First World Problems

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
sukik downloaded so many new games on his xbox one we couldn't play halo together.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
"Connective tissue" is many different types of material within meat, not just ligaments and tendons which are exclusively joint related barring a few oddities. The ligaments and tendons in a steer are quite substantial, if you saw a tendon or ligament (a long stretch of material) around as wide as my index finger, you'd note it pretty quickly. [There is some types of cartilage beyond them though, that similarly basically never cook under normal steak cooking - but even shitty butchers are usually good at removing it from bone-in stuff, in 20 years of 2-3 steaks most weeks I've seen it occur maybe once a year when I've had shitty butchers and never when I've had decent ones]

That wonderful marbling that makes better pieces of meat better pieces of meat is technically a "connective tissue" under the Good Eats definitions that I tend to stick to (and I'd wager overall as well).7 types of connective tissue flashcards | Quizlet- only really cartilage has no culinary value on that list.

But seriously, main reason is for the thermal "issues" that you see as a negative. And even then you only have as far to look as high end steak houses to see that besides obviously boneless cuts (i.e. NY Strip/Filet) that bone-in is preferred in those places - and sometimes they even do bone-in strip which is relatively annoying to process to do it. [Since it's half of the T-Bone plus the steak - they have to cut the T bone into an L]

And stock definitely works just as well with "used" bones unless you're doing a braise or something else with liquid to get some real penetration on the bone. (Same reason the bone doesn't impart any real degree of juiciness/etc directly - low and slow, like BBQ is needed to get the bone to really give up the goods - which some steak prep does go that way, but not too many [never for me besides the rare times I make Prime Rib, but that's a boneless primal anyhow])

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
That article brought up another good point I didn't know about. It said the bone is only good for wet cooking. I was thinking about it, and the only time I wet cook meat, or like wet cooked meat, is in stew. That's probably a big part of the reason I hate bones.

Anyway, back to the point, it turned out to be bone in ribeye, which is much better than T-bone because it's easier to cut around the bone. The dogs will be happy with our vendor.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
You realize this article backed up everything I said, it just tried to use positive words to make that disgusting connective tissue sound good. Right?
I wasn't trying to disprove what you were saying ... That's why I said the article supports and refutes some of the claims. It's just a good article in general.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I accidentally bought some new ultra max pulp a few weeks ago. It was as thick as pea soup. It was disgusting.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Wow you guys are gay, there's no point in drinking in OJ without pulp.
I'm with this guy. I suppose I can see it if mixing it with alcohol as originally posted, but for normal drinking it just feels wrong to me if there is no pulp.

stonewall_sl

shitlord
I just returned from a Europe vacation where we spent three days in Rome, 1 in Venice and then 18 days on a cruise all around the Mediterranean. I ate so much great food that I shit on average three times a day and sadly many of the toilets in Italy did not have seats. :/

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just returned from a Europe vacation where we spent three days in Rome, 1 in Venice and then 18 days on a cruise all around the Mediterranean. I ate so much great food that I shit on average three times a day and sadly many of the toilets in Italy did not have seats. :/
Had to Hoss it up, sitting on the porcelain?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Lowe's shouldn't even allow animals in, should they?
Probably a service dog. That damn blind person, how dare he not pick up the dogshit?

Better than "Most Pulp" OJ!

I'd rather just eat a fucking orange.
I like pulp in my OJ, an I have no probalem with eathing oranges other than going through the trouble of peeling them, and the fact that they go bad a lot sooner than OJ

Had to Hoss it up, sitting on the porcelain?
If it turns out I shit like europeans, I will re-think my methods.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
reached for the bag of sour gummi worms i keep by my desk. There was only 1 left...and it was one of the orange/green ones