Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Sargas

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'm on Aether (Primal = gross) - if the CWLS is active I definitely wouldnt mind hopping in there. The game has been pretty fun since coming back. I've been going down the laundry list of getting 80s finished off. Anyone here actually try out the Savage fights yet and able to speak to their difficulty? I dont think I've actually done any 'raiding' in this game since... First coil or something.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I'm on Aether (Primal = gross) - if the CWLS is active I definitely wouldnt mind hopping in there. The game has been pretty fun since coming back. I've been going down the laundry list of getting 80s finished off. Anyone here actually try out the Savage fights yet and able to speak to their difficulty? I dont think I've actually done any 'raiding' in this game since... First coil or something.

They’ve seem to’ve settled into a pattern where the first two savage fights are slightly harder than extreme primals but still doable in pf in first week.but expect several hours of pf fails before you get in a good group that sticks together long enough and clears it, especially the second eden savage. For Eden 3 and 4 savage I don’t expect pfs to clear much this week until people have more tomestone gear/higher ilvl. It’s been pretty predictable like this for years now, I think they sorta balance around it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Mechanically the Savage fights are not any harder than previous tiers, but they do have tighter dps checks. E2s will be tough for most pf groups to clear first week. It requires a little over 71k rDPS, Titan the final fight requires around 75k. I feel like they put the tighter dps checks on the bosses because there is no door boss. Titan is not killable without full pentamelded crafted gear right now. For week one numbers so far, E1s 790 clears, E2s 303, E3s 172, E4s 61.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
The new monk changes I'm loving,

Savage is basically a upgraded normal, but as Fennin said has tighter DPS checks, we got Titan down too bout 20% tonight before having too call it a night, I'm still waiting for him to go Vroom vroom everytime he drives around the stage.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Jaen owns the official FoH CWLS on Aether. dvoraen dvoraen

For some reason I don't have invite permission. 🤔
TRIAL. BASIS. First ERP hussy you invite to it and start cybering there, and I'm revoking your man card!

To everyone else ( Merrith Merrith S Sargas Nola Nola ): I need to know who you are and what server! Chances are we will have to resort to PF shenanigans because cross-server invites are a bit awkward if you're not in the Social > Contacts list.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
You have to have gathering classes leveled, retainer can't level higher in a class than you are in that class
I have all gatherers at 80. I was able to turn my second retainer into a BTN, so I p[robably just did something wrong with the first one.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can someone give me the low down on "Chance" ?? Im at 9/9 apparently and have no idea what Im suppose to be doing with it. .. well, "Should" be doing with it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Can someone give me the low down on "Chance" ?? Im at 9/9 apparently and have no idea what Im suppose to be doing with it. .. well, "Should" be doing with it.
First you need to be 60+ and have access to Idylshire. Go talk to Khloe, she's outside the poetics vendor building, across the Hard Place bar thing. Talk to her to receive the Wondrous Tails book, which is a weekly book that you fill by completing certain duties noted in the book(open via the Key Items inventory). You can use chances to shuffle the marks to get better rewards, or to retry an activity if you don't want to do others(for example resetting the 80 one to do expert and get another mark). Once you're at 9 marks, turn in for rewards. I believe you have to have done the quest to accumulate chances, but if you didn't, the quest is somewhere in ildylshire, named like "Keeping up with the Aliapohs" or whatever. Although that might be the custom delivery one.

Not sure if you had a 80 but if you do, take the book on that. The higher you are, the better the rewards(or well more current).

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I really need to improve my dps. Feel like fundamentally doing something wrong. E1s is a lot of movement so some can be forgiven, but otherwise yikes. Think I just need to beat on a dummy for an hour to get muscle memory

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Do they still have the Earth wind and sky thing for testing your capability to do extremes and savages? I remember doin one for Susano before fighting him.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Do they still have the Earth wind and sky thing for testing your capability to do extremes and savages? I remember doin one for Susano before fighting him.
Yeah but the tuning on these is always kinda shitty, either they're too easy or too hard at the intended gear lvl, it's weird. If you're on PC hitting a normal dummy with ACT is just a lot better to improve overall.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Does the stone sea sky stuff simulate actual boss mechanics? I’ve never actually used the place.
No it's literally just a big hp dummy that simulate the DPS you need in theory to beat the enrage on the boss, but it's balanced like fucking garbage. If it has mechanics it'd be really useful since that's be much better practice than hitting a dummy, but nope.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Would be cool if they had something that would use RNG for telegraphs with levels that get harder and harder. Maybe the first handful of levels it just pulls random telegraphs from current fights. Then as you progress, the computer starts to randomly pick chunks of each telegraph from different bosses. Meanwhile you have to keep up with a minimum dps. I think it would sort of end up being on twitch for the nutty people. Something akin to watching those Super Mario 1 players that have the edited level to an insane difficulty. But even then, thats choreographed. Something like that.. that would be something I would practice on.