Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Brought to you by us conspiring in the linkshell I remade for you Gilgamesh (or soon-to-be Gilgamesh) scrubs. (PS send tells if you want invited in there~)

And if the name doesn't make sense to you, you can't be a red mage or samurai.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You have to redo that entire conversation now and take into account jump potions only skip up to 60, they do still have to grind out 70 and Stormblood MSQ

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
pretty sure he means the AHK script to keep mashing you through the login queue/error messages

This man is correct.

And yes I assumed his gender.

At original re-release, getting into the game was basically a crapshoot (at least on Gilg) because it would queue you and then randomly drop you back several hundred places in the queue, if not outright kicking you from it. It was determined that it was doing that to -everyone-, so setting up the AHK script would mash the login and char select buttons and then confirm, so that it was constantly trying to log you in and after a bit you'd get lucky and avoid being in some random ass 2-6 hour queue.

This also happened (to a lesser extent) at HW release, and also because everyone and their mom was trying to log into Gilg.

I'm fairly certain I never logged out of FFXIV unless the servers came down during HW after I initially got in. Won't be the case with SB for me, however. Laptop when I'm out and about and then desktop when I'm not doing field work for... work.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
You have to redo that entire conversation now and take into account jump potions only skip up to 60, they do still have to grind out 70 and Stormblood MSQ
Eh, typos happen. Besides, it had the desired effect either way.

The real question is how many people are going to try and bot their way to 60+.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well maybe some people will skip but I won't, it wouldn't feel right skipping everything. I don't agree with locking people out but I also don't agree with spending money on a skip.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I always had fun leveling up, I thought the dungeons were well done. I don't know why people would skip either. Progression to end game in an MMO is just as important as the end game itself.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Mog Station let me add my Early Access code, but gives me an invalid error when I try to add the Stormblood: Standard Edition CD key. Brother says he's getting the same thing. I guess I just need to wait until later to enter the key?

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Mog Station let me add my Early Access code, but gives me an invalid error when I try to add the Stormblood: Standard Edition CD key. Brother says he's getting the same thing. I guess I just need to wait until later to enter the key?

Won't be able to update the account to the Standard or Collectors edition until the early access phase is over, kind of an odd way of doing it but its Square Enix. Most people haven't received their codes for digital copies yet. Just make sure your account has access to the preorder requirement for stormblood via mogstation.

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
so im on gilga but thinking of transfering so i dont get bombed with queue. Where should i go? Medium/semi hard core healer.

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
Some new information leaking from E3. Can not confirm these are true, but they seem to be fairly believable. In particular the death penalty makes sense with removal of Stoneskin and the fate experience buff was mentioned in some of the presser videos. The level sync one is pretty awesome if true.

s.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/307625437264216064/323185578189520906/d5ef989.png

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
That carbonized matter one is a no-brainer, as the carbonized matter has never been the holdup on melding. The VIs being one per is nice as well.

The being able to use any ability at any sync'd level is really nice, but kind of defeats the purpose of auto-syncing some of the spells, like Stone. There's no point in auto-changing Stone 4 to stone 1 when doing sastasha if you can just use a sync'd stone 4. It'd be cool though for everything else.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I always had fun leveling up, I thought the dungeons were well done. I don't know why people would skip either. Progression to end game in an MMO is just as important as the end game itself.
Yeah I'm not even looking at endgame, just something to play and have fun with. Wow is a superior endgame experience to me

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That carbonized matter one is a no-brainer, as the carbonized matter has never been the holdup on melding. The VIs being one per is nice as well.

The being able to use any ability at any sync'd level is really nice, but kind of defeats the purpose of auto-syncing some of the spells, like Stone. There's no point in auto-changing Stone 4 to stone 1 when doing sastasha if you can just use a sync'd stone 4. It'd be cool though for everything else.
I think it's more like getting shield oath then it is about stone.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh no, I get that, but they definitely mentioned spells auto-scaling so that Stone 4 would be Stone 1 when used in a low level dungeon, etc. If you can use any ability, then that doesn't make any sense for them to auto-scale the spell back, unless it was a bunch of mistranslation from the first live letter.

It's the one thing on both those leaked lists that strikes me as odd. Awesome, but directly calls into question another thing they said earlier.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I could see them still scaling abilities back with prior levels, simply because 150 potency vs the 220 potency of a higher rank would still decimate dungeons even without unsyncing. Leveling and trial roulettes with max abilities means they might tone down the rewards for how easy they are going to be.