Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm lv82 and upto the second time you hear the creepy radio. What the fuck.

Baelsar had some good fucking judgement noping out of this.

Goonsquad Officer
Played abit of Reaper and would like to lvl upto 80 for EE msq.
I did 3 pixies quests and 2 dungeons, got to 71....any kind advice for leveling tips please?
my mix is pixie quests, wonderous tails, fate challenge log and bozja southern front/zadnor. then mix in roulletes that have their bonus to give.

failing that...generic shadowbringers quests are 'okay' xp. and i hear heaven on high is good but you'll want to kill yourself after a time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goonsquad Officer
Seeing as I only got to try Reaper yesterday before I took a nap I wanted to ask if the MSQ is good so far? 520 in queue now (had to work today so could not log in early) and not sure if I want to continue leveling Reaper or do MSQ.
I enjoyed it. a few really interesting reveals i didn't see coming, and some foreshadowing i think i'm starting to catch.

if we're on a scale of shadowbringers MSQ, we're still going up the rollercoaster at this point. (i finished the first dungeon and some af ter-talk)

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I can't wait for Yoshi P to cry those crocodile tears again, saying how sorry he is for the login problems and legions of players defending him as if they were simping for some OF thot. Bottom line is that the situation is unacceptable and it's only gonna get worse.

• 3Pathetic
  • 3Moron
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 9 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Finally in Garlemald - really enjoying the xpac and story so far. Seems like it's at the level of SHB to this point which is a pretty good bar

Chris

Potato del Grande
Finally in Garlemald - really enjoying the xpac and story so far. Seems like it's at the level of SHB to this point which is a pretty good bar
It's beyond SHB. I just cried over a character they just introduced and I'm lv83. WHAT THE FUCK.

Every other time they play that fucking creepy radio, fucking hell...

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I can't wait for Yoshi P to cry those crocodile tears again, saying how sorry he is for the login problems and legions of players defending him as if they were simping for some OF thot. Bottom line is that the situation is unacceptable and it's only gonna get worse.

Normally I appreciate your posts, but this is pretty stupid.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

lol what? Got in instantly this morning, and was smart enough not to get logged off while I played all last night. I know you're trolling or stupid, but they pretty much forewarned everyone it was going to be rough, be smart, not dumb, and it's not even close to as bad as some patch day/expansion releases.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bubbles should know not to pick on poor ff14, has more fanboys than wow ever had.

Logging in early Saturday morning is definitely cherry picking and you know it is... Shit will be unplayable soon if not already and they have no feasible way to increase server capacity in any short time frame due to shortages.

You could say that's not their fault but at the same time what did they expect?

Gonna be a lot of pissed off players.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

They have done everything they can with what they have available , people understand that.

still though other then the Que it's been a pretty amazing launch.

• 1Picard

Cybsled

YoshiP and crew have been warning for months about to expect issues. They had like a 10 page blog post detailing issues with obtaining servers due to the microprocessor shortage, etc.

It sucks but they've at least been trying to communicate this for a while now

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Initial launch was rough. 0 problems since then. It was only really an issue when the login servers were getting slammed. Now that people are on the actual servers and staggered out, it's smooth as butter. Gilgamesh hasn't even crashed once and it's one of the biggest servers on the one of the biggest datacentres.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have had zero issues when I get past the queue, did not have any 2002 errors today either. Logged on "late" for a saturday and had like 1700 queue. Once in it's been really smooth sailing. Started MSQ and got to Sharlyan but will get Reaper to 80 first I think. While tanks are in demand I don't really feel like playing the Paladin right now.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bubbles should know not to pick on poor ff14, has more fanboys than wow ever had.

Logging in early Saturday morning is definitely cherry picking and you know it is... Shit will be unplayable soon if not already and they have no feasible way to increase server capacity in any short time frame due to shortages.

You could say that's not their fault but at the same time what did they expect?

Gonna be a lot of pissed off players.

I mean I logged in yesterday afternoon through a queue of 2k, yesterday morning through 4400. The shortages aren't their fault, and they told people to be ready for it. Truth be told I figured it being Saturday even the early morning hours would be jam packed...they were Friday. I'm sure a lot of players will be pissed, but considering this is how it always goes for big launches and the warning...what did they expect? Be smart about it as much as possible, sorry if you're on one of the really screwed servers.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
After watching New World launch are these queues any surprise. Tried to pop on in the middle of the night and dosed off in my chair before I made it through the queue

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
finnaly worked thru and did the first dungeon .. my god that fuckin bass line is awesome.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Played abit of Reaper and would like to lvl upto 80 for EE msq.
I did 3 pixies quests and 2 dungeons, got to 71....any kind advice for leveling tips please?
Daily roulettes. PVP one gave a ton of xp and doesnt matter if you win/lose.

• 1Like