Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Finally started the HW stuff this morning after leveling mch & astro to 50. God damn the hp on trash mobs is retarded.
It hilarious because then you go into a quest instance and they have normal HP and you just plow through shit. Then you get out attack the same mobs and they take FOREVER.

Needless

Toe Sucker
are 'dps meters' a thing in FF14? a friend told me to download Advanced Combat Tracker but it doesn't seem to work at all lol

i guess theres the 'ff14 app' parse plugin as well?

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Well, for Bismarck EX I am finally at the point where I going to start kicking people that don't know how to DPS. Issue is, Square-Enix looks down on people who use parsers to kick. I am at my wits end. I guess I just won't mention the parser and say I looked at the battle logs. Any advice in this realm?

On that note, here is a really stupid question: Is it possible that DPS is too complicated? It seems that the gulf between a good DPS and a bad DPS in FFXIV is larger than other MMOs.
The advice is find a Free Company not full of morons.

DPS is not too complex. Look at Ninja for example. Even if you don't ever use a Mudra beyond the first one you get, if you just hit 3 buttons in a row you can do enough DPS to beat Bismark Ex. This game holds your hand and people who are pretty bad can advance pretty far. Nothing can help complete retardation though.

Funny story on retardation - I now have my Pally at max gear and have max ilvl on my right side for both strength jewelry and fending jewelry (because some pugs are terribad and want me to wear fending). So a healer in my FC asks for help, she has never done Neverreap before. I think the dungeon is fun so I jump in to help her. We wipe on the final boss at least a dozen times and the timer runs out. She couldn't keep me up while taking boss damage with Sentinel up. Like how does one function in life being that shit? Like you are a White Mage. Press 1 until you get a shiny box around 2 and then press 2.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Been playing the xpac a bit - holy fuck, the "find x # of moogles" in churning mists quests (seems like there are many) have to be some of the most god awful quest designs I've ever experienced. Shocking stuff really. Main story quests are pretty good though, but only for the story really as the quests themselves are not anything special. Seems like fates have been nerfed to fuck as well from 50-60 and I don't really see a point in doing them? Other than that, music, as always is almost perfect.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Bismark EX is not challenging. It's a gear check. You attack things that are alive. Get in the center if the sky is a certain color. Like retards could do it.
My group and I only bothered clearing it once, and we were all i145, so for us, the DPS check was substantial.

Well, for Bismarck EX I am finally at the point where I going to start kicking people that don't know how to DPS. Issue is, Square-Enix looks down on people who use parsers to kick. I am at my wits end. I guess I just won't mention the parser and say I looked at the battle logs. Any advice in this realm?

On that note, here is a really stupid question: Is it possible that DPS is too complicated? It seems that the gulf between a good DPS and a bad DPS in FFXIV is larger than other MMOs.
You can say that you will kick people for low DPS and actually do it, just if people ask how you know they're doing low DPS, don't answer the question or say something like "I've been watching you do your rotation."

On Gilgamesh, at least, people aren't very subtle about when they're using parsers and will even post parses in chat during Ravana Ex.

are 'dps meters' a thing in FF14? a friend told me to download Advanced Combat Tracker but it doesn't seem to work at all lol

i guess theres the 'ff14 app' parse plugin as well?
ACT is the only one worth using, FF14 App is garbage. To make ACT work, you need to make sure that you also download the FFXIV ACT plugin (which can also be found on the ACT website).

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea quest mechanics in this game are total garbage, just a never ending stream of 'kill x of mobs' and 'pick up clickie' with the occasional 'Kill mob then pick up clickie' thrown in. I don't mind though because its pretty obvious they didn't even try, and just put all their energy into the narrative. Which is nice because most mmo storytelling is worth ignoring. This one is far better than the original game and better than what we typically expect from mmo's. the side quests are a mixed batch but even someof them are really good and the writing is always above average

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Finished the Heavensward storyline. Goot shit.

Now let's see how soul crushing finding a good raid group is.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
My static is looking for a DRG and a WHM/AST for Alexander Normie/Savage raiding. Raid times are W/Th 8pm - 11pm PDT. Please reply or PM me if you're interested or want more information.

misery_sl

shitlord
Bismark EX is not challenging. It's a gear check. You attack things that are alive. Get in the center if the sky is a certain color. Like retards could do it.
Bull. Shit.

You want to make it challenging? Try doing that shit in a PUG, holy fuck. It's getting better, but still. (BTW I'm speaking as the healer)

I just moved to Gilgamesh. Holy shit at all the people. North Than fates are crazy. I see so many parties in PF. Things on the MB are affordable. Coming from a low pop server this is crazy to me.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So what's the current Rerolled linkshell/whatever the fuck they call it, and who can invite to it? Is it active?

Needless

Toe Sucker
getting this RainbowMage overlay to work for ACT is a fucking nightmare, holy hell.

fuck it i'll just keep the meter on my second monitor and look at it there lol

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
So what's the current Rerolled linkshell/whatever the fuck they call it, and who can invite to it? Is it active?
It's called "ReCliqued," I think Jaen has invite power.

getting this RainbowMage overlay to work for ACT is a fucking nightmare, holy hell.

fuck it i'll just keep the meter on my second monitor and look at it there lol
When I get home from work today I can upload my RainbowMage config to Mega and you can try just downloading and installing that. I've configured it pretty thoroughly to make it work well.

Needless

Toe Sucker
It's called "ReCliqued," I think Jaen has invite power.

When I get home from work today I can upload my RainbowMage config to Mega and you can try just downloading and installing that. I've configured it pretty thoroughly to make it work well.
Werd, i'll give it a whirl.
I had it loading the plugin fine (loading but not displaying the overlay), but once i tried to do anything regarding the plugin/overlay it just errored and forced me to close ACT lol

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jaen Mandar, ingame name for poster Nehrak. I think AladainAF (Rexie Soulstar ingame) also has powers, but I could be wrong.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Jaen Mandar, ingame name for poster Nehrak. I think AladainAF (Rexie Soulstar ingame) also has powers, but I could be wrong.
Thanks. I couldn't remember Aladain's character name. I played a bit back when ARR first launched but school shit got in the way. I'll hit them up if I see them come online.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Strike that, just checked ingame. Alkorin and Jaen were the only names from here that I noticed having invite powers to the linkshell. Then a bunch of people who I have never seen on.