Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
What options are there now? Dungeons? Leve? One of the biggest things that keeps me away from the game and leveling past the 20's is I feel like once I have burned through the story quests if I want to level a supporting job I'm going to be stuck grinding leve. Leve are neat but I personally would rather do "!" quests than do leve over and over again.

The way I perceive it and I would love to be wrong is if you want to level another class you a.) dungeons (don't always have time) b.) leves

I would love to hear of an option C.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
you won't be grinding just leves. you will be grinding leves between your dungeon que if you are not a tank. fate if it pops near your leve.

it's very tedious. at least with fate (before 2.1), you can watch movie while you run around, spam 111111222313231313, and get it over with.

Draynar_sl

shitlord
Daily roulette from dungeons give massive xp as well as the new challenge log and beast tribe dailies would help a lot. (Most do dungeon leveling now as it's about same speed as old optimal fate grinding and a lot more fun. Which kind of killed fate grinding until these new Atma drops)

(Also doing leves is not optimal if you're not getting instant dungeon pops you'd be fate grinding but dungeon pops are generally fast as dps and instant as healer/tank) Leves are AMAZING for leveling gathering and crafting though as you can literally buy the turn in and just finish leves with just money.

- This is challenge log stuff btw:Challenge Log - Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki - FFXIV / FF14 ARR Community Wiki and Guide

What options are there now? Dungeons? Leve? One of the biggest things that keeps me away from the game and leveling past the 20's is I feel like once I have burned through the story quests if I want to level a supporting job I'm going to be stuck grinding leve. Leve are neat but I personally would rather do "!" quests than do leve over and over again.

The way I perceive it and I would love to be wrong is if you want to level another class you a.) dungeons (don't always have time) b.) leves

I would love to hear of an option C.

Vitality

HUSTLE
What are your thoughts on using the controller for this?
Controller players had trouble targeting in high end pve situations, for both healing and mob handling.

Also hotkey limitations.

Running "Lol controller player" gag in high end raiding guilds when picking up new recruits.

Not sure how relevant that might be to you though. *shrug

As a final note, controller players had a much nicer time harvesting and crafting due to the sheer amount of inputs required to do these two things on larger scales. *Aside from using advanced scripted macros*

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I played through T5 and 3 extreme primals with a controller no problem. Just takes some setup (macros, target filtering) and has a bit of a learning curve.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Sub cancelled. Pity.

Maybe I should try it on the PS4 before my time runs out just for the funs.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Logged in just to say goodbye to a few people and noticed that I can't even use my Odin armour with the glamour system. What horseshit.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
So, got this for the PS4.

Since Im a lazy bastard, is there any quick and dirty guides for the complete newb for this game? Im considering Arc as first job since soloing will be a main activity, but besides that i have no clue how the game works
smile.png
Any help appriciated!

ramp

Silver Knight of the Realm
Finally beat titan-ex last night, pretty difficult finding a group of non-bad people needing it, while everyone else is working on Leviathan.
Arcanist is fine as your first job, but you'll want to level conjurer up a little bit as well so you can become a scholar at 30 arcanist. (meaning nice and quick queueing for dungeons) and/or thm so you can become a summoner for your soloing needs.

imijj_sl

shitlord
I think I would be playing this game if not for the "one character is every class" thing. Why do they even give you more than one character slot? I like making alts, and it didn't seem like there was any point in doing so in FFXIV.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I think I would be playing this game if not for the "one character is every class" thing. Why do they even give you more than one character slot? I like making alts, and it didn't seem like there was any point in doing so in FFXIV.
Industry standard. Even though you don't need alts, some people still roll them. Remember, this is the kind of mmo where the playerbase expects to play for years like FFXI.

If they didn't give them alt slots, then people would complain they didn't.

Your chief complaint is the big draw for most players. They think it's retarded to have to log in/out just to play toons and like that they can be out with people and switch jobs to whatever is needed.

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't even... Pretty sure a lot of people would NOT be playing if it weren't for the job system.