Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wow, thanks for the comprehensive list Stave. I didnt realize that much had been added. I had also forgotten a lot about the early stuff. -- I dont want to Tank in this game anymore, though. Whats the best ranged DPS class.. and by best, I mean OP and needs to be nerfed attitude by majority opinion.

Sarg_sl

shitlord
Wow, thanks for the comprehensive list Stave. I didnt realize that much had been added. I had also forgotten a lot about the early stuff. -- I dont want to Tank in this game anymore, though. Whats the best ranged DPS class.. and by best, I mean OP and needs to be nerfed attitude by majority opinion.
Not sure about 'OP'ness of classes, but it seems BLMs put out awesome damage - on the other hand bards do great damage and have actual mobility during fights which would probably make them better for dpsing ranged while dodging the bad stuff. Not 100% on summoners since I don't deal with many or play it much myself.... but they have dots and pets and stuff.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Not sure about 'OP'ness of classes, but it seems BLMs put out awesome damage - on the other hand bards do great damage and have actual mobility during fights which would probably make them better for dpsing ranged while dodging the bad stuff. Not 100% on summoners since I don't deal with many or play it much myself.... but they have dots and pets and stuff.
Yeah when I left initially, Bards and BLM's were in a good place. I don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Did they ever fix the proc issues with BLM? Or RNG gonna RNG?
RNG still gonna RNG. All they really need to do is lower the cast time of Fire by, what, 0.3?
tongue.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well they buffed BLM damage, on fights where you don't have to move BLMs bury everyone else on DPS apparently, however that's like one fight and on every other fights that movement required put them in line with other classes more or less. Which isn't very good since SMN can combat rez so at equal DPS is pretty obvious who you'd want to bring. Still it's not like super imbalanced so you bring good players over good classes still. The only thing to note on what to pick as a class is that there's a fuckton of bards in the game, at the same time, they stack decently enough that it doesn't really matter if you want to play one anyway.

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
Anyone else playing on ps4?
I did but unsubbed yesterday.

Whilst that list above seems huge the truth of it is 90% of it has been invalidated by subsequent content. You either gain iLevel 110 gear (max currently aside from 115 weapons) by "raiding" T2 Coil once a week or you take part in the colossal clusterfuck that is elite hunts and cheese it. Primals for the most part are worthless, as are the new dungeons, and the newest addition to CT (ST) will be invalidated next update and subsequent iLevel increase.

Unless there's some move to make gear last longer than the current reset cycle I see people losing interest on the same old tired hamster wheel design.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Census

Leveled three different classes through dungeons the last couple of weeks. Surprising how many new players there are. I would guess the population is growing steadily.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Can still buy the PS3 game for cheap and convert to PS4 though I believe, trial I guess will be coming later no idea.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I blame this thread for making me resub. Having a blast so far meandering through the content, about to get my first class to 50. I am certainly having alot more fun with this than I did with Wildstar.

I mean, I know most of the endgame right now is pretty much invalidated by hunts as Grizzlebeard pointed out, but to hell with it, I am going to do as much of it as I can anyway. Someone in my guild got their relic weapon last night after taking down HM Titan and they were as stoked as if they had just finished Swiftwind and Earthcaller. Yeah, we're all noobs, but it is still pretty fun.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I resubbed a few days ago, myself. Ive just been hammering out Arcanist, Thaumaturge and Archer so I can have all the secondary actions for Summoner when I finally start working on him. Arcanist is retarded good at soloing. Topaz Carbuncle, Rank 6 Chocobo in free stance and Physick/Cure makes fates 5-6 levels higher than me - pushovers. I have 16 more levels for Archer and then I can start. This was so much quicker when fates were like they used to be. Im kicking myself for not being one of the people that leveled up every class already.

Another awesome factor is Ive found myself in some lively Link Shells. One for Hunting, one for dungeons and one for Upper tier. Put those three in with guild chat and its never a boring moment, socially. Its pretty awesome imo!

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I did but unsubbed yesterday.

Whilst that list above seems huge the truth of it is 90% of it has been invalidated by subsequent content. You either gain iLevel 110 gear (max currently aside from 115 weapons) by "raiding" T2 Coil once a week or you take part in the colossal clusterfuck that is elite hunts and cheese it. Primals for the most part are worthless, as are the new dungeons, and the newest addition to CT (ST) will be invalidated next update and subsequent iLevel increase.

Unless there's some move to make gear last longer than the current reset cycle I see people losing interest on the same old tired hamster wheel design.
This so hard. The hunts are so fucking retarded for a gearing mechanic. Cancelled my sub again.