Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I haven't encountered any bad people...probs cuz im on a non plebeian legacy server. Combat is slow enough where you can explain something to someone if they did screw up, and its easy to fix the mistake.

fucking 2.0 plebs

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So have the server issues been worked out?

Been too busy lately to buy the game, but have a little bit of free time coming up next week and would like to try it. My nephew swears FFXIV is the best thing since... well, he really isn't old enough to have experienced many good mmo's. But he likes this one.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Any maelstrom players find log entry 2-4? says halantaii or whatever, im assuming they are Leves or do you gotta do the dungeon?

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
We're thinking next patch it will be important. We cant actually max out all three, you take a hit to standings when you switch. So we're thinking one allied and the rest can be a rank below it. It costs 15000 to swap the FC to another so we're not really in the position to do it on gilg yet, unless folks want to pony up some gil in the bank. I sort want to swap factions just to build it up now in case its nerfed, it only took us 3 days to get it maxed out. I'd hate for it to get nerfed to a quarter of what it is and we left all that rep go to waste.

Calroon_sl

shitlord
They seem to make poor decisions, They also apparently had the ability to take out quest tracking on specific quests in P3... yet removed it there as well.
Gotta love having level 15 quests being tracked as a level 1 <class>... durrr.
This is the one thing i hate the most. I don't understand how they have such an infantile tracking system. How hard is it to implement a bit of structure in our Journal? Let us track the quests we want and sort them by class.
You know this is quite funny. While I was watching a JP stream 2 days ago they still had said ability (toggle quest objectives). I wonder how many builds we're behind this time around.

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What's an easy way to get the CE rewards? Can I buy the CE and then just use the 'bonus' code or do I have to use the entire key? I already have an account from 1.0.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Snagged a retail copy. Picking it up today so I will have my key. Kreugen, without you, I wouldn't be purchasing. Your macro to log in saved the day
wink.png

bayr_sl

shitlord
Found a guy with a really simple macro bot in South Shroud. He just stands still in an area with a bunch of non-aggressive mobs tagging them. I guess it's to be expected that this game will be botted to shit soon given the level of competence displayed by the devs

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
We're thinking next patch it will be important. We cant actually max out all three, you take a hit to standings when you switch. So we're thinking one allied and the rest can be a rank below it. It costs 15000 to swap the FC to another so we're not really in the position to do it on gilg yet, unless folks want to pony up some gil in the bank. I sort want to swap factions just to build it up now in case its nerfed, it only took us 3 days to get it maxed out. I'd hate for it to get nerfed to a quarter of what it is and we left all that rep go to waste.
Just a correction, but we maxed out the FC the first day.

So we're looking at having all 3 of them to however high it's possible to get them by Monday, especially since it's a holiday weekend.

As far as noobs, there are plenty. I was helping some RL friends with Ifrit and we had a 4th who was from DF (PGL). I told him we needed to kill the nail when it spawned. It spawns, I even said in chat to kill it, and he doesn't fucking move. I also finally got Haukke Manor done, but not before my group wiped twice on the last boss. All because they couldn't get out of the red circle when the bombs explode. It's like, come the fuck on people?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Just wait until Qarn. I think I had 8? failed groups there before this morning when I got matched with a competent 3 man premade team. Half those failures were from pieces of shit going Linkdead which basically kills the group, the other were from people who couldn't grasp pressing tab to change targets in a two target fight. Simply amazing.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Just wait until Qarn. I think I had 8? failed groups there before this morning when I got matched with a competent 3 man premade team. Half those failures were from pieces of shit going Linkdead which basically kills the group, the other were from people who couldn't grasp pressing tab to change targets in a two target fight. Simply amazing.
Wow... real noobs. So no MMO experience or understanding of concepts at all? This could be 1999 all over again. At least there are no trains haha. I think noobs create community though. It helps you to learn the good from the bad. Noobs are not only the inexperienced also, it could be they just don't get it. Regardless, it is always cool to see people rise to the top while other you can either "get by" with or you just don't group with them at all.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I don't think people new to MMO's, sat on their fucking couches playing with a PS3 controller is helping matters either. I spent 2 hours pugging Garuda last night, and halfway through the first round of adds the archer says in party "hey, how do I switch targets quicker with my controller"?

I really enjoy crafting and gathering w/ my 360 controller hooked up, but I find it too annoying fighting stuff with it. Doesn't seem terribly intuitive.... but I'm probably just a baddie.

Artifa

N00b
Looking to do garuda on gilg when I get home tonight, if you still need it then springbok. Tried it for about 15 minutes last night with a legacy tank and dps that couldnt avoid the instakill, which was hilarious.