Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So I'm readingthis guideand I get to the part about "each class has 14 skills using during the crafting process" and I filmed my reaction:
Crafting isn't so bad, and you definitely don't need to use too many skills to level it. You'll need to, as well as level sub crafting class, if you want to HQ high level gear but that's pointless if you just want repairs and materias. For leveling it's basically pressing a macro, going afk for 20secs, rinse and repeat until 50. Might want to automate the process so you don't have to tab back every 20secs but ToS bla bla etc, you know the drill.

With that said, you don't NEED to be a crafter, you just need to know one. I think that was the intent they designed those mechanics with, the fact you can ask a crafter to repair and materia your shit for you, to create an unending market of service for crafters once obviously all their crafted shit becomes poop because you can raid for equal/better gear anyway. With that said the implementation isn't the best(crafters should be able to make repair/materia kits and sell that shit on the AH so you don't need to physically find a crafter, plus fixes repairing in dungeons issue) and the fact generally half your armor requires another crafting skill instead of caster gear being all weaver, tank gear being all armorsmith and so on makes it pretty painful. Not that I've ran into repair bill issues myself since I haven't started raiding, just doing normal dungeons and leveling alchemy for my relic weap.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Well, I want at least a lv19 for materia. After that it just depends on if crafting is a less time consuming money maker than spamming dailies.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Anyone else having an issue where you can sign in but can't click "start" to actually get to your characters?
It does that when the log in server stuff is down, or overloaded, whatever.

If you wait a little while it'll come up with a cannot reach log in server type message and then the game will close I think.

bayr_sl

shitlord
Anyone else having an issue where you can sign in but can't click "start" to actually get to your characters?
Yes but the times I get past that I am just getting 1017'd

Gonna play my 30 days and call it quits on this game, they are just too hopelessly incompetent for me

Oberstein

Molten Core Raider
Well, I want at least a lv19 for materia. After that it just depends on if crafting is a less time consuming money maker than spamming dailies.
Thats what I was thinking and got my leatherworker to 19 to repair and meld materia for my pugilist. If I was better at reading comprehension I would have realized that gear has a repair / melding minimum level. So my Pugilists lvl 25 goatskin gloves require a lvl 15 leatherworker to repair or level 25 to meld materia. Not sure I have the motivation to keep my leatherworker and main class the same level just to service my own gear as I level.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Not sure if anyone cared, but the FFXIV event at Pax was basically a large area with a ton of computers set up. An hour of developer comments that I missed, and then people could sign stuff and there were 8 computers for people to try out character creation and like 40 for people to do the boss battle challenge which was fighting Titan. It looked like mostly people were getting their ass kicked playing Titan, but if you beat it then you got an exclusive T-shirt and some other swag.

Kinda cool. I got something signed by their sound director, but there wasn't much here that was relevant for those already playing the game other than maybe the developer comments which are at noon today/tomorrow.
Did anyone get error 1017?

A1pha_sl

shitlord
Yes but the times I get past that I am just getting 1017'd

Gonna play my 30 days and call it quits on this game, they are just too hopelessly incompetent for me
That sucks, I haven't even gotten to play the game yet because I still can't make a character on the server. Pretty horrible launch no doubt about it. One of the worst I can remember as far as just simply 0 ability to play on the server of your choosing. I know there are lots of crashes and stability issues on other launches but this is just pitiful.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's not the same level for repairs as your example shows. Melding I think isn't something you'll do soonish anyway, as getting high level materias of the right type and the gear you'd want to use materias on seems fairly time consuming. For lvl 50repairs, you need lvl 40 crafting, which means it saves you a good bit of the most expensive and slowest part of the leveling process. Getting a crafter to 19 costs like 5k of money if you want to buy everything and maybe a few hours at most. Moogle cap works on crafting(and gathering), speeds up the process. If you have more money to spend you can probably quicksynth your way to 19 in like an hour.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For those with service account issues, there's some posts saying live chat might be available to NA at 12pm PDT.

EU customers are reporting that live agents are fixing the problem on the spot while NA service reps only have the power to escalate a ticket, however.

This link:https://squareenixen.custhelp.com/ap...38027/_icf_5/1
needs to have the #s replaced with your ticket and 5/1 or 5/5 at the end is NA, 5/2 5/3 5/4 are EU apparently. Might be best to simply go through the whole ticket process to generate a link if it becomes available.

Sean_sl

shitlord
You can't even get a hold of NA service reps right now because their support center is closed and EU can't help NA accounts.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Ultracore, I think your options at this point are:

a) Change your playstyle to be more compatible with what's available now.
b) Play less.
c) Stop playing and wait until they cater to your playstyle.
d) Quit entirely.

I think you could pick up A crafting profession to repair the majority of your gear - whatever that may be. That would significantly cut down your repair bills and allow you to still play the game (mostly) the way you want.

c) is probably never going to happen, because this is the S-E after all.

Column_sl

shitlord
I'm going to try farming the Guldhest thing a guy mentioned a few posts up. If its 5k everytime then that will allow me to raid all the time without worrying about the repair bill.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck man, this 1017 bullshit has got to go. This is the shit that makes people leave your game and not come back. Not because it was bad, but because sitting all day slamming num0, due to lack of queue is fucking asinine, and after two weeks the game loses relevance. People move on. Crazy to see such a relatively solid game, so mismanaged from the back end.

spronk

FPS noob
don't worry guys yoshi posted that they will give 1 free week to players, that makes up for not being able to play for a week right

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Will the 1 free week still be in a period of time when 1017s occur?
biggrin.png