Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's no way they get rid of Graha'Tia after all the ShB stuff, but I could see them setting away the elvaan twins and having them more or less retire, though maybe Allisaie will continue on as a full "adult" version and not just the angsty teenager we've seen for years now.
I think Y'shtola is done, even if she's a fan favorite, and likely Urianger. I -hope- Thancred isn't, because he's my favorite of the scions by far. Estinien is probably the most liked character ever, so he's going nowhere.

Though really, I like all the characters to some degree, even Alphinaud. He was -way- more annoying prior to the last two xpacs. I'm glad they've more or less retired (well, at least as of SB) the city generals; they felt considerably less interesting than the Scions in general.

I wouldn't be sad though if there was a full new cast and that the others are just busy with "other" things and only make the occasional appearance. The Crystal Exarch proved that you can basically introduce a character from scratch (sans reveal) and as long as it's a cool character with good dialogue, people will like it.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We all know Raubann and Nanamo or w/e were fking. That was kind of interesting in a sick fked up way.

Malkav

French Madman
From a recent interview, after talking about the fun the devs had playing into certain memes during FanFest (like the Twinnings theme choreography).

Yoshida says the performance was a showcase of the team’s philosophy behind everything they do.

“We love seeing the players getting happy and excited. The smiles on your faces are what we love to see,” he says. “We feel that the players are our friends and our allies that we kind of build this game together with. So, whenever there is some kind of idea to do something that’s fun or exciting… And that’s not just for Fan Festival, but with any game content. So I don’t think it’s a matter of which meme we want to pick. I think it’s more about, is it fun or not? Does it make people enjoy it or not? If we do decide to do it, then we’ll do it with full force and we’ll give it our all. So we might not know what the next thing is going to be. Foxclon might be practicing backflips, you know.”

I think that sums it up pretty well, and is in stark contrat with the current WoW devs philosophy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
From a recent interview, after talking about the fun the devs had playing into certain memes during FanFest (like the Twinnings theme choreography).

I think that sums it up pretty well, and is in stark contrat with the current WoW devs philosophy.
WoW devs are 90% woke and/or diversity hires at this point.

Barraind

Trakanon Raider
Then we get too meet the twins Dad in Endwalker ... o joy he seems like an ass on a whole other level.

Not sure what you'd expect given who his family is. He's directly tied to Old Man Flareface, Little Miss DONTTOUCHTHATOMGWHY, and The tiny tactician who couldnt.

His major character trait is thinking people trying to stop the world from burning are stupid.

Our major character trait is being the one person seemingly capable of stopping the world from burning.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Call me nuts, but Bozja overall story I think we better than Eureka's.

This has more to do with the fact of how developed 12's story actually was .... I really wish we could get the real version of 12's story instead of that hack job they gave us with Vaan ..

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Oh my god, the Stormblood patch MSQ is rough.

A lot of teleporting between continents to have one scene then teleport away. Don't even know if I'm done with it, just did the big battle dungeon.

The Ala Migo story is cringe shit, who is enjoying this? Fucking city leaders taking turns talking and they keep multiplying every expansion so there's even more of them to bitch and moan. I wish the Emperor just fucking beheaded them all right there.

Please tell me there's less of this in Shadowbringers given it's another world?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Oh my god, the Stormblood patch MSQ is rough.

A lot of teleporting between continents to have one scene then teleport away. Don't even know if I'm done with it, just did the big battle dungeon.

The Ala Migo story is cringe shit, who is enjoying this? Fucking city leaders taking turns talking and they keep multiplying every expansion so there's even more of them to bitch and moan. I wish the Emperor just fucking beheaded them all right there.

Please tell me there's less of this in Shadowbringers given it's another world?

There's less of it in Shadowbringers.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Stormblood def feels disjointed because of the split Doma and Ala Mihgo storylines. I preferred the Doma stuff more.

Shadowbringers storyline is more cohesive

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Doma was definitely better. Still worse than HW but goddamn Ala Migho can suck a dick and so can Lyse.

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
And here I am wishing there were more Adventures of Gaius & Estinien to look forward to.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Doma was definitely better. Still worse than HW but goddamn Ala Migho can suck a dick and so can Lyse.
I just feel like with Doma you go on a bunch of adventures. In the giant city, across and under the sea then the tribal combat people then fighting the crazy prostitute that's somehow in control.

Ala Migho I'm just doing all the work for these crying whining useless fucking idiots. Note I can't sum up any of the zones storylines like I can with Doma.

Heavensward is another epic adventure into the unknown to find the truth of the wars there, then returning to kick everyone's ass. I hope Shadowbringers lives up to it once they let me unlock and play it!

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Couldn't agree more.

ARR - 7/10. Good story build up/character development etc., lots of content to go alongside the MSQ to break things up.
Heavensward 8/10. Similar pacing with MSQ, lots of content with some fantastic dungeons/raids/primal fights. The end gap between MSQ quests into Stormblood kind of drags on a bit and then....
Stormblood 5/10. MSQ is butt. Mostly run one side of large zone to the other w/ slow mount/no flying, collect literal poop/flowers, repeat for 6 zones. Almost zero content to break it up. You have around 150 quests in MSQ before the gap MSQ quests that take you to Shadowbringers and 130 of them don't do anything to progress story/build characters etc. End game of Stormblood is admittedly better, but no dungeons/raids/trials stand out other than some nostalgia fights like train/kekfa. The entire expansion could have been a 30 quest content patch imo.

Not going to get into the meat of Shadowbringers before TBC Classic launches, but I'm looking forward to it since it's been hyped so much and the disappointment of Stormblood.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
the x.0 patch of Stormblood sucks ass especially. But I feel it doesn't help as it's just a super slow burn and pretty boring events with Ala Mhigo. The story ramps up pretty good when it leads into closing out and going into ShB buildup. Also the stormblood alliance raids, raids, trials etc are all pretty solid fights/mechanics and some of my favorites still. Hard to go wrong with the retro FF theme in the raids, fighting the phantom train etc.

• 1Moron

Chris

Potato del Grande
Haha Phantom Train? Love it when they have references like that.

Also loving Gunbreaker class, pulling off the full 9 button combo feels like doing Renzokuken in FF8 then you can cap it off with Blasting Zone which I think is what normally happens in FF8 too.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
If you like pressing 9 button combos wait until you try ninja and press 20 something buttons before trick attack wears off! ;D

Every other class feels like playing in slow mo so far that I've tried after running my ninja up.