Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They know it's going to be a shitshow if they made old side content mandatory for MSQ. Only thing they can do is link side content to each other (Ivalice and Bozja, Sky Pirates and Tataru).

Hell, Omega is pretty damn important for context in EW MSQ and they still didn't make it mandatory, just suggested people do it before EW was released.

Same with Role Quests.
You'd think the fact that we have a squad on the First that can open motherfucking Void Gates, with TWO CHARACTERS FROM THE 13TH, and whose goal is to cleanse the 13th would be pretty fucking important to the current MSQ. But since it's locked behind doing doing ALL the ShB Role Quests (meaning having at least 4 jobs to 80), we'll just have to make do with getting optional dialogues with them every so often.

I kind of wish certain stuff would "expect" that people had completed that stuff (role quests and side story dialogue/etc from the First)...but I know that would open a ball of worms. It was just kind of the only thing to really do for certain time periods during ShB, but I get it for people still playing catch up having even more "required" content to add on might not feel so great.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The new Gathering Aether Oils are really really RNG heavy and a headache as they only spawn twice a day, and also require a certain meld set, a certain lvl of collection in order too "Prime" the item, and then another RNG shitfest to break it down into the oil, and each Gathering class has a different oil they can get. The few I've nabbed have only been Single de-synths, maybe the next set of gear will help with this but it seems to be a bit "too" RNG.

And the Otter Fountain is only the beginning I think the crafting recipes are gonna get much worse, with the next set of gear and the required melds..

Haven't really messed with the new oils yet, are they just part of the expert/Otter Fountain crafts currently?

Malkav

French Madman
I kind of wish certain stuff would "expect" that people had completed that stuff (role quests and side story dialogue/etc from the First)...but I know that would open a ball of worms. It was just kind of the only thing to really do for certain time periods during ShB, but I get it for people still playing catch up having even more "required" content to add on might not feel so great.

Well, they could probably lessen the requirements for the role quests "capstones", like you only need do finish one role quest to unlock it. But then again, it'd leave a lot of context out depending on which one you did (I think the most important one would be the ShB Caster role quest).

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Haven't really messed with the new oils yet, are they just part of the expert/Otter Fountain crafts currently?

The new oils are used for the current crafted weapons and also alchemy concoctions needed for stuff like growth serums, but they are not Expert recipes so they are simple, but still a pain too HQ as usual.

All the ShB role quests are great.. the EW ones though are well... more like used as a way too finish up stories of old then what they did in ShB.. the last one is cool though I guess *shrug*

Last edited:

Cybsled

Ya, EW role quests basically boil down to "remember that character from multiple expansions ago we just sort of forgot about? Let's play catch up!"

Some of them aren't bad (ranged and healer, for instance, because I actually cared about the characters) vs. stuff like melee (who the fuck are you guys again exactly?)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
This adjustment applies to both phases of the battle.
Reasoning for HP Adjustment

In our endeavor to create an encounter more challenging than Asphodelos: The Fourth Circle (Savage), the team responsible for final adjustments spent a great deal more time than usual working on balance for this raid battle.

Under normal circumstances, the DPS of this team serves as a base for determining a boss HP value that results in clears as close to the time limit as possible. However, as extra time was dedicated to testing this battle, the team's overall performance proved to be higher than usual. As a result, the base values used for adjustments were too high, with final values roughly 1% higher than intended.

We have reduced the boss's HP to bring the battle in line with our initial balance projections. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

TLDR: Or Q&A team is getting too good at there jobs and inadvertently made the fight harder for everyone else... omg I'm laughing so hard.

I don't know about it being easier but 1% is a pretty big nerf too him.. The fight felt "fair" but the 2nd phase needed a slight adjustment just cause of how many times he goes "un-targetable" during the fight made it really hard, but at the same time fair.

At the same time though once everyone is BiS'd it won't matter except maybe for mechs cause there kind of screwed right now.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I'm doing the trial version to see what it's like. can I join the foh guild or gotta upgrade to full? Also, which server?

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I joined. Just bumping around my char name is Ang-lee. I figured I used part of my old Eq Sk name as my foh forum name would probably get me banned lol

Chris

Potato del Grande
I joined. Just bumping around my char name is Ang-lee. I figured I used part of my old Eq Sk name as my foh forum name would probably get me banned lol
Good luck!

Best tip is, keep on eye on your character level vs the level of the quests you are doing/enemies you are killing.

If you are outlevelling the content, it's a sign to level up a different job to best use the exp. The linear main quest can be a bit of a slog at the start if that is the only thing you do, so taking a break to do other things is helpful.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I'm doing the trial version to see what it's like. can I join the foh guild or gotta upgrade to full? Also, which server?

Trial version you can't join FC/Linkshell's, can't send tells, no Market board, no Retainer, a limit on the amount of gil you can hold(which honestly doesn't matter), and can't trade. you can do everything up till the end of HW though! lol

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
FehHIthUoAAXLe_

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I have my starting job (marauder) up to lvl 18 now, but I picked up blacksmithing, armorsmithing and now carpentry. Is it worthwhile to get that many crafting classes this early on?

Cybsled

You can learn all the crafting classes if you want, there is no cap. The only thing I would recommend is that if you intend to get into crafting, it helps to try to level up the complimentary crafting skills together, in addition to gathering. For instance, carpentry might need shit made by blacksmithing in a recipe, so you can either buy it off market or do it yourself.

Keep in mind crafting/gathering use the same rested XP pool as your combat XP bar, so if you want to focus on leveling your character more quickly, you may want to consider focusing on combat first. Also, once you hit 50/beat ARR MSQ, you unlock flying and it makes gathering a lot easier.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

italica

Trakanon Raider
I have my starting job (marauder) up to lvl 18 now, but I picked up blacksmithing, armorsmithing and now carpentry. Is it worthwhile to get that many crafting classes this early on?

During ARR I wouldn't go real hard on crafting. You can get them all to 20 just from vendor materials then maybe do the daily turn in at the grand company for them for the daily XP bonus.

Once you get into Heavensward content you'll get access to the crafting specific instance if you want to grind them out at that point. It's the cheapest way if you're looking to grind on them rather than just do the daily turn ins at the GC.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's endgame stuff really, there's no advantage at all doing that unless you enjoy it.

Marauder is a good choice. Taking Arcanist too may be a good idea as then you'll have a caster who can heal and DPS covering all 3 roles for some variety.

Jobs upgrade with Marauder becoming Warrior but Arcanist becomes Scholar AND Summoner, which ends up being a free extra job.