Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Thraka_sl

shitlord
I want to raid, but I want to do it with a static crew.
The best way to do this is to sit in Mor or Wineport and fill in gaps for free company's looking for your specific job. If they/you aren't bad, its highly likely you'd be able to join them in the future. If you are unfamiliar with some of the fights and scared to look like a scrub just watch youtube videos and read strats on the turn fights, make sure you have at least full DL and relic+1.

kevincheese

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been playing this for a week or so now, got Lancer to 24 and armorer and miner to 25 already. Loving the crafting system in here. Does RR have a linkshell or FC? Playing pretty much solo right now.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
woo! massive game-wide exploit that steals millions from players while they stand around in town by forcing an AH transaction. JP servers just came down in response.

velk

Trakanon Raider
woo! massive game-wide exploit that steals millions from players while they stand around in town by forcing an AH transaction. JP servers just came down in response.
Not validating that buy requests come from the person doing the buying ?

Security genius ! Think of the processing time they save by not validating their inputs.

Of course, given their most widely publicized exploit prior to this involved them not validating the item ids on stuff you were selling from your inventory, I am not surprised.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
If any of you are looking to raid and have weird hours, look up 'senora kazora' on adamantoise. Tryin to put together a coil group that runs ~2-4pm eastern or thereabouts. We're at 4/8 now so any relic/dl class is fine

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've been playing this for a week or so now, got Lancer to 24 and armorer and miner to 25 already. Loving the crafting system in here. Does RR have a linkshell or FC? Playing pretty much solo right now.
Gilgamesh. FC is ISIS. Can message me, Valos Sirith. Or Despoc Darkjester, Ray Gillette, Alkorin Angainor for a invite.

Ferr_sl

shitlord
did you guys kill deathwing or whatever the name of the last boss
We've been getting shit on pretty badly in my group drop-wise. Theres a part of the twintania fight that if you have subpar gear, you need 4 people to soak an attack instead of 3, causing something else to be significantly more difficult. When all you get is DRG/BRD/MNK accessories without any vit on them, your group really suffers here. If we get proper RNG in our favor this Monday we have a pretty decent shot of doing it this reset.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
How's the group-dungeon experience of this game?
Is it worth surviving the BORING quests and dialogue at the beginning?

Faddor_sl

shitlord
Not validating that buy requests come from the person doing the buying ?

Security genius ! Think of the processing time they save by not validating their inputs.

Of course, given their most widely publicized exploit prior to this involved them not validating the item ids on stuff you were selling from your inventory, I am not surprised.
Square is without a doubt the dumbest fucking game company that isn't yet bankrupt. It's mind-boggling that any of you are dumb enough to continue supporting this company's efforts.

Combined with the travesty of 1.0, this is the worst attempt ever made by a legitimately funded company to launch and run a decent MMO. Never before has such a storied license and such quality art assets been so totally wasted on such an epic scale.

XBoxOne's soon-to-be-disastrous launch has got a serious failure to live up to here if it wants to be King of Shit Heap 2013.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Yeah, it really does take a special brand of incompetence to fuck up both the gameplay itself as well as the whole infrastructure and security. Is there any element of this game in which they've managed even an average delivery? It's like each and every single thing about FFXIV is a step back and a solid level below reasonably expectable standards. I guess the one thing that wasn't completely hopeless was the idea of an MMORPG that dared to be traditional instead of innovating itself to death, but when you then fail the execution so resoundingly, that's no saving grace. I can't name a single way in which this game genuinely excels, or even does decently well. Oh, I guess the graphics were kind of nice...

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Even I am having a hard time white knighting this game after this one... fuck.

Sean_sl

shitlord
i got no money, so i am good.
I enjoyed it while it lasted. I just wish it lasted longer. I really wanted to like FF14 ARR. I hope that they can clean up all the little problems with it (especially the combat responsiveness and terribad netcode) and make it worth coming back to for a well sized expansion or something.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you do multiple classes and line up the quests across each band you really notice how tuned the 1-30 quests are but then how ridiculously easy the 35-50 quests are. The beta cap was no coincidence, they likely ran out of time to finish upper level content before the retail date and have been entirely focused on crunchtime for 2.1 since early access began.

In other words: they SWTOR'd it. But the good news is they're not Bioware, they exceeded sales instead of underachieved, and they didn't lease the shitty Hero engine.