Fires of Heaven - The good, the bad, and the whatever else.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
You're just deluded if you really thought it was all rainbows and butterflies. Fuckin' Popeye's is the Shit!
I was so young, innocent, and had no idea SEQ existed. My dumbass just thought that one of our guild's wizards was super talented at figuring out when mobs spawned.
frown.png

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
No, someone gave us a program which allowed you to trade no drop items to characters. We used it and he moved alot of gear from the plane of fear to other characters. I did the same, I loaded up a level one paladin among other characters. The program wasn't detectable but a GM noticed the items on his characters and he was banned within 72 hours on all accounts. This is how he lost Kalaran and Kartak. He then made Furor. As far as I know only me, Furor, and maybe 1 other person used this program. Once I found out he was banned I deleted those characters and never got in trouble.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww but i thought foh was pure skill?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww but i thought foh was pure skill?
And what does two, possibly three people trading no drop gear to noob alts have to do with anything? It's not like those items appeared out of thin air. It wasn't a dupe. Quit trying to troll.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As pointed out, you need to consider the bullshit that we had to put up with GMs too. My account actually got a flag warning put on it from a GM on my Necro alt because apparently fearing a mob into the zonewall near Skyfire zoneline "is an exploit". Somewhere around that SF zone tunnel in DL, the mob pathing makes a feared mob just walk into the wall.

So yea, I guess I was an EQ cheater! *eyeroll*

Rais

Trakanon Raider
The krurk(kurk?fuck if I can remember) taking over as guild leader and furor "quitting" was a great awkward experience. Everyone knew Furor would take it back over, yet it exploded into a huge RMT issue and Krurk leaving, and some hurt feelings with other guild members. It was just a train wreck waiting to happen.

The different personalities in foh were staggering. I have no doubt in my mind some murders would happen if some people met up in real life. Some people were cool, some were just flat out shitbags who should have od on some pills in their mother's basement. On that note I wonder what happened to Justice and Karea(sp? Necro chick who ragequit because of Xerxes and was banging CT's raid leader Thess).

If I would have had the foresight I would have recorded everything and made a book or movie out of it.

I'm sure some people cheated on their own time. The hours upon hours we spent on raids and wiping, if someone was cheating for that shit I want my money and time back.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Everyone used their tricks. Before SEQ, you had the broken game code itself.

/guildinvite Trakanon_01
"Player not found in zone" = Trak not up
"You can only invite player characters to your guild" = Trak up! Move your asses!
Didn't every guild do that? Our guild officers had timers and yelled at us in vent if took longer than 30 minutes to get a raid force to the target.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah man, FoH was totally 100% legit and perfect angels.

Please, if you honestly think they(and every other high end raiding guild) werent showeqing it up and using every exploit they knew I have a bridge I want to sell you.
Yeah, I was actually being sarcastic in a very drunken manner when I made the post. Hence the quotes around "conflicted." Though honestly the GM help thing was a random retard moment as I was also reading Generol's bradisms and somehow put them together. Woops! Admittedly, I was under the impression that FoH in WoW didn't do -anything- suspicious because of Furor working for/with Blizzard at the time, as it might reflect badly on him.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
And what does two, possibly three people trading no drop gear to noob alts have to do with anything? It's not like those items appeared out of thin air. It wasn't a dupe. Quit trying to troll.
Haha thats no troll post.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I was actually being sarcastic in a very drunken manner when I made the post. Hence the quotes around "conflicted." Though honestly the GM help thing was a random retard moment as I was also reading Generol's bradisms and somehow put them together. Woops! Admittedly, I was under the impression that FoH in WoW didn't do -anything- suspicious because of Furor working for/with Blizzard at the time, as it might reflect badly on him.
rrr_img_78023.jpg

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
You sound like it's the year 2000 and you are in a veeshan guild not named Fires of Heaven.

iannis

Musty Nester
No reason to be jelly. One of the secrets of the Uberguild was in the management structure. It took a core of good officers, which is just to say poopsockers who were willing to spend their time with the less poopy-socks in order to advance each other. And one breakout leader among them sure as shit helped. And of course it too recruiting the right types for the guild you wanted to run, and it took plenty of good indians and a willingness to be an indian when there were enough chiefs.

Our guild was uber on our server because we were absolute dicks, but we lacked that breakout leader that guilds like FoH, Triton, Afterlife, BotS, et al had. You could have a really solid core of poopsocking, united nolifers playing as dirty as EQ was played and it still wasn't just quite enough to push you into that last 2%. For that you needed 1 ring to rule them all. And finding a nolifer with those sorts of social skills... well, there were probably only about 10 or 20 out of the entire playerbase of everquest.

Fucking Kruegen and his 1%er bullshit. Fuck you man.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
could someone explain what a poopsocker is? to me it sounds like a word made up by butthurt players who didnt get the first bite at the apple.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
could someone explain what a poopsocker is? to me it sounds like a word made up by butthurt players who didnt get the first bite at the apple.
Its a realization that "skill" in EQ is/was really nothing more than ability to sit at or be at a spawn at xyz time.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
We didn't exploit 'much' in WoW because yeah we were being watched all the time. Anything we did was minor, as a guild. We had people all over in the guild that did what they want and if they got banned/suspended that was on them.

Don't we have an NPC in Dalaran named after one of our win selling PVP'ers?