Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
This Patch Maintenance is killing me.... >
frown.png
Anyone else getting this...? Would love to patch before tomorrow!

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
yeah same here, I actually bought the piece of dogshit that was suppose to be this game

kinda feel like after so many years im entitled to some god damn entertainment

kahilm_sl

shitlord
Got into the beta last weekend. Game is pretty dope. Feels like an old school FF title in a new school MMO world which is exactly what I want. Only got to 13 CNJ but looking forward to doing that first dungeon this weekend.

Definitely lots of potential here and it's clearly 100 times better than 1.0 was in beta.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Only 100 times? That doesn't seem good enough. That was truly the worst gaming experience I've ever had in an MMORPG. From the videos I've seen, it looks a million times better.

kahilm_sl

shitlord
Only 100 times? That doesn't seem good enough. That was truly the worst gaming experience I've ever had in an MMORPG. From the videos I've seen, it looks a million times better.
Yeah you're right. It's infinitely better than 1.0 just because you probably can't make a worse MMO than that. But it's also not anything revolutionary so far - it's just a fun FF MMO.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
The game is pretty awesome. I'm just worried that they'll find some way to botch end game. Nothing to really back up the statement other than past practice.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I betaed 1.0 and played FF11 decently so has any of the following things changed for 14-R?

(FF11)That god awful pause when you take out, or put away your weapon. It would stop you runing EVERYTIME it did it and it drove me batshit.

(Both)The chat system from 1995. Tabs, filtering, size adjustment in?

(FF14) The UI lag. Click menu, wait litterally 5-10 seconds, click bag, wait another 5-10 seconds, etc.

(FF14) No mail system. Really SE, REALLY?

(Both)Better keyboard/mouse controls or am I still "forced" to use my 360 controller.

(I think Both but maybe just 11) Long EQ1 like down times between kills to regen.

(FF11)Average time to get a PUG together, at the same spot, and actually killing under 2 hours? Probably fixed in 14 but since I never made it past day 1, I never found out.

kahilm_sl

shitlord
I betaed 1.0 and played FF11 decently so has any of the following things changed for 14-R?

(FF11)That god awful pause when you take out, or put away your weapon. It would stop you runing EVERYTIME it did it and it drove me batshit.
Pretty sure that's gone. I don't think I experienced it.

(Both)The chat system from 1995. Tabs, filtering, size adjustment in?
This stuff is all in, I believe.

(FF14) The UI lag. Click menu, wait litterally 5-10 seconds, click bag, wait another 5-10 seconds, etc.
UI lag is all gone. It's the best.

(FF14) No mail system. Really SE, REALLY?
Moogle mail is in.

(Both)Better keyboard/mouse controls or am I still "forced" to use my 360 controller.
Played all weekend on keyboard/mouse. It's the usual MMO mouse/keyboard setup now, although they do have controller support.

(I think Both but maybe just 11) Long EQ1 like down times between kills to regen.
At least at lower levels, I had almost 0 downtime. Mana/health regens almost too fast, IMO. Probably gets harder at higher levels.

(FF11)Average time to get a PUG together, at the same spot, and actually killing under 2 hours? Probably fixed in 14 but since I never made it past day 1, I never found out.
Can't really say about this, haven't had to group yet. I think you'll be able to solo to max level, though. And I think there's supposed to be some sort of dungeon finder put in later on? Not sure about that.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
man that music brings me back...

edit:

Played all weekend on keyboard/mouse. It's the usual MMO mouse/keyboard setup now, although they do have controller support.
Eh, it works well with a keyboard, but you can still tell there are some decisions made on the dialogue box interaction that the game is focused on a gamepad.

kahilm_sl

shitlord
man that music brings me back...

edit:

Eh, it works well with a keyboard, but you can still tell there are some decisions made on the dialogue box interaction that the game is focused on a gamepad.
Not sure I know what you mean.

One thing I will say - I've been itching to play all week. They definitely got their hooks in me. Really hyped up for release now.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Since we're cumming all over the NDA now, anyone wanna give me the rundown on any glad changes?
Are they even in yet? I haven't bothered with it since 1.0 and p1 because it was lancer, ranger, and conjurer. I know I'm going to buy it on PS3 (already own it on PC) but until they let us get our hands on more than 3 classes (and a sub @ 10) I haven't been able to bother logging in.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Are they even in yet? I haven't bothered with it since 1.0 and p1 because it was lancer, ranger, and conjurer. I know I'm going to buy it on PS3 (already own it on PC) but until they let us get our hands on more than 3 classes (and a sub @ 10) I haven't been able to bother logging in.
That was all in at the initial phase 1... (3 classes, another as a sub at 10 with a quest requirement, and economy jobs).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They may or may not have put in gladiator that you may or may not unlock at a certain level whilst not talking to a bard in town

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm really starting to hate these weekend beta tests games are doing now. There's no reason to play phase 1 or 2 if you were in alpha, one starting area and three classes isn't enough.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
I'm really starting to hate these weekend beta tests games are doing now. There's no reason to play phase 1 or 2 if you were in alpha, one starting area and three classes isn't enough.
Exactly. I was in all of them. Wake me when phase 3 rolls around.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Got in to this weekend's beta. The launcher died on me mid-update, and it won't continue to update now, just sits at the same place forever. I see you brought your A games, SqEnix!

PlayOnline was better than this shit.