<Fires of Heaven> WoW Guild - [Horde] [Hyjal-US]

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
It's about time to start talking about who wants to do what. So, I've gone and copied the spreadsheet that Noodle used last time -- let's see who wants to do what and how many people we've got. We'll talk about raid days/times after we figure out if we have enough people to raid anything but the beer fridge.

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cRap516HdSwsXhNUTjiHqhFiEYZnCLPlecnIDQf4p2w/edit?usp=sharing

Also, we're going to need some new blood in leadership roles. Most of the Legion officers are either playing elsewhere now (because they want to Mythic), don't have time for the raid schedule as it stands, or quit with Noodle. If you're interested in helping out, let me know. I added a column to the end of the spreadsheet as well.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
BoozeCube BoozeCube , about your comment on the spreadsheet -- yeah, we have to go with off days for the raids, because we're gonna have a number of people interested in raiding Mythic elsewhere that aren't going to be able to commit to Tues/Thurs if those remain the primary raid days for most other guilds in BfA. We might switch days, but like I said, we need to know what we're working with first.

Guild Info:

Guild Name: Fires of Heaven (Battle.net Group)
Server: Hyjal-US
Faction: Horde
Voice Chat: Discord
Leader: Alkorin (Alkoren)
Officers: Ao, Iliyena, Kaige, Kurnidor
Legion Progression: EN (7/7M), ToV (3/3H), NH (3/10M), ToS (1/9M), ABT (6/11M)

What we will raid in BfA: Normal, Heroic
What we won't raid in BfA: Mythic

We're a forum bro guild. We're going to aim to have fun killing bosses, whenever instakill mechanics like one missed soak won't kill us for 96 pulls. We'll be raiding two nights a week (currently Friday and Monday 6PM-9PM PST), with a third optional night for our Fun Run, where we kill things while drinking (more than we normally would on Fri/Mon).

Any questions? Let me (Alkorin) or one of the officers know. If you want an invite, just ask anyone in the guild. All members can invite until we start raiding in BfA.

Let us know what you'll be playing. Fill out the spreadsheet:

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cRap516HdSwsXhNUTjiHqhFiEYZnCLPlecnIDQf4p2w/edit?usp=sharing

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Will probably join up for BfA with the forum guild. I'm getting rather sick of 19-year-old elf games, and need to up the ante a little bit.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
So interested in coming back, but wanted to bug yall about the state of the game. I quit around early WOTLK. What's it like now?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Tough to answer that all in one piece, except by saying that it's still the best MMO experience out there, pound for pound.

There have been a metric fuckton of changes since WOTLK. I came back in late WoD after quitting mid-LK (just before ICC opened) and I got back into things quickly. The adjustment will probably be less taxing on you than it was on me, because Legion stepped off of the path quite severely in a couple of ways (legendary lottery, artifacts, etc) that aren't relevant to BfA.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hopefully it's cool to have a couple dudes still in the guild. Obviously I won't be back in any capacity like I was, but to shoot the shit. Also, is the FOH community used or is there a different one?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
It's barely used. We have Discord for that. Who knows if we'll do more with it.

Guild bros are starting to log on more now. Some have left entirely and some are barely around, but whatever, the minivan always has room for more.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
It's barely used. We have Discord for that. Who knows if we'll do more with it.

Guild bros are starting to log on more now. Some have left entirely and some are barely around, but whatever, the minivan always has room for more.
7LnDfK5.gif

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Yep, well, that was entirely avoidable. You know how I feel about all that shit, and you're still welcome whenever you want to drop by.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Is the forum guild planning on raiding in BFA and if so when and what classes do you need? I'm thinking about maining Mage because that's easy for me to get used to again and then maybe having Warlock as a fall back. I actually think I'm going to be casual, but we'll see. I'd like to level a monk and a DH at some point. I'm also still considering Druid or Rogue for one of my boosts but maybe that'll change based on whats said here.

I have quite a bit of shit to catch up on even after I pick a class but I'm fairly sure I can still pew pew with whatever class.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
So if "we're" not doing mythic raiding then it doesnt matter what horde realm I roll on?

• 1Like

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
If there are no restrictions on the number of off-server invites in raids now -- forced Personal loot means it shouldn't matter anymore -- then no, it doesn't matter, if you don't care about actually being in the guild itself.