<Fires of Heaven> WoW Guild - [Horde] [Hyjal-US]

orcmauler

Golden Squire
So, moving out of Portland (thank god) to BFE. Gonna have to figure out if/how to get interwebs in the middle of nowhere Oregon. Not that I contribute much other than random chat but thanks for the gtag if I'm not around anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

orcmauler

Golden Squire
Yeeep, oh lawdy, in an area where the only internet I can get is hughes net, that shit doesn't even load the Battle.net launcher. Let's hear it for cold-turkey.

orcmauler

Golden Squire
That's satellite, right? Ouch.
Yep, Hughes Net. It's like a throwback to early 90's internet both from speed and burst. It honestly isn't totally horrible (barring the price/data limits), just not made for gaming whatsoever. At least they are up front about it in their sales pitch.

The bummer is the town I'm in now is going all-fiber optic but we are about 1 mile outside of the expansion plan. That's ok overall, will get my fat ass off the computer more lol.

• 1Like

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
So who does a filthy casual talk to for an invite? Been playing Alliance my whole WoW career and since every one I know has moved on I rolled up an orc warrior on Hyjal.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Officers...Noodle, Alkoren, Exile's stable of characters. Best time to catch one is just before raid 6pm PST friday/monday.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
We'll all be on tonight for raid, so should be easy enough. Probably want to try to catch us before Kin'garoth saps our will to live, though.

• 1Solidarity

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
A lot of us hang out in Discord, so if you need an invite, can just bs with us in the wowgeneral channel and we can do it.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
We are done with regularly scheduled raids for this expansion. See you all in BfA. If anyone wants to do some M+s or shoot the shit or whatever, some of us will still be around.

Might try to keep the Fun Run on Thursdays going if people are up for it. 9PM EST. Log on, we'll kill shit like a boss.

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
In the end, the guild this last tier went further than I could've ever expected. Hell, I don't think anyone in or out of the guild thought we'd get that far.

For me, the stress was hitting hard and I had a moment of clarity where I said "I no longer want this." Interpret "this" how you will, but I went out in the bitchiest of ways. It is what it is. So, I am sorry that my actions caused raiding to cease. I wish you all well. I'll still be in-game, raiding somewhere, or doing something, so you can always hit me up for anything.

As such the guild is now in Antidotes hands.

• 1Smuggly

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
We are done with regularly scheduled raids for this expansion. See you all in BfA. If anyone wants to do some M+s or shoot the shit or whatever, some of us will still be around.

Might try to keep the Fun Run on Thursdays going if people are up for it. 9PM EST. Log on, we'll kill shit like a boss.

Sad to hear this.

Kudos to all the forumbros and especially you folks who selflessly led to make the magic happen. I only played for a bit, but you guys all made the game fun.

To go from a casual forumguild that was considering going Alliance at the start of the expac, to corralling the herd when scores of newbs wanted to raid at the start of the expansion, to sustain something with a revolving door of casuals, to pushing mythic in the last tier is a heck of a run from the far-off place I sit.

Thanks for the memories and good luck to the Azerites keeping strong doing the Lich King's work.