Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The times are in game time not IRL time, the entie day/night cycle is something like 4 hours.
Not sure if you mean like a moon cycle or something but a day ingame is a bit more than an hour.

You can usually gather the nodes twice per hour(roughly, it's like 70mins so every 35mins). ARR nodes iirc only spawn once per day or used to, so would still be once an hour, but yeah it's not so bad as long as you set an alarm, either ingame or via a 3rd party. If you unlock most nodes you more or less constantly teleport from one node to the other, with only a few minutes break to regen GP, with little downtime.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've been using FFXIV Clock forever; I know they added the ingame timers/etc but having it on a second monitor makes the process a little easier.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Finished the final fight against the Ultima Weapon. Thought I'd be close to unlocking Ishgard, then read there's like another god-awful amount of quests to do still. I just want to unlock DK!

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Finished the final fight against the Ultima Weapon. Thought I'd be close to unlocking Ishgard, then read there's like another god-awful amount of quests to do still. I just want to unlock DK!
Yeah you are now in the worst part of the game, it was a lot of content for people playing at release but if you wanna catch up it's a drag.

The whole Shiva bit is pretty good though. Once you start questing in Heavensward, I loved that shit.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Yeah you are now in the worst part of the game, it was a lot of content for people playing at release but if you wanna catch up it's a drag.

The whole Shiva bit is pretty good though. Once you start questing in Heavensward, I loved that shit.

Yeah people dog the part between ARR and HW as the worst part of the game, and they arent wrong, but its not really the WHOLE thing thats the worst part of the game. Only half of it. 2.1, .2, and .3 are the drag. Once you get the "Eorzea Defended" achievement, you get into 2.4, which is the pre-HW content, which, imo, is much better.

And its not like the 2.1-2.3 content is useless, it all comes back in the story later, it's just way too long and the trials are just hard modes of things you've done already. The reward for getting through it is pretty great though, especially if you've enjoyed the game to this point.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah people dog the part between ARR and HW as the worst part of the game, and they arent wrong, but its not really the WHOLE thing thats the worst part of the game. Only half of it. 2.1, .2, and .3 are the drag. Once you get the "Eorzea Defended" achievement, you get into 2.4, which is the pre-HW content, which, imo, is much better.

And its not like the 2.1-2.3 content is useless, it all comes back in the story later, it's just way too long and the trials are just hard modes of things you've done already. The reward for getting through it is pretty great though, especially if you've enjoyed the game to this point.
Also they force you to do Crystal Tower now and that's REALLY important lore for the last two expansions... which is pretty crazy for something which is just a copy of the last FF3 dungeon.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Damn, in one evening of running duty finder, got enough of those allegan seals to get almost a full set of 130 gear. I looked it up, it'll carry me through lvl 51-53!

• 1Worf

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Damn, in one evening of running duty finder, got enough of those allegan seals to get almost a full set of 130 gear. I looked it up, it'll carry me through lvl 51-53!
Actually that's when you get similar gear, but it'll easily carry you until 55 or even all the way to 60. Just equip any better piece you find doing the dungeons during Heavensward because no reason not to, but you don't really farm gear past that while leveling, especially if you're not playing tank(tank is shit gear can make the 57dungeon a bit of a pain in the dick). If you're not lucky with dungeon drops you can stop and look into doing sidequests that might reward armor at around 55, specifically chest/legs/weapon, although they do give you some stuff from the MSQ so usually you don't need to.

It's the same for every expansion, once you reach the cap of that expansion, you can buy the best tomestone set of that expansion with poetics, which makes you overpowered as fuck for a little while and makes it easy to clear the leveling dungeons for the next expansion, and then the cycle repeat until you reach the current expansion.

• 1Like

Sargas

Trakanon Raider
Actually that's when you get similar gear, but it'll easily carry you until 55 or even all the way to 60. Just equip any better piece you find doing the dungeons during Heavensward because no reason not to, but you don't really farm gear past that while leveling, especially if you're not playing tank(tank is shit gear can make the 57dungeon a bit of a pain in the dick). If you're not lucky with dungeon drops you can stop and look into doing sidequests that might reward armor at around 55, specifically chest/legs/weapon, although they do give you some stuff from the MSQ so usually you don't need to.

It's the same for every expansion, once you reach the cap of that expansion, you can buy the best tomestone set of that expansion with poetics, which makes you overpowered as fuck for a little while and makes it easy to clear the leveling dungeons for the next expansion, and then the cycle repeat until you reach the current expansion.
Truth. I’ve been working my way through my list of chars from 80-90 and the 530 gear doesn’t really get surpassed until the 85 dungeon (i536) and while I think all the expansions follow this roughly, I was able to sling my warrior to 90 spamming dungeons with mostly the 530 stuff along with whatever dropped. I have more poetics than I can spend on anything useful at this point.

The vendors become active only after you complete the expansion’s MSQ (not including the post-expansion content). Buddy of mine I was doing roulettes with was consistently capping past 2k before he actually finished the quests, so keep an eye on that as well and don’t hesitate to pick some gear up for other classes you may level as well for efficiency.

ARR vendor is in Mor Dhona,
Heavenward in Idylshire
Stormblood in Rhalgers Reach
Shadowbringers in Eulmore

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They added vendors to the main cities too for poetics stuff so it's easier to find them. They have a special icon on the minimap, for example ARR you can buy from the Limsa vendor who's next to the main aetheryte plaza. They changed it along how you buy some of the stuff so it's less confusing for new players(you don't buy upgrade mats anymore all the gear is automatically upgraded, and weapons are bought directly instead of having to do the old buy the tomestone+10tokens then trade that for a weapon weird shit which ended up with casuals showing up in dungeons with ARR weapons in Stormblood).

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Bought the full game! For the amount of fun I've had over this past month, I feel it's well worth the money for what I've enjoyed and continue to enjoy so far in this game!

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Sargas

Trakanon Raider
Lol I've been screwing off since coming back a month or so ago. Kind of dropped off and did other stuff after Endwalker's nightmare of a launch and knocking out MSQ... still havent done any of the post-Endwalker content... but at least I almost have all my characters classes topped off at 90... 5 more to go!

How have the Savage raids been looking in Endwalker vs past expansions?

Last edited:

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
51-60. Then you will wear the shire 270 set 61-70. Then scaevan 400 from 71-80. Thencryptlurker 530 will get you from 81-90. Those are the almost bestest raid gear from their respective expansions, which is why they don't really need replacing until you reach the end of next xpac. Just keep looting and scooting through MSQ.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Got my War/Drk/Sam to lvl 60 and started an Astrologian. My god, the travelling by ground in Western Coethas and Drav is terrible. So glad to have finally gotten flight in those zones.

I also finished the Drk Lvl 60 MSQ. I admit, it was of the more surprisingly darker and compelling questlines I've completed. Really enjoyable.

Some days I wonder how I'll ever get to enjoy all aspects of this game as it still seems to be HUGE. I wonder if this is how noobs feel jumping into Wow After almost 20 years of released content.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I also finished the Drk Lvl 60 MSQ. I admit, it was of the more surprisingly darker and compelling questlines I've completed. Really enjoyable.
They gave the last two expansions to that writer so look forward to Shadowbringers and Endwalker!

Endwalker in particular has some very dark themes.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>

Violin break about 2:12 is bueno. Presuming that's Nophica's theme given she's the Gridania patron.

Matron's bosom is apparently too powerful to show off for now, though!

Cybsled

I did think it was funny they just showed her from the back in the video. I guess they don't want to reveal if they are being lore appropriate or not by having a mega boob raid boss lol