Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seriously.. I logged in and logged back out. I don't fucking get it..Fuck the stupid cut scenes

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
After playing this for a few weekends now I have to say my excitement levels are dropping off considerably for live.

Not seeing anything new here and the charm that carried me through the slog in 11 seems completely absent from 14.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I was going to delete my level 7 archer and just make a MRD, but I forgot about the cutscenes, fuck that. I'll just grind it to 10 and switch.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh I do.. I believe I even played Vanguard with him for awhile (I was a Raki Paladin in too much brown). I was just curious if he was an expert on all games, or just by chance every thread I visit and has the exact same taste as me.
I play a lot of games I guess but not everything, I have 0 posts in quite a few threads in other games because I don't play them. The ones I play I do try to learn mechanics, follow the news and stuff like that. And I remember a Raki Paladin but don't know if we played at the same time since Too Much Brown was probably remade a few times like it was on EQ2.

yea but you'd think a white mage in AF gear would know how to not die on fucking aiatar, one of the easiest bosses in the game

the monk sucked too
Well technically legacy FFXIV is nothing like the current one. Look up a youtube video of the original, like Ifrit Extreme kill, shit's like super super slow paced kinda like FFXI and there's very little movement involved, even the shitty ifrit we get for the quest at 20 is harder.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I play a lot of games I guess but not everything, I have 0 posts in quite a few threads in other games because I don't play them. The ones I play I do try to learn mechanics, follow the news and stuff like that. And I remember a Raki Paladin but don't know if we played at the same time since Too Much Brown was probably remade a few times like it was on EQ2.

Well technically legacy FFXIV is nothing like the current one. Look up a youtube video of the original, like Ifrit Extreme kill, shit's like super super slow paced kinda like FFXI and there's very little movement involved, even the shitty ifrit we get for the quest at 20 is harder.
I think we did, but maybe I'm remembering it wrong. Were you a psionicist or bard or something? I was Kishinn some little Raki retarded looking paladin.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think we did, but maybe I'm remembering it wrong. Were you a psionicist or bard or something? I was Kishinn some little Raki retarded looking paladin.
Yeah we played together then, probably when I was Psi, I had a Disciple and a Bard too but I think that was before FoH guild stuff(bard was on pvp server).

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Ok so someone help me out here. I must be getting old.

Logged in, made my character (Utnayan Nayantu) and tried to give a few folks some tells to get into the Linkshell. Now I cannot stop typing. I hit escape, I have tried everything. I want to use my WASD keys to move, and am stuck typing whenever I want to do that.

How the hell do I find people? Why can't I hit the escape key when not typing a message to use my WASD keys to move again?

Stave

Potato del Grande
Ok so someone help me out here. I must be getting old.

Logged in, made my character (Utnayan Nayantu) and tried to give a few folks some tells to get into the Linkshell. Now I cannot stop typing. I hit escape, I have tried everything. I want to use my WASD keys to move, and am stuck typing whenever I want to do that.

How the hell do I find people? Why can't I hit the escape key when not typing a message to use my WASD keys to move again?
Try backspacing the text or finishing your message and pressing enter? That should end your chat message. That or try relogging? I never had this problem before or heard anyone else say anything about it.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Try backspacing the text or finishing your message and pressing enter? That should end your chat message. That or try relogging? I never had this problem before or heard anyone else say anything about it.
Tried everything. I have to run to the store quick so maybe exiting the game and not playing will help. Kinda retarded. Does it have something to do with an Xbox Controller plugged in even though I am not using it and have the game set to Keyboard/Mouse?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You either enabled direct chat or you switched to controller mode. Hit escape and go to character settings
That was it! I enabled direct chat. I love you.

Who is on to invite to the guild? I'll be back in half an hour
smile.png

PS: Holy awesome world graphics... I am impressed.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
If you want a guild invite, best thing you can do is log into the Rerolled IRC channel and let someone know. Taking it easy this weekend since I've done everything except grind crafting to 25+

Fogia_sl

shitlord
I was going to delete my level 7 archer and just make a MRD, but I forgot about the cutscenes, fuck that. I'll just grind it to 10 and switch.
I don't think that will work since you need to travel to a different city to unlock MRD and city travel requires main story lvl15 quest completion iirc.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Level 15 is pretty trivial to get (well, 16 I guess) as long as you have a high potion or two and a couple of antidotes (just do quests in the area, you'll get antidotes easily enough) for the last fight or be a cnj, you'll be fine. Don't be afraid to sprint away a bit to pop a potion and give you time, especially if you have something that does +heavy to a mob. Otherwise, it takes a few hours to get to the level where you can change to whatever.

So after messing around with the duty finder today: Dungeons it works similar to just wandering near and grabbing 4 applicable people. I mean I play a healer so my queues are basically non-existent anyway, but just standing near a gatekeeper guy is enough to get me an invite or find people to invite most the time.

However, with the guildleves? That shit is awesome. No more shouting for people to stop what they are doing to unlock shit. Just pop in and people who are doing those things are ready to do them. Soooo much nicer, even if it is cross server. I -hate- shouting spam for shit I don't care about, and hate shouting for it even more when I know 90% of the people don't care about it. If the only functionality was for guildleves, it would still be amazing. As it is, it is a very serviceable and fast LFD tool and surprisingly issue free, thus far.