Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Who said anything about TESO? You two have been complaining about tab target combat, WoW clones and theme park MMOs for years, going well back to the old FOH boards
rrr_img_97181.jpg

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
They're fucking adults, they've read the thread already and know what they are getting themselves into. They are giving it a chance because the amount of content it is putting out is on point. Fuck off with the rehashed bullshit Rescorla.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
They're fucking adults, they've read the thread already and know what they are getting themselves into. They are giving it a chance because the amount of content it is putting out is on point. Fuck off with the rehashed bullshit Rescorla.
You better untwist those panties quick before your balls turn blue.

I guess I'm the only one who finds it's humorous that the one person who has ranted, whined and complained the most for this board's entire history about WoW clones, theme park MMOs, etc is playing both FF14 and SWTOR now.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
You're the dude riding other peoples balls about a video game. If keg was here he'd call you a nerd.

Nerd.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I haven't played wow in 4 or 5 years so I gave it a go for 2 months to play with rerolled bros. I mainly played it during downtime at work. Quit bc it was boring.

SWTOR is good because the story is awesome. Game play is crap. Plus you skip most of the crap.

Ffxiv I just want to see for myself since I never played it. Game will probably bore me but I'll get my 10 but worth.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I haven't played wow in 4 or 5 years so I gave it a go for 2 months to play with rerolled bros. I mainly played it during downtime at work. Quit bc it was boring.

SWTOR is good because the story is awesome. Game play is crap. Plus you skip most of the crap.

Ffxiv I just want to see for myself since I never played it. Game will probably bore me but I'll get my 10 but worth.
WHAT THIS MOTHERFUCKER SAID. SUCK IT RESCORLA!

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
To whoever the idiot was who negged me with this comment...

Quit it. Nobody else but you likes TESO. Let the butthurt go

..learn to fucking read. Draegan asked a question about FF14 so I gave him a truthful answer. Based on his posting history here, he isn't going to like FF14 because it's design is everything he has said he doesn't like in MMOs. I never even fucking mentioned TESO. That was Utnayan, who by the way for years has gone batshit crazy frothing at the mouth whenever a WoW-clone themepark MMO gets released. He has probably has well over a 1000 posts here attacking the people here who have supported those games, going so far as to blame us for the state of the MMO industry because as long as we keep buying and playing WoW-clone themepark MMOs, that is what developers will keep creating.

So forgive me if I am getting a laugh out of Utnayan's hypocrisy. Since he apparently doesn't have a problem with them anymore I wonder if his Our World MMO will be a themepark WoW clone?

PS. To any FF14 fanboy who thinks I am attacking FF14, FYI I don't have a problem with the game and am looking forward to the expansion.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I see a lot of random guides around the net. Looking at this one here:

Levelling Guide to FFXIV - A Realm Reborn | FFXIV ARR Forum - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Do I just follow the main story line and not do any of the basic town fetch quests when I start?
I suggest doing the random quests you see along your way. I suggest the town fetch quests merely so it's easier once you hit 50 to locate all the important shit you need to unlock via high level town quests. On your first toon doing side quests in the non-towns is easily the best exp/hour. The only thing close would be fate grinding if you are an AOE class or in a group with AOE classes that can tag millions of mobs at will in a zone where 20+ people are fate grinding.

Make sure to keep your story quest as high as you can get it. You won't catch up until like level 30 or so unless you are a tank class who can queue at will. The main story literally gets you all the extra shit you need to play the game.

On your second class and all those afterwards, anything you can queue for is really good exp. You get a seriously good bonus the first time you do any dungeon or guildhest (which is a mini-dungeon) so make sure to do each one.

Hunting Log is pretty good exp. Once you catch up with your story and are waiting for a dungeon queue, hit up your hunting log for anything you missed during your travels. If you hit a new "10 level" mark, try and go back and finish your hunting log right away as the story will lead you to your higher hunting log areas.

What class are you planning on playing? Each class has it's own specifics on what is better while leveling.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
To whoever the idiot was who negged me with this comment...

Quit it. Nobody else but you likes TESO. Let the butthurt go

..learn to fucking read. Draegan asked a question about FF14 so I gave him a truthful answer. Based on his posting history here, he isn't going to like FF14 because it's design is everything he has said he doesn't like in MMOs. I never even fucking mentioned TESO. That was Utnayan, who by the way for years has gone batshit crazy frothing at the mouth whenever a WoW-clone themepark MMO gets released. He has probably has well over a 1000 posts here attacking the people here who have supported those games, going so far as to blame us for the state of the MMO industry because as long as we keep buying and playing WoW-clone themepark MMOs, that is what developers will keep creating.

So forgive me if I am getting a laugh out of Utnayan's hypocrisy. Since he apparently doesn't have a problem with them anymore I wonder if his Our World MMO will be a themepark WoW clone?

PS. To any FF14 fanboy who thinks I am attacking FF14, FYI I don't have a problem with the game and am looking forward to the expansion.
I think we're all pretty knowledgable on this message board when it comes to these games. Don't you think I know that this game is a tab target theme park MMO? Maybe you just like pointing out the redundant and obvious to everyone?

Vithe

Hardcore Casual
I'm level 42 now on the Arcanist (Summoner/Scholar). Why is this game so good? I can't believe I waited this long to play it. I'm starting to get to a point where i'd really like to start grouping with some people, maybe joining a decent FC or Linkshell. If there are any suggestions please let me know as I understand that there really isn't a Rerolled FC.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Don't forget to do your gold saucer stuff once you hit (15? I believe) Starts in Uldah not far from the aytherite. It unlocks a bunch of fun mini-games/triple triad and you can earn MGP daily from the games or from a daily scratch ticket/weekly draw that takes 5 sec to do for equipment/mounts ect.

Vittra

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm level 42 now on the Arcanist (Summoner/Scholar). Why is this game so good? I can't believe I waited this long to play it. I'm starting to get to a point where i'd really like to start grouping with some people, maybe joining a decent FC or Linkshell. If there are any suggestions please let me know as I understand that there really isn't a Rerolled FC.
It's not your fault for waiting to play it, a lot of us played at release (won't even bring up version 1.0) and still quit at the first month, but now it's just THAT much better I can't even believe it.

Vittra

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Don't forget to do your gold saucer stuff once you hit (15? I believe) Starts in Uldah not far from the aytherite. It unlocks a bunch of fun mini-games/triple triad and you can earn MGP daily from the games or from a daily scratch ticket/weekly draw that takes 5 sec to do for equipment/mounts ect.
I'm crazy addicted to Triple triad and easily influenced by card games, it is distracting me from making real progress and I love it

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've been levelling my MRD (first class) on off-time when I have a chance and the baby isn't screaming. I've been playing on PS4 and it's pretty great, I can use the controller, keyboard, and mouse seemlessly. Controller is actually really easy to use. Had trouble targetting in dungeons, but found out R2+L1/R1 will cycle targets.

I need to get glasses now, that is certain. Can't read without squinting, and put on my wife's glasses and everything was fine.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Even if you and your wife end up having similar prescriptions, its really really awful for your eyes to look through other people's glasses, and the chance of you actually having the same prescriptions is about the same as winning the powerball, I imagine.

But yeah should get the eyes checked out, especially if you're edging up on 30 or past and words are becoming blurry.

I need to get back into this game. My sub is still active I just haven't had time to play for like over a month. Sigh.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I rolled a toon on Famfrit, and am levelling. Waiting to transfer, but my character doesn't show up on the mog station yet.