Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Holy fuck, I went to pre-order last night, but couldn't find the site before I went to bed. Collector's Edition already sold out. :( Hopefully some more will pop up.

Cybsled

I tried going on their site last night. It queued me like 7k deep, then none of the products would even load. I checked hours later and the actual CE game stuff was gone.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not surprised in the least, given how many threw money at Lunar Whales and formed whale walls across the game.

Aazrael

So how do I join a bozjan castrum group? It popped earlier when I was rank 9 so could not join up. Now I'm rank 10 and its either over or they failed. Will it pop again today?

edit: it just popped, will probably die a lot...

Last edited:

Merrith

So how do I join a bozjan castrum group? It popped earlier when I was rank 9 so could not join up. Now I'm rank 10 and its either over or they failed. Will it pop again today?

edit: it just popped, will probably die a lot...

I forget the exact times, but it'll pop X minutes after an instance is opened, and then every X minutes after that until that instance finally closes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

I forget the exact times, but it'll pop X minutes after an instance is opened, and then every X minutes after that until that instance finally closes.
Whats the fastest method for the last fragment farming? Alliance raids?

Aazrael

Get 23 BLU friends and farm Tower.
I have no friends and no BLU :sadface.

On another note, I think I will drop the Dancer and go Reaper if it plays okay, I'm too old for complicated rotation and shit most classes have. The dancer feels easy mode and hopefully reaper will be too! I played DRK in early FFXI and want my Scythe back!

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My hope is reaper is similar to DRG but plays faster. Or a melee summoner.

Anyone have a TLDR for the fanfest?

Aazrael

Well my relic weapon quest ended just now. I'm just not invested enough to warrant doing 36 alliance raids then 15 of that god awful dungeon you lose mettle in. And grinding PoTD is a bit boring. My MMO grinding days are long over, will just wrap up the MSQ for now then probably paus the sub.

Daidraco

Well my relic weapon quest ended just now. I'm just not invested enough to warrant doing 36 alliance raids then 15 of that god awful dungeon you lose mettle in. And grinding PoTD is a bit boring. My MMO grinding days are long over, will just wrap up the MSQ for now then probably paus the sub.
This is the way.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Malakriss

Sub for a month once next patch drops mid-June (based on moogle timing) then take a break until it's closer to xpac if you don't want to burnout.

• 1Like

Cybsled

My hope is reaper is similar to DRG but plays faster. Or a melee summoner.

Anyone have a TLDR for the fanfest?

Reaper has a feature where they become an avatar for a void creature, so I assume that will be their resource meter ability. Otherwise just melee attacks. They didn’t dive too deep and they also didn’t preview other new class abilities, so I assume that is all still being worked on

• 1Like

Aazrael

You can't level new jobs before expansion launch right? Don't remember how it was in previous expansions.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
There was sooo much bitching on the stream about the phys ce stuff. Store completely melted down and then sold out instantly.
It was on so late last night, I had to go to bed

Also, fucking LOL at the La Hee part
Holy shit thats amazing

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They're likely going to nerf that step either next patch or one a bit after. It's a long ass step though, not nearly as bad as some of the previous relic grinds but by far the grindiest of the current relic. The 36 alliance raid is one time only(you can make additional relics without doing it), but that doesn't help if you were going for just one relic.

• 1Like