First World Problems

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Japan isn't a NATO member is it? That's technically what "1st world" means. (The "Allies" side of the Cold War, "2nd world" is the Communist side, "Third World" was the uninvolved)
I'd never heard that before. I think the common usage is closer to Mao's 3 worlds model. Super powers, lesser powers, and exploited countries (though I'd change the third one to shitholes no one cares about)

But for the record, it looks like Japan was always included as a first world country. Even if not in NATO, they were still aligned with us after WW2.

Raign

Golden Squire
I have to keep using my Ray Bans while driving because my new Oakley's have thick arms on them and give me a blind spot.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd never heard that before. I think the common usage is closer to Mao's 3 worlds model. Super powers, lesser powers, and exploited countries (though I'd change the third one to shitholes no one cares about)

But for the record, it looks like Japan was always included as a first world country. Even if not in NATO, they were still aligned with us after WW2.
Yea, I guess something I'd read said it mostly aligns with NATO membership or something - Wikipedia says I'm wrong at least - but I will say the entirety of NATO is in their "First World" graphic, plus a few extras that aren't NATO but friendly trade partners.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Forgot to grab my tablet this morning, will have to play hearthstone on my phone at work

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Splinters are ouchies.
frown.png

That's the fourth one I've dug out of my hand this week. And yes I wear gloves, I think the splinters end up in my clothes or something and then get into my hand afterwards.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Found of a pair oakleys. Lenses aren't polarized.

Fuckin' Obama.
Seriously maybe it's because I live in the desert but how the fuck do people survive with non-polarized sunglasses? I don't even ski without polarized glasses or goggles because fuck Ra on the slopes.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Does Oakley even make non polarized sunglasses? Maybe knock offs? Guess I've never payed attention except for the ones I like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Does Oakley even make non polarized sunglasses? Maybe knock offs? Guess I've never payed attention except for the ones I like
Looks like they do, most seem to be polarized though. I'm sure there's some anti-vaxxers who also believe polarized sunglasses cause breast cancer or something.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I didn't either until I found these and looked them up, and I'm 99.9% they are legit. I mean who pays fucking $140 for non polarized sunglasses? Now I have to buy replacement lenses. I basically just found $40 bill I have to pay now.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Japan isn't a NATO member is it? That's technically what "1st world" means. (The "Allies" side of the Cold War, "2nd world" is the Communist side, "Third World" was the uninvolved)

But plenty of MODERN nations do it, yes. Although for Japan my understanding is it has more to do with elder care costs than property costs.
Japan is not in nato because they don't have interest in the North Atlantic!

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yoga instructor kept mixing up her right from her left and "inhale" from "exhale"

"Exhale. Now exhale" grrr

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I want to buy myself something for my birthday but I feel guilty. :/

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Does it make a difference if you drape the toga from the left or the right?
Yes, it advertises your orientation. Drape it from the right, you're looking to hook up with girls. Drape it from the left, you want dudes. Not sure what you do if you're bi. I guess you just take it off.