Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Siege of Ogrimmar takes what, like an hour and fifteen minutes?

Our group doesn't do coil and all three primals in 45 minutes but I guess it could be done. You would need to be cooking and everyone would need to be pretty much full i90 and have a bunch of clears under their belt.

I guess I still don't get it. Is this the first theme park MMO you guys have played? I can't remember ever getting something on farm and it taking more then an hour or two a week. I never raided in EQ2 but did all of EQ classic through Planes of Power and a bunch of WoW.

Please, tell us how long raids take you in your current MMO weekly Jack and what raids you are doing.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Random tidbits from full 2.2 notes:

-Duty Roulette: Expert and Duty Roulette: Trials have been added to the Duty Finder.-- DR: Ex involves the three new instances and rewards Soldiery as the bonus reward. DR: Trials is all Hard primals (incl. Leviathan and Thornmarch), Cape Westwind (removed from DR: Low Level), Gilgamesh, Chimera and Hydra, and awards Myth and Soldiery.
* The above duty roulette categories are unlocked upon completing all of their associated duties.
- Registration for Duty Roulette: High Level now requires the completion of all associated duties.-- Pharos missed your company. A lot.
! Item help text can now be linked to the log window.(!!)
Dragging and dropping an item icon into the chat input bar will input "" in the text field. Entry of this text will display the item name in the log window. Selecting this text with the cursor will then display the item's help text.

- New crafting recipes are 3-star.
- Crafting makes i90 (and i110?) armor. (Example: Weathered Daystar Robe = i100 -> Daystar Robe = i110). This competes with High Allagan gear (i110), which is surprising. Someone's going to be breaking the bank selling this stuff.
- A few food items (some 2-star recipes) had their %'s upped, but not the cap.
- High level gear spiritbonds faster. ha
- Calamity Salvager NPCs will reimburse some given-once quest-related items and rewards (e.g. AF1).
-In preparation for crafting balance adjustments forthcoming in patch 2.3, the effects of the blacksmith actions Ingenuity and Ingenuity II have been adjusted. * The effect of Ingenuity and Ingenuity II for two-star recipes and below will be the same as, or greater than, its effect prior to patch 2.2.
- Leviathan drops i95 (Hard) and i100 (Extreme) weapons and shields, on both difficulties.
- Glamour Prisms (the reagent for changing your gear) are sub-categorized by who can repair that gear, rather than generic like Dark Matter.
frown.png

- Armorers make Tidal Barding (it's a new recipe for them); it doesn't appear to be a direct drop, but requires an item Leviathan likely drops like the other primals do here and there (like Ifrit's Horn). And go.
- X-Potion of (Statistic) added.
- A giant list of "available macro icons" is on the bottom of the notes, and includes emotes and minions as valid icons.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
New relic weapons are a huge grind. The rough requirements (not even counting killing certain primals, etc):

10-14 hours of fate grinding to upgrade from i90 to i100.

15,000 myth (no weekly myth cap anymore) to upgrade from i100 to i110.

Oof.

Draynar_sl

shitlord
Those things are for the non raiders to work towards over a long long time. There are other options for raiders which people are still figuring out. (Levi extreme is upgradable for i100 and the weathered weapons etc)

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Please, tell us how long raids take you in your current MMO weekly Jack and what raids you are doing.
I play FFXIV. Last guild busted so been PUG'd.

It's why I'm asking how it takes 45 minutes.. I assumed that's with fully geared people and everyone knows what they are doing but I didn't think it took the typical person/group that long to clear everything.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
12-14 hours is pretty low end. I am probably going to end up taking that long unless my luck worsens, and I am doing better than anyone else in the guild. Most of my guild mates are at 2-3 out of the 12 required drops after around 6-7 hours of farming. I can easily see it taking 20+ hours depending on your luck

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
They opened up transfers from legacy to non legacy servers right? or is that next month?

I'll probably be looking into coming to Gilg. I'm really bad at this game tho

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
So revised rough estimates on relic weapons (with plenty of fuzzy math):

Atma Fate Grinding: 12-20 hours depending on luck.

Myth Grinding assuming a generous 150 myth an hour = 150 x 10 per book x 9 books = 90 hours

Time spent completing objectives in each book that doesn't overlap with Myth time = 15-30 hours (details not fullyknown yet)

You're looking at anywhere from 117 to 140+ hours for fully upgrading the relic of one class. Jesus.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
They opened up transfers from legacy to non legacy servers right? or is that next month?

No opening yet. If you're a Legacy, you're still going to another Legacy server only.

12-14 hours is pretty low end. I am probably going to end up taking that long unless my luck worsens, and I am doing better than anyone else in the guild. Most of my guild mates are at 2-3 out of the 12 required drops after around 6-7 hours of farming. I can easily see it taking 20+ hours depending on your luck
Agree. That doesn't seem to bad for a Final Fantasy game. If I was playing another mmo and they said it takes this long like when I played Rift.. yeah, good luck with that shit.

I have three relics now and the time spent getting those were pretty heavily in time overall, so that rate doesn't scare me.

Zalere

N00b
Gilgamesh is really the best choice. I rolled on Leviathan at release and you couldn't log in for hours due to the population. Now it feels like a ghost town even when I get a queue at log in. That thing is busted all to hell too. 19k in queue and you're in 4.2 seconds later.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Even though it's only once a week -- and not really a huge clump of exp -- my face still went :O at seeing Challenge Log give bird exp for doing its categories.

As for Atma, I lol'd and half expect them to up the rate in a hotfix (or put them on Grand Companies for 50k seals each :p).

I was reading that the Master crafts (the non-glamour/advanced recipes) were pretty hardcore even for Builders of the Realm. Is it even worth it? I haven't really devoted time to optimizing my crafting, so 5x HQ Vanya Silk and friends is a tall order.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yikes that list for the relic lol, I keep hearing cries of Atmas nonstop so F that. Ill just loot mine from whatever the end boss is.

PS new coil turns R FUN

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
This was a great patch compared to 2.2. Adding the rare drop mirror to Levi was a great way to give people incentive to keep doing that fight, unlike the primal extremes which had a lot of meh jewelry and the weaps which u only did it for a few times. And it's a good thing too because its the most fun primal fight. Heard good things about coil too, have not been in myself, but I'm sure it's far more fun than mind numbing CT.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Its really fun, turn 6 and 7 ramp up from Twintania and have a lot of new mechanics for FFXIV. We pulled some of turn 8 last night which was crazy, whats crazier is that Blue Gartr's main raid team is already on turn 9.

Draynar_sl

shitlord
This was a great patch compared to 2.2. Adding the rare drop mirror to Levi was a great way to give people incentive to keep doing that fight, unlike the primal extremes which had a lot of meh jewelry and the weaps which u only did it for a few times. And it's a good thing too because its the most fun primal fight. Heard good things about coil too, have not been in myself, but I'm sure it's far more fun than mind numbing CT.
That mirror drop can go to hell. We had 2 groups farming for total of probably 16 hours and have gotten like 5-6 drops. (we've been cycling people from our selling extremes linkshell which has like 50 people)

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think our count Dray is like at 76 kills without a mirror but man bump doing that Atmas grind, im hoping to loot my weapon off of T9.