Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Thats some fucked up times there. So they have regional servers, but the times they open up are based on Jap time? WTF?

Myst

Peasant
Update:

Contacted *the* support line number from SE account page (1 of 2). Waited on hold for an hour. Asshole answered, "Oh, you need to call Europe. I don't have access to change anything but NA accounts."

Are you fucking serious?
Yep. Had to go through the same process. I really suggest you use their "Live chat" service, i find their support team on that end is a lot more competent. The wait time can be a bit long, but i tend to leave the browser open and come back in an hour or so.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thats some fucked up times there. So they have regional servers, but the times they open up are based on Jap time? WTF?
The part I can't figure out is why they'd start it at 6pm in Japan? Seems like earlier would be better for them, no? Like, the morning or noon. Seems like they kind of get screwed in this situation since they're wasting an entire day.

I wish they'd start in the morning Japan time so I could play Friday.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Man, all I get is the email support option.

Where is the live chat link hidden?

Edit: God damn I hate dealing with these fuckers. (It's currently almost 11am PST)

"SQUARE ENIX Online Support" Operation Hours: Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Pacific Time)
Chat service is currently unavailable.

Please try again during business hours.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
5am for me is perfect if the servers work this time. Lets us put a whole day in before we have to pull an all nighter =)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sucks for me on the west coast. I'm not getting up at fucking 2am to play. I may get up by around 6, hopefully no queue's at that point.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
AA: Since you were able to cancel the pre-order, wouldn't you just be able to grab it again with the proper geographic location and solve the problem?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Does anyone have a guide on how to best level once your quests are all used up, and you want to level those arch classes?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
FATEs, chain groups, hunting logs, dungeons. Really, leveling is super easy in the game.
For every competent gamer that visits message boards there are 100 more keyboard turners and mouse clicking hotkeyers out there. Super easy for us.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Glare I assume is when you look at the sun, and possibly controls the sunshafts through trees, etc. (which look really nice) as well. I doubt it has any significant performance cost at all, but I haven't messed with it.

SSAO is a way to calculate lighting so that ambient light doesn't brighten areas that should be shaded. Without it, shadows do not look natural. It's a fairly heavy computation, done entirely on the GPU, but weak looks good and shouldn't hurt performance too much.

My settings:
settings.png
Played around with the Benchmark some more. Difference between Normal and Low Glare for me is 100 points, Normal and Off is 300 points.

Normal to High Grass is 50 points. Normal to High Reflections is 15 points.