Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

joz123

Potato del Grande
Lame. Doing the free trial so I wanna play at least haha. Guess I'll just pick a different world for now.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Lame. Doing the free trial so I wanna play at least haha. Guess I'll just pick a different world for now.
Yeah there's probably a level restriction on transferring anyway. I don't know that for a fact, but I imagine there is.

Give it a whirl, if you enjoy it and really want to get on Gilg, the transfer is like 18 bucks or some shit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think the only requirement is to have finished the tutorial thing that you get put in when you first make a char(instanced city, you talk to a NPC, cutscene, and you end up in the real city).

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
How many (successful) ravana farm pfs are going usually on gilgamesh during the day? I'm so bored right now because the only shit ever on pf now is fates and Alex only takes an hour in total to finish each week.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
They're my favorite part of the game tbh. With the exception of Ramuh and Bismark, I like them more than almost all of the raids.
Couldn't agree with you more about the primals. I really like the music on Ramuh, but that was not my favorite fight.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got A1 Savage down to 1% tonight. Hopefully we kill it tomorrow or I'm going to rip my hair out.
What do your healers do for that fight? I just been in there once, just past second jump so far but generally messy. The tank buster and double prey happening so close to each other is such a pain.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
What do your healers do for that fight? I just been in there once, just past second jump so far but generally messy. The tank buster and double prey happening so close to each other is such a pain.
100%-Split: WHM solo heals, SCH DPSes.

Missiles - Adds: WHM heals tanks and hits everyone with Medica II right before adds pop up, SCH is healing and DPSing

Adds Spawn -> Resin Bombs -> Column AoEs: Healers are focusing on dodging and keeping tanks up. The pre-cast Medica II and fairy are keeping DPS up through add damage.

Gunnery Pods: SCH tosses Indom x2, WHM uses their AoE heals

Prey: WHM takes top target, SCH takes bottom target. They heal through about 75% of the ability then immediately start mitting the tanks.

Tank Buster: SCH does Adlo and gets ready for huge heals on the WAR, WHM usually just preps a Cure II

Column Attack -> Gunnery Pods: WHM is mostly solo healing, SCH is mostly DPSing

Cleave -> Jump: SCH pops out of Cleric Stance to Adlo for the cleave, then goes back in, WHM is still healing

Cathex_sl

shitlord
I'm truly sad I've hit the inevitable wall of boredom. It was a good run, however. Hopefully my interest rekindles soon. I sure know WoW won't fill my MMO needs.

misery_sl

shitlord
I'm truly sad I've hit the inevitable wall of boredom. It was a good run, however. Hopefully my interest rekindles soon. I sure know WoW won't fill my MMO needs.
I'm sitting here debating whether or not I should resub at the end of this cycle to login each day and do my dailies/eso to keep my gear current, or if I should just wait for another big patch/new game. It feels more and more like a chore with each passing day. The people I run into lately have all been completely devoid of any personality, and have little if any ability to detect humor and sarcasm. Maybe I really am getting too old for this shit.

Edit: Reading these negative reputation comments is hilarious. I have a feeling there are some very touchy and salty shitlords here. Also, yes, I will talk shit about this game if I want. No, I'm not sorry for rubbing your sore vagina wounds.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
If you're not having fun or have no goals left, quit the game. PVE centric MMOs are going to have a different ceiling for everyone. Come back to it after a major patch or whatever. I would not expect the next new moo to last any longer than a month. Maybe when VRMMOs hit the market, or AI created content is a thing.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
If you're not having fun or have no goals left, quit the game. PVE centric MMOs are going to have a different ceiling for everyone. Come back to it after a major patch or whatever. I would not expect the next new moo to last any longer than a month. Maybe when VRMMOs hit the market, or AI created content is a thing.
This. If it's not fun for you, just take off and play some other games until the next patch. Not many good MMOs on the market right now, but there's lots of other non-MMO games atm.

Saban_sl

shitlord
I played FF14 2.0 pretty steady for a couple months and then took a really long break and then got hooked on all the new content for like 6 months. I have a feeling im gonna be taking a break again soon but probably not nearly as long.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Finally cleared A1 Savage tonight. I kicked my old DRG and got a new one who does about 200 more DPS, and our main PLD had to miss tonight so we got a sub who was doing about 50 more DPS. We were able to easily clear enrage with that boost. Pics in the spoiler below.

1438932939934.jpg

1438933164255-0.jpg

1438933164255-1.jpg

1438933164255-2.jpg

Both the bosses died to LB which caught me buy surprise, so I wasn't able to get a pic of the moment they died.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So I'm curious how much DPS those DRGs are doing? 200 more dps is quite a large boost unless your original drg kinda sucked.

I still have mostly i170 and a i180 weapon and some i150 jewerly (i168 total atm) and on most fractal bosses I'm doing around 800 or so dps for the whole fight. I'd expect around 1,000 once a i200 weapon and armor but I don't know what to look forward to. I can do about 900 or so on a striking dummy.