Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
I'm getting 1017 on Lamia even, lol what's going to happen at launch? Are they opening up more servers, losing restrictions?
I've been making new characters on any realm that is open to it. Every time I make a character, I get 1017'd from the queue. I don't understand; if the server is full, why the fuck are you letting me make a character? At least have some consistency in your hackjob of a fix.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok just saw the cutscene of the Sith after getting my Airship pass. Why am I a good guy again? How do I join the dark side? Anyone?

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Had to fight the 1017 battle to get into the queue on Exodus myself.

Tons of folks standing around obviously afk ( as am I ATM.)

Words definitely out to never log out once in.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Just made a character on Marlboro.. It's been going up and down it seems in regards to character creation.

Muligan Jurai - Conjurer (White Mage)

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I started as an arcanist just to try one but I don't like the class so I switched back to my conj. My conj is 14 but I'm having to start all class quests over again. Most of my levels are from the 1.0 version and I'm not wanting to go back through it all. Am I doing it wrong? I also just finished the first part of the airship main story if that matters.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
messaged valos but i guess they are afk lol. not surprising.
smile.png
Yeah, been sick all weekend. Really put my poopsocking at a disadvantage. I tried to send you a tell/friend invite but you're currently in a duty *fucking retarded system locks you out on comms if you're in a private instance* . Hit me up again or I'll try back in 30 minutes or so.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone have a 1.0 account then buy the CE digital from somewhere else? Where did you have to pop in your code? Im assuming Ill be on their support line tomorrow if no one knows whats up.

Teylk

Trakanon Raider
Keep getting booted with a 90k error after an hour or so of playing. Gotta deal with the 3102 for 15mins and then try and get back in the game by spamming 0. Servers seem to be stable for others once they're in im starting to think its just me having this problem.

Stave

Potato del Grande
So GMG sent me my full key, and told me to go herehttp://sqex.to/FFXIVRedeemCodeNAto enter it. I logged in with my account info, and on the bottom there is the FFXI icon with a + and I clicked that and was able to enter my code, and logged back in and had my preorder items sitting in my moogle mailbox. I did notice too that I had the ability to buy the upgrade to CE for $20, that's cool for anyone who wants to upgrade. Try that site Valos.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Keep getting booted with a 90k error after an hour or so of playing. Gotta deal with the 3102 for 15mins and then try and get back in the game by spamming 0. Servers seem to be stable for others once they're in im starting to think its just me having this problem.
Yeah I think it's just you Teylk, because I did all 3 dungeons tonight and you are the only one who DC'd. Also, I gotta say I was able to log out and log back in on Gilgamesh and not get errors or queue, and the game is running flawlessly, no instance problems or anything.

Also launch is tomorrow, they really improved this shit. Other than the locked servers crap, they really got their shit together. Told some of you guys not to worry so damn much about prelaunch, launches always go like shit. Next weekend will be the true test with holiday weekend, but I'm not too worried at this point honestly. I am just enjoying the hell out of the game.

Malkav

French Madman
Well, last night while I had shit for brains, I registered my CE code, but as a new service account instead of adding it to the current one. Stupid confusing shit.

Well, you know your fucking website is confusing where you have an automated form just for this kind of problem on your support site. Still waiting for them to change it to the right service account now.

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
Really? I'm really not a fan of the questing, but the completionist in me feels compelled to finish them.

I'd much rather be leveling purely from fates/chaining and a few dungeons intermixed.

I play a game like this to play with others, not to solo quest.

Cthalupa_sl

shitlord
Seems like people still haven't learned how to not stand in bad shit.

Cycled through about 10 different people doing the Cutter dungeon yesterday afternoon. Every single one of them died multiple times every pull on the sandworm boss, even after I repeatedly explaining the (completely obvious and in no way surprising) mechanics. Sand shooting up out of the ground ready to give you an enema? Better stand in it. Vortex pulling you into the middle where the boss pops back out and shits all over you? Better not run away from it!

I really feel like they were a lot worse than I remember players being back even at WoW launch. Console players playing their first MMO or something? I dunno.