Final Fantasy XV (PS4 / XB1 / PC)

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ditching Kimarhi gives you an excellant excuse to not do the butterfly mini-game for his Celestial Weapon. Pure torture. In my experience it was harder than the Chocobo Balloon thing for Tidus.

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
Lightning dodge was cake. But only because i found some guy that made a video on Youtube that had a method that was really reliable.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I definitely agree about Last Remnant too. Doubt we'll ever see anything like that from SE again though; with the horrible performance of the 360 version it just never stood a chance. They cancelled the PS3 version because of that, and even the PC version was a bitch to run well when the game was brand new. No what they did to make it run so poorly considering it was a UE3 game and not some proprietary engine. Shame more people didn't at least try the PC version, it was superior in every possible way. Still worth playing today though, for those who never gave it a shot.

The combat system could have used some better documentation too. The whole thing was pretty obtuse, and you could end up regretting choices you made at the beginning if you didn't take the time to look stuff up on the web.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Till this series goes back to me being able to control my entire party I'm done with this series. This one not even being an RPG will not get my money either. Square/Enix will be bankrupt before this next generation is over with.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, to be fair, calling any of them RPGs is a bit of a stretch. The genre should have been called J-Adventures.

And S-E is a pretty successful publisher on top of their own games. I doubt your prediction will come true.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Till this series goes back to me being able to control my entire party I'm done with this series. This one not even being an RPG will not get my money either. Square/Enix will be bankrupt before this next generation is over with.
Games have evolved since that point in gaming. Things are all real time now. You aren't going to be able to select individual actions for each person in your party while in a battle, because you're going to be focused on your own character too much.
The only thing you'll be able to select (if Kingdom Hearts is an example) is how frequently a character uses potions, special abilities, magic attacks or physical attacks. I'm not a fan of the default usage on these things by my group in Kingdom Hearts, so I lower them way the fuck down.

It seems silly that Donald will use 100% of his available magic in the first fight you encounter, rather than melee a bit and let the group do the rest. And then Goofy tosses out healing potions pretty much every time a person in your group gets hit.
Gotta limit that shit, or they just consume all of your resources way too quickly.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FF4/7 story/plot
FFX Sphere grid leveling system
FF12 Gambit/combat system, where you can let the gambits run the show or input your own moves.

please make this game

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
FF4/7 story/plot
FFX Sphere grid leveling system-NO!
FF12 Gambit/combat system, where you can let the gambits run the show or input your own moves.

please make this game
Fuck no to that grid shit.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I wouldn't mind something akin to the system FF9 used for leveling:

equip an item that has the fire spell, level up and get experience enough and you can use it without the item in order to equip a better item with more powerful spells/abilities. limited slots that you can choose from to equip the abilities/passives you want to customize that character. gaining levels just gives you more ability slots, and maybe a bit of base stats. Some equipment slots open to all characters, others only useable by certain characters in order to create distinction between party members.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I really liked 12's gambit/combat system, in IZJS they made it even better by actually making "sets" thru the license board (The story though is a different matter, bastards...)

13...... looked pretty about it, the combat system was a step back from 12's only being able to actually control one character sucked =/

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
After Ni No Kuni and Xenoblade, playing anything as inferior as Final Fantasy just hurts.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
After Ni No Kuni and Xenoblade, playing anything as inferior as Final Fantasy just hurts.
Both of those games are good, but incredibly overrated. The combat in Xenoblade was far from good. I'll take an ATB combat game, FF5 in particular, any day. If it's done well, ATB is far superior. Ni No Kuni could have been great if it wasn't incredibly easy to exploit and if you didn't have your hand held for most of the game. I still love those old school fights in ATB where you are surviving round to round and using your last elixir to stay alive. This free-movement hybrid shit just doesn't cut it. Make it an action game or make it an RPG.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Call me a purist, old timer or crazy... but I could never get into any FF after IX. Hated X and X-2. And when I watched my friends play the others, it did not make me want to try it. : /

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Call me a purist, old timer or crazy... but I could never get into any FF after IX. Hated X and X-2. And when I watched my friends play the others, it did not make me want to try it. : /
FF9 was a monster of a game, imo, it was/is incredibly underrated. Learning abilities off items, being able to skip summon animations, four person battles...yes! There were so many good elements to that game. FF5/6 will probably always be my favorite in the series from an irreversible nostalgic perspective, but mechanically speaking FF9 is honestly the best.