Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I'm getting pretty fucking bored playing this with a handful of strangers that almost never chat. I seriously doubt I'll play past the end of the story now.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Up to 30, the entirety of the launch issues seem to be hardware/server related. Once in game, the game runs great and everything is working. Not sure if post 30 I'll start bumping into mountains of buggy, untested content like in GW2.

Dealing with 10 minutes of 1017 lets me play for as long as I'd like (until my video card driver crashes), so my experience is more in line with Antarius. Out of the majority of my guild playing FF14, there are maybe two people who cry about the login issues and stamp their feet about a refund. I have to imagine they're just impatient babies, since the rest of the guild is pretty consistently in game.
Being locked out of something you paid for and wanting a refund is pretty reasonable. I personally don't want a refund, I would just like to be able to play with friends. By the time they have this shit resolved, nobody is going to want to make another character somewhere else. I think the game is worth 30$, but that's it. Only 30$. It is still within the first two weeks and I understand things are going to be rocky but yeah.. something more than vague updates and "We're gonna release a few more servers soon" would be cool

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Well I'm glad you're luck is better than mine. I guess if you don't have the problem, it doesn't exist. If you think it takes hours to make a few forums posts, well, I'd hate to have your time management skills. That's the wonder of technology and the internet - multitasking and productivity.

I guess you also don't see the difference in the principle of getting a refund, vs. continuing to fulfill SE's sale by sending it to another consumer (who CAN'T just buy another, because it is not on sale). Nor do you value principles with your time. I guess you think it's acceptable to pay for a product and be rarely, if ever, able to login, and generally have most servers character-creation locked.

By the way, if CE codes are going for $20 in this thread, what would you guess the economic value of a Regular code is in this thread? Do you think the consumer, who has already probably lost more value in their time seeking a refund than the original product ($30), should also have to take that hit too? If the answer is yes, are you a corporate lawyer?

Perhaps you'd just charge-back the vendors with no fault, like Amazon. Fair enough, but don't act like you're on the high horse when you are actually on the low road.
what

YxxAn_sl

shitlord
I'm really happy that I bought FFXIV! It's not the second coming of Jesus, but it's damn fun, runs smooth as butter and it's something new :p Thanks to everyone on the board who said it was fun. Now i'm rolling around clueless with a level 14 conjurer
smile.png

Column_sl

shitlord
I'm getting pretty fucking bored playing this with a handful of strangers that almost never chat. I seriously doubt I'll play past the end of the story now.
I think that's one of the things they didn't do well.

Allot of that has to do with cross server instancing. There really is no sense of community because you barely party with people on your own server unless you are in a guild.
Even tho I have a perma group, I enjoy pugs for some reason. I've met some really cool people in them, but cant even friends list them cause they are not on my server.

I'm not exactly sure why Zone Shout is usually dead other then people are to busy fate farming to give a fuck.

Everquest ,and the orginal wow where everyone stayed on one server did the best chat rooms in mmos.

Everquest made people progress together so you would be in one zone for maybe 5 days, then move to the next zone with the same people. They also did the brilliant thing of putting high level mobs in each zone with a dungeon usually higher then the mobs in the zone so while the newbies were progressing they would see high level people.

I remember Brad talking about those design decisions before Everquest came out.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Instancing has fucking nothing to do with it, you are too busy trying to run the dungeon quickly to chat in a dungeon anyway. I mean out in the world and my own guildchat.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty much sums it up. How anyone defends SE is mind boggling.

http://kotaku.com/okay-yeah-final-fa...ter-1237985246
It's funny that kotaku actually has a decent and non sensationalized article :p But yeah its almost 100% spot on. It's a great fun game, IF you can even get in to play. Not to mention the account/CS nightmare. Just goes to show that launching a MMO is not just about the game.

I'm probably sitting on 70 hours or more for $50 and still going with a shit ton still to do, when I can get on(and usually do with 1-2 hours of running script and then stay on for a good 10-12 hours). Though for some reason I cannot stay logged into this game overnight. The game will chain 90k errors between 1am and 2am for me,all while browser is working fine, before going back to normal. So I end up logging out everynight.

Also not sure if its coincidence or not, but they seem to let batches into the server at the top of each hour. Always see a block of 5-10 people in FC login at each hour on the hour. So I usually try my login attempts at those times.

Saban_sl

shitlord
I try not to log out, but i got stuck in gathering mode and couldn't find a way out of it besides exiting the client. Now its 1017 city.

Column_sl

shitlord
Instancing has fucking nothing to do with it, you are too busy trying to run the dungeon quickly to chat in a dungeon anyway. I mean out in the world and my own guildchat.
Yeah no clue, I have to turn my guid chat off because they talk too much.

Pretty sure all this has to do with people aren't used to the chat system yet.

Like if you type in /FC then hit enter you will stay in the guild channel, same with party etc.
And you can't do that with shout, can only hit alt h, or /shout every time.

I think people just get frustrated with that so they don't give a fuck. Also most guilds use a raid call or some other voice program. So people usually just hang out in those so they don't have to type.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I try not to log out, but i got stuck in gathering mode and couldn't find a way out of it besides exiting the client. Now its 1017 city.
Same happened to me while doing a levequest; had to end process and then go back in. Took me about 1-1 1/2 hrs to get back in. Stayed logged in again since then though obviously.

@ Asocirev: Distribution actually leans somewhat heavily towards healers. At least in my experience. I think a lot of people have nostalgia tied up with WHM, so for example, when my friends and I were rolling, 3/5 of us were originally going WHM. (Including myself.) Our INC peeps went up to 7, and then myself and one other rolled dps instead of WHM.

Also, conjurer seems to be a sub class for a good bit of jobs. I know that bard and scholar both need a sub conj, and correct me if I am wrong but I think someone told me Paladin is similar.

Anyways, yea. Lots of white mages, and now that I'm higher I'm seeing more scholars. I'm headed bard atm, but really liking arcanist as well, so if I ever decide we need another healer I'll probably go scholar over white mage.

I picked maelstrom as my grand company as a bard, and after a ton of searching, I either picked wrong or it doesn't matter, so we'll see. Have a ton of seals though, but I imagine in the long run I'll have wanted to be a hero of every GC.

I haven't had as many log in issues because I just stay logged in (Though the early access was pretty much demolished for me.) so for right now I'm having a ton of fun. It's giving me EQ vibes, in that it feels awesome and is compelling and I want to explore and see the world. That's something WoW couldn't really grab me with; I mean I liked the game but I didn't feel this type of awe while running around. Music is amazing and the locales are gorgeous.

I'm just really hoping they fix the server shit; my friends and I managed to roll on the same server but we can't always get online together, and that's annoying. Been waiting to push certain parts of my main quest for when they're all on!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Fuck, been logged in for like 3 days not a flaw, but now I entered an instance and stuck on loading screen. And I can chat with peeps in the instance. Damn.

sticktastic_sl

shitlord
Sounds like a you problem. I chat a lot both in and out of guild. I always find people wanting to party up or jus run quests together. Your probably super introverted and angry online, thus you have no friends.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I don't know how the fuck you people are getting through the 1017 errors. I've been using the script for hours at a time over this entire 3 day weekend, to no avail. Are you just staying logged in?

Tual

Molten Core Raider
Been able to play every single day until now (Cerberus EU). I'm getting 1017s as well, IF I get through the lobby that is.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know how the fuck you people are getting through the 1017 errors. I've been using the script for hours at a time over this entire 3 day weekend, to no avail. Are you just staying logged in?
It usually takes me 1-3 hours of just trying to get in. The first portion seems to be fighting the "can't update server list" or "server full before even selecting character" before I can even try script. And usually have to re-run script a few times as the lobby seems to time out after so long.

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
Sounds like you are playing with a shitty guild. What are you expecting? The game to force feed you player interaction? You have to actually work for these things, just like you had to in any other game.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
usually, it takes me 5-10 minutes. Difficult times, maybe 20-30 minutes. I log off every night.

i begged kreugen to cross over to marlboro. faggot, u dun goofed.