First World Problems

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My commute is now < 5 minutes and it sucks because the truck doesn't ever get warm enough to turn the heat on. I have a remote start but I wind up having the truck run longer than I drive.

At least it's only only for 3 months till I move out of the temp apartment.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Fuck you Borzak. My commute is 50 miles each way, which takes anywhere from 45 minutes to 1.5 hours. Except on friday afternoon when it's liable to be more like 2 hours.

Ride a fucking bike to work.

Oh shit, this is the FWP thread, not the RMJ thread. Nevermind.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fuck you Borzak. My commute is 50 miles each way, which takes anywhere from 45 minutes to 1.5 hours. Except on friday afternoon when it's liable to be more like 2 hours.

Get your jimmie rustled
smile.png
I commute about 5-10 meters

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

For years I did 100 miles each way, 1-1/2 hours. The only reason I'm here now is the company is providing housing in a luxury apartment complext for 3 months. Have a month left. Hate it.

No fucking way would I ride a bike to work. The office/shop is in an industrial park and there's nothing but semis on the road 24/7 and I can see you lasting 30 seconds on a bike lol. On the 5 minute commute I pass an Amazon distribution place, a FedEx regional deal and a UPS regional deal not to mention 30 other distribution centers. All built in the last year after the office and the apartments were built.

In that 5 minutes I might pass 15-30 semis parked on the side of the road that might pull out anytime not to mention the 50 I pass in the center turn lane and 25 coming my way.

You would really be ticked I guess if I mentioned that for 15 years I commuted from in the house to the office in the backyard.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I have two traffic lights between me and the office I go to some days. If I hit both lights red, it takes me 10 minutes to get there. I hit both lights red today both to and back from the office.

FML

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I have 2 basic routes to work, one takes 10 minutes. The other takes 20 but takes me right past Starbucks, Panera, and Mcdonalds. My drive to work takes me 30 minutes each day because im a lazy POS that eats fast food breakfast way too much.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
I have two traffic lights between me and the office I go to some days. If I hit both lights red, it takes me 10 minutes to get there. I hit both lights red today both to and back from the office.

FML
I feel your pain bro. Same deal for me. My commute is 8 min if they are both green and 10 of they are red.

They were both red this morning
frown.png

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

FML
Yep, commute is either 7 minutes or 20 depending on 3 lights. And I don't just hit red lights, I hit yellow-reds, fresh ones that make me sit there for 5 minutes.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I've got multiple red lights that can make it a few minutes longer (from 10 minutes at the fastest to 15 at the slowest), but the ultimate killer for me is the final left-hand turn across light rail tracks. It seems that if I catch even one light, I'm going to end up stuck at that light rail crossing waiting for the train to go through, and more often than not I catch BOTH trains crossing about two minutes apart, which is just perfect timing for the second train to prevent me from turning yet again. Sometimes I'm at that fucking light for a full 7 minutes!

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
My phone app for my bank finally added picture check deposit

But my paycheck is too large, it won't let me do it
frown.png