Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Stave

Potato del Grande
So I crashed out earlier, and I decided to try a little of a beta of E this S other O game I got in the beta for, and man I just want to log back into FFXIV lol. Granted I am only 26 in FF, so I've got a lot of content ahead of me to enjoy, but the hook is pulling me back.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
So I crashed out earlier, and I decided to try a little of a beta of E this S other O game I got in the beta for, and man I just want to log back into FFXIV lol. Granted I am only 26 in FF, so I've got a lot of content ahead of me to enjoy, but the hook is pulling me back.
I ain't tellin' you no lie?

DMBTylerWSP_sl

shitlord
My account just got fixed ~30m ago. That makes the total time waited after escalation around 7.5 hours.

Edit: Only to login to find the servers are down.. fml.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
While I've been bitching as much as anyone about their idiocy of the 1017 and lack of communication,

starting down the "this is the worst mmo launch" road is a wee bit outside the realms of reality.

I mean , Anarchy Online , Vanguard , and let's start down that list don't even have this one in the same league as them.
It may not be the worst, but it's certainly top 5. Lets run off the laundry list of issues, which really have been going on since open beta:

Instance server issues (fixed)
1017 Errors
Locking character creation on servers
Misapplied registration numbers to wrong (new) service accounts
NA/EU server list dropping on a nightly basis
Cancelling support tickets older than 48 hours

Just off the top of my head. It's been a week now since early access. There are some (not a small number) that have done very little playing in that week due to the issues above and in some cases (as evidenced by posts on this board and the 300+ page thread on official forums) can't even play anymore due to account issues. Of the ones that have been able to play consistently, a decent percentage was forced out of making a character of a server of their choice because people they knew/friends were on a locked server (see: gilgamesh which I think is going on 5-6 days of being locked for char creation).

So yea, it's up there in the bad launches of all time.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
You guys are idiots - they even posted a huge article on Lodestone before MogStation went live telling you NOT to create a new service account when applying your retail code.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You guys are idiots - they even posted a huge article on Lodestone before MogStation went live telling you NOT to create a new service account when applying your retail code.
Problem is they use fucked up English skills on their websites. You have to spell shit out for the dumbasses.

Vilmz_sl

shitlord
They need to roll out server restarts and purge the habitual afk'ers. Let's see their reaction to the current log in process.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Not sure what is happening but i can't login anymore... and when i apply the code in the receipt from the pre-order it just hangs...

I also don't see a charge on my CC either, i wonder if they cancelled my pre order ?

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Not sure what is happening but i can't login anymore... and when i apply the code in the receipt from the pre-order it just hangs...

I also don't see a charge on my CC either, i wonder if they cancelled my pre order ?
It is working for me now, one question to those that have been playing... is the whole game like quest to quest to quest like the start ?

Wrenn

Trakanon Raider

This happened to me though it might not be the same issue. There is an early release key, then a real key that you have to register with after the game goes live. My retail box hasn't arrived yet so I cant play until my box and real key arrives.

Sounds like its no loss given the server issues this weekend.