Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Anyone beat Zenos Yae Gavon yet ? MSQ quest 'In Crimson it Began'. lvl 70 boss you have to solo. He keeps spawning spears etc that do AE. Do you have to get him to stand in AE or do you have to do enough dmg to kill him ?

nm Google Fu failed me :

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Since it was stuck on MSQ, I decided to try and get the Red Mage. Very fun class to play, interesting mechanics. The quest instance for it worked without a problem, guess it's just MSQ instance that's not working.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Someone already hit 70 Botanist after being stuck on the MSQ. People that have never PVPed are queueing to level. POTD being spammed even more. Aether is crashing instances and logins every 5 minutes.

Acidbather

Trakanon Raider
Do you actually get PVE xp for doing PVP? I would love to level up a SAM but I can only take so much POTD before getting burned out.

Archdruid Archeron

the Site Surgeon
<Granularity Engineer>
Really like the level 50-52 play style on samurai, and will like it more once I have the full mobility skills. Skill chains seem more fun than dragoon so samurai might replace dragoon as my alt. My Scholar still hasn't finished 3.x MSQ so no new zones for me for a while.

Smooth ish launch considering how hammered the servers are getting. And really the player population numbers are a good sign for the game's popularity and longevity.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Do you actually get PVE xp for doing PVP? I would love to level up a SAM but I can only take so much POTD before getting burned out.
Yeah it's new, it's very good xp at 60+ but not sure it's so good before that the scaling seems way different than potd. Supposedly only 180k or whatever at lvl 50, while it gives 600+k at 60. So potd is a lot better up to 60 it seems.

Gonna go take a nap, can't do anything atm. Potd/frontlines just constantly disconnect me which is really annoying(queues aren't that bad on the server I'm on but getting worse over time) and MSQ is well in a shit state. And fuck doing FATEs, with how long they take to clear it's actually pretty terrible xp.

Would have been nice if they allowed people to server transfer off the congested servers BEFORE the launch. Instead they closed server transfers because of the server load, which means it's not getting any better.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Story quality of sb compared to hw? I haven't bought yet but if the story continues to get better I may. The original game story was painfully bland but hw was pretty decent (and one of best by mmo standards )

Acidbather

Trakanon Raider
Well im at 51 sam right now and just finished a potd and got 453600(+100%) xp so thats pretty damn high. Gonna try a pvp match and see if its comparable but i highly doubt it.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Kogane Housing area looks great.

ffxivsbhousing1.jpg

ffxivsbhousing2.jpg

View from near the entrance/dock

ffxivsbhousing3.jpg

View from lot 30 (most expensive)

ffxivsbhousing30.jpg

Malakriss

I think there's 2 or 3 people tops who got through the MSQ in my FC, they posted another "deepest apologizes" notice with no solution, simply wait til later and pray.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I took a break about 4 hours ago. People were actually in line on my server, patiently waiting their turn to step up and queue for the MSQ duty. I don't know if it actually worked or not, I did fates for a bit before I took a nap. Just got back on, and the problem is still there, but the line of people is not.

Malakriss

Lines stopped after the first server crashes reset everything. Now we're back to spamming and instance server crashes every 10 minutes.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well im at 51 sam right now and just finished a potd and got 453600(+100%) xp so thats pretty damn high. Gonna try a pvp match and see if its comparable but i highly doubt it.
Probably not as I said the xp curve is weird on these. Potd gives 400k+ even at lvl 40 which is ridiculous xp, but it doesn't increase all that much per level. Meanwhile Frontlines seem to give like 10-15% xp, which is a lot lower value at lower levels due to xp scaling, but gets better as you get higher levels. I mean I don't know but potd gives less xp than frontlines at 60-62, and seems to take about the same amount of time(maybe if you have like a solid grp with high aether and a bard for movespeed potd is better but in duty it tends to be slower especially since once in a while you get the retard who insists on opening every gold chest and kill useless shit on the way).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah seems they managed to kinda fix it. It's not perfect, lots of ppl DCing instead of getting in, but a lot of people got in too, I can actually see the NPC now, just need to manage to reconnect and shit.

Edit: Reconnect after queue, DC while loading and requeue. Zzzz.

Last edited: