Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Giving this my last chance not to hate this game. Made a Lion Pugilist and some bunny bitch Thamaturg. Somewhat liking the lion, not sure ill even try the caster.

If it doesn't pull me in this time I am canceling for good and waiting for the LOTRO graphic revamp.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Giving this my last chance not to hate this game. Made a Lion Pugilist and some bunny bitch Thamaturg. Somewhat liking the lion, not sure ill even try the caster.

If it doesn't pull me in this time I am canceling for good and waiting for the LOTRO graphic revamp.

You know you can play every class on a single character right? There's no need to have alts.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
You know you can play every class on a single character right? There's no need to have alts.
Yeah but so far most of the races are so emasculated looking that I dislike them all. So I am trying to find a class that will suck me in. I have not lasted long enough to unlock other classes so far.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah but so far most of the races are so emasculated looking that I dislike them all. So I am trying to find a class that will suck me in. I have not lasted long enough to unlock other classes so far.
Unlocking classes literally is walking up to the trainer and talking to them, they don't get a lot of depth until lv50 though.

Marauder (Warrior) is beat to start with IMO.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Thought you had to be 10 or something. Good to know!
There may be a point you need to get to in the MSQ but it takes a tiny amount of time.

Edit: It is lv10 you are right. Won't take long to get that or level back to 10.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Level 10 is nothing to get. The game is so heavily MSQ gated that running a true alt doesn’t make much sense - you can be every class and every crafter on a single character

• 1Like

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Has anyone done the first trial extreme with just one healer? I got my AST up to 90, 575 the other day. Healed six or so clears of the extreme last night. Man that Macrocosmos move is perfect for the six hit stack mechanic (styx). I felt like I was doing most of the healing. May try to 1 heal it tonight and see how it goes.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Has anyone done the first trial extreme with just one healer? I got my AST up to 90, 575 the other day. Healed six or so clears of the extreme last night. Man that Macrocosmos move is perfect for the six hit stack mechanic (styx). I felt like I was doing most of the healing. May try to 1 heal it tonight and see how it goes.

I've done it with a solo sage, works really well

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I've done it with a solo sage, works really well
I could do it with myself, a single WHM if everyone else was spot on with mechanics. Liturgy of the Bells trivializes Phobos, and Styx is just dependent on your group having brains.

If you had 5 dps, probably wouldn't even see the last 2 Styx.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider

The problem with finding a class that clicks is that most are really dog to play until like level 70-80~ (80+ in some cases -- the tank selfhealing at 80+ is a world of diff in dungeons for example), and it's hard to get to that point without boosting or playing the story for a long time. The slowness of getting abilities / length of MSQ has got really kind of messed up relative to the days when level 60 jobs had a full kit and you hit that mid heavensward.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah Gunbreaker didn't really feel good to me until 80+ for whatever reason. I hate level syncing and having to give up my abilities when doing Duty roulette's. Need to find a physical and mage ranged class that I like, haven't leveled anything outside of melee dps and tanks really.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Joe_Bidens_Dementia

Molten Core Raider

Congrats you picked the gay man race, I'm 100% serious.

No one plays Hrothgar unless they are IRL faggots and looking to digitally bareback another man. That's the first thing everyone will think when they see you.

Just give it a rest you are obviously too dumb to be allowed online unsupervised.

• 3Faggotry
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Congrats you picked the gay man race, I'm 100% serious.

No one plays Hrothgar unless they are IRL faggots and looking to digitally bareback another man. That's the first thing everyone will think when they see you.

Just give it a rest you are obviously too dumb to be allowed online unsupervised.
They are the only race that doesn't look like they get pegged on the regular. Every other race has +10 to sucking dicks.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You guys are the ones bringing sexuality into posts about your digital lady boy dress up game.

Look at the two subjects you thought of and brought up when you look at FFXIV races.. You Mentioned them, no one else.

Everyone else was talking about being unable to get a feel for a class until much later, which is true.

Goonsquad Officer
Yea you do kind 0f have to slap a beard on most dudes to get around pretty boy face. Maybe Manroe can get by clean shaven

Malkav

French Madman
SCH still very fucking good and I fucking love having one.

As much as people memed on the group sprint when it was announced, it's pretty fucking great to have it for some mechanics and keep your own sprint for something else.