Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Someone posted the full front/back Viera hairstyles (highlights included). The longer ones are definitely better.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Twitch chat was funny during the stream. Whenever they did closeups of yoshi’s lala in the dancer outfit, people would spam stuff like “open up FBI”
In the beginning people were saying yoshi was dating that translator. He did not look amused.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
How's the raiding scene (party finder) not static on either Aether or Primal? Crystal PF is a ghost town and overall the raiding scene is abyssmal here. The raiders can't seem to do simple mechanics and the raids fall apart so damn quickly after a few wipes. I'm looking to move to either one and at least start raiding casually via party finder.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
yaqqskpek8031.png

khorum

Murder Apologist
How's the raiding scene (party finder) not static on either Aether or Primal? Crystal PF is a ghost town and overall the raiding scene is abyssmal here. The raiders can't seem to do simple mechanics and the raids fall apart so damn quickly after a few wipes. I'm looking to move to either one and at least start raiding casually via party finder.

The Aethyr BA discord is still pretty active. They still have morning, noon and a couple primetime pickup raids usually. Since most picky people would sign up for scheduled raids, I'd say there's another 2/3 full runs a day.

As for non-BA stuff on the PF, I still see some practice runs for o10s-12s and seiryu around primetime, but mostly the weekends so there's still people learning stuff up. And mount farms pretty much up all the time.

Last edited:

Lowball

Trakanon Raider
I forget how catching up to be expansion-ready works in this game. I seem to remember a vendor that sold high level white items when the new expac releases? But will I still have to go back and do a bunch of MSQ from SB in those whites? If I have to work through it which gearing path should I take to get through the MSQ?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I forget how catching up to be expansion-ready works in this game. I seem to remember a vendor that sold high level white items when the new expac releases? But will I still have to go back and do a bunch of MSQ from SB in those whites? If I have to work through it which gearing path should I take to get through the MSQ?
The new vendors will sell normal quality entry-level ilvl gear, but generally they're only available in the new areas. This was the case for Ishgard and Castrum Oriens, iirc.

You'll still have to finish the MSQ (or jump potion through it at 5.0's release?) to get caught up and gain access to the Shadowbringers areas.

Cybsled

Augmented tome armor will last you close to cap if they have gear scaling similar to prior expacs

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Augmented tome armor will last you close to cap if they have gear scaling similar to prior expacs

I'd make a point that if you're planning on playing a tank, you'll likely have to upgrade sooner, most likely at around 75 in Shadowbringers (Previously it was at 55-57 in HW before the Aery or Vault depending on quality of gear, and 65 in SB before Bardam's Mettle).

This is because stat wise the high level tome gear is fine, but it has a really bad armor value compared to gear at a similar level.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'd make a point that if you're planning on playing a tank, you'll likely have to upgrade sooner, most likely at around 75 in Shadowbringers (Previously it was at 55-57 in HW before the Aery or Vault depending on quality of gear, and 65 in SB before Bardam's Mettle).

This is because stat wise the high level tome gear is fine, but it has a really bad armor value compared to gear at a similar level.
While it wasn't great, if you didn't go crazy on the pulls, used cooldowns, stayed in tank stance(which there's 0 reason not to anymore in 5.0) and had a semi competent healer, you could kinda do the same as everyone else and just upgrade whatever dropped.

If you play tank as first char through the MSQ though, you'll be given white HQ gear as quest rewards anyway, so you just equip that(and not be a cheap fuck trying to sell it for a profit). If you play it as a second char, the amount of dungeon runs you do should be no issue with the guaranteed drops to replace most of the scaevan stuff by the time it starts sucking anyway.

Overall, you don't really have to go out of your way to upgrade your gear other than choosing purposefully not to equip the gear you're given in the MSQ which sounds retarded. Don't even have to use all the HQ gear, you can skip the first 2 tiers and get the 75 stuff.

Bardam was pretty bad during SB launch more because of other issues. Lots of tanks who thought they were pro shit running str accessories and having less hp than everyone else as a result(like literally, retard tanks with 21k hp running str accs with crit materias and UNAUGMENTED armor when everyone else had 25k hp), not upgrading their armor with the free shit and just being shit tanks in general, either trying to pull 3 packs even though they were like 20secs from each other, without using sprint because these cunts were fucking retarded, and then not using any cooldowns until they dropped to 5% hp. Combine with Bardam trash being a fairly large step up in the damage department(motherfucking bears hit hard, even with good gear) or having annoying shit like the face tablet guys shooting beams at the healer constantly forcing you to move, which made spam healing harder. But I also had no issue healing the good tanks even with full Shire, and myself tanking some Bardam with nearly full Shire on the first couple of runs on my first tank leveling(granted it was PLD, aka I have cooldowns for when my cooldowns are down).

• 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Back playing after a month hiatus. Only 57 but should be 58 tonight. Can I start SB at 58? Is that recommended? I'll be just focusing on story quest where I can

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Back playing after a month hiatus. Only 57 but should be 58 tonight. Can I start SB at 58? Is that recommended? I'll be just focusing on story quest where I can
You can't start SB before 60. Also you need to have finished Heavensward, unless you storyskipped, but regardless you need 60.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
It's really shitty that people that went to the media tour are under embargo until the 29.

I get having them shut up until the Live Letter, but there is no reason for waiting now that's it been aired and the job trailer and benchmark are released.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's really shitty that people that went to the media tour are under embargo until the 29.

I get having them shut up until the Live Letter, but there is no reason for waiting now that's it been aired and the job trailer and benchmark are released.
I think I read they haven't done the press tour in Japan yet, just EU last week and NA this week. Plus they need to leave some time for people to create stuff, they were doing the NA tour right before the live letter so giving them a week to make videos and what not sounds normal.

Does suck since it'd be nice to know more already but eh, one month to go anyway.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I think I read they haven't done the press tour in Japan yet, just EU last week and NA this week. Plus they need to leave some time for people to create stuff, they were doing the NA tour right before the live letter so giving them a week to make videos and what not sounds normal.

Does suck since it'd be nice to know more already but eh, one month to go anyway.
Mr. Happy said he's gonna drop tons of informational videos for every job at 6am on Wednesday. I'm guessing he's gonna be making videos until then and upload on them Wednesday. Hopefully we'll see an updated job at the official SE site too.

Also since main stat materia is going away what should I do with them? I have a fuck ton of them and the MB is flooded with them at low prices. Is there a vendor I can trade them to for other items or just vendor them completely?

• 1Like