

Aside from paring down spells that never got used much anyways, RDM is pretty much exactly the same as in SB. There's an addition to the chain where you burn white/black down that is decent DPS, which is nice. They did nerf AE a bit, but that's OK. Still better than single target when there are 2+ mobs.

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
Done a couple PF tries at Titania. One wasn't coordinated enough to do lightning swaps, the other had the typical bard who dies to the same mechanic every single time with a healer who doesn't know what the fuck North means. I should have tried the first real day of parties rather than level DoH/DoL, wading through a river of crap.

Most ppl were farming innocence first I think or were doing EX with their statics. I saw like two titania ex runs on aether PF on Weds....tons of them up by Friday though.

I got my whm rdy for Eden at il444 or so. Innocence was actually way easier to farm than Titania. In the process of farming tokens for right side healing 450s I was able to get most of a tanking set and some SAM pieces too. Ppl claim titania is easier but the margins of error are more forgiving on innocence. You only need to keep an eye out for a couple mechanics, none of them particularly tricky like titania's lightning tether rotation or the adjusting to stack/ae brambles after the add phase or having to rescue people before they walk off the edge with hysteria.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So downloaded game, was going to give it another go and go through the first levels before plunking down 40 for all expansions.

I cannot even make a character. All NA data center's servers won't accept new characters. Aether, Primal, Crystal.

Seriously?

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Got a Fatal DirectX 1100002 error on a group that looked like they were capable right during the big add phase. And I'm on gilg, which means there's a 30+ minute queue to login.

Cybsled

So downloaded game, was going to give it another go and go through the first levels before plunking down 40 for all expansions.

I cannot even make a character. All NA data center's servers won't accept new characters. Aether, Primal, Crystal.

Seriously?

For some reason, if a server has a queue, it doesn't allow new character creation. Problem is every server has a queue, even if tiny (ie, less than 30).

Not sure if they have made public comment on it yet?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's a really fuckin stupid system if someone wants to play this game and they can't even make a character on ANY server

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You can make a char when it's a small queue, but basically during the weekend most of the prime time and a fair bit outside that had every server locked I think, even on EU(I think even Spriggan/whatever, the 2 new servers were locked). They do need to fix this shit for new accounts.

Started lvling MNK and PLD now that I got SCH to 80. MNK gets the most boring 72 skill possible, a trait that increases fists of fire from 5% to 10% damage. The new tools are kinda neat for aoeing though, getting some good damage out of it. New PLD feels great and the new skill I got is already useful, can finally do a full aoe rotation.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Woke up this morning early to make a character on the Primal Data Center.

Gaming the game. A whole new challenge.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Got to 73 last night. I do like Warrior still, but it definitely feels neutered. The rotation is so boring.

I do love that I can overpower groups nonstop now in dungeons though. They made AOE threat kind of like WoW where it just doesn't matter at all anymore. Also the amount of fell cleaves I can cast is absolutely ridiculous. I haven't figured out the optimal way to weave them in.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Got to 73 last night. I do like Warrior still, but it definitely feels neutered. The rotation is so boring.

I do love that I can overpower groups nonstop now in dungeons though. They made AOE threat kind of like WoW where it just doesn't matter at all anymore. Also the amount of fell cleaves I can cast is absolutely ridiculous. I haven't figured out the optimal way to weave them in.

Farming extremes and our tanks are Warrior and Gunbreaker, Both similar DPS both green parse but the warrior activates 11 unique abilities during the fight and the gunbreaker almost 20.

Do you use an inner release burn phase with Fellcleave? make sure storms eye is up pop Inner release and berserk x2 and mash Fellcleave weave in your charge and upheaval as well as OGCDs.

Otherwise use fell cleave when ever you would cap your rage bar though it doesn't give crit anymore so that may change.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So my friend and I played for about 8 hours on and off yesterday and had tons of fun.

Yet, we didn't even kill a single thing. :)

Lots of fish were caught, ore mined and weed plucked though. :)

I do need to continue the MSQ though, since most of my crafting and crystarium deliveries require mats that are in areas that are locked to me. :)

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So to get caught up on the Acronyms... MSQ = Main Story Quest?

Needless

Toe Sucker
Correct

Hoping to finish the 4.4+ content tonight so i can move onto SB, im sick of stormblood lol.
Still not sure how much i like dancer, i mostly do because i like the big damage the dances do. I'll ride the class out until 80 anyway

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok cool I'm just going to start at level 1. I made a Dark Elf looking dude. Playing on PS4 Pro but I also have a PC license for the original game that I tied into it so I could switch if I wanted.

Any advantage to buying the expansion now (Which includes all 3) over just waiting until I finish the original realm reborn?