First World Problems

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
So... in other words get pissy and act like a child? Good to know it's justified if you're having a "rather bad day" to take out your frustrations on a clerk who can't tell you to go fuck yourself without being fired.

How does it feel to be subhuman trash?
i4z3sVW.gif

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I think I've only ever even known 1 person to have trouble using an unsigned card. In that case, they said they signed it right in front of the cashier and everything was hunky dory. Cashier even took the time to compare the signatures. I'm not 100% sure that was a true story, but someone told it to me as a true story.

Fact of the matter is, CC fraud is so rampant and sophisiticated these days that no one even gives a fuck about signatures. I've been the victim of fraud like 4 times now and in none of those cases did they look at signatures. Hell, I couldn't even get an answer about who's name was on the card. According to the CC company, the most common form of fraud these days is that they steal the number then print a new card with a fake name on it, for which they have an ID. The chips are supposed to stop that.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
My printer
I need 3 copies of my insurance card so I selected the information I wanted and put it into paint.
It's printing super small.
No matter what setting or arrangement of pictures I use.
Print Preview shows me what I want and then it doesn't print that way.
Print Preview!
It's never failed me before, why now?

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I think I've only ever even known 1 person to have trouble using an unsigned card. In that case, they said they signed it right in front of the cashier and everything was hunky dory. Cashier even took the time to compare the signatures. I'm not 100% sure that was a true story, but someone told it to me as a true story.

Fact of the matter is, CC fraud is so rampant and sophisiticated these days that no one really gives a fuck about signatures. I've been the victim of fraud like 4 times now and in none of those cases did they look at signatures. Hell, I cann't even get answers about who's name is on the card. According to the CC company, the most common form of fraud these days is that they steal the number then print a new card with a fake name on it, for which they have an ID. The chips are supposed to stop that.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Ordered a package

Look up Tracking of package on FedEx

"Seller has requested Signature"

Modify Fedex delivery, to HOLD the package at their sorting center.

Check the delivery Today "Delivery Exception"

According to the sticker on the door I've got to wait until 7:30 PM before the truck is unloaded and back at the sorting center.

/sigh

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
WTF, in what world is it more secure to sign your credit card than leave it unsigned?

When its unsigned, cashiers ask to see ID. When its signed, they look at the signature and dont ask for ID. How can the latter possibly ever be more secure then the former?

Never signed a credit card because it always seemed like a really dumb idea -- here, lets take this credit card that I have to pay the bill for and make it so anyone can use it!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
WTF, in what world is it more secure to sign your credit card than leave it unsigned?

When its unsigned, cashiers ask to see ID. When its signed, they look at the signature and dont ask for ID. How can the latter possibly ever be more secure then the former?

Never signed a credit card because it always seemed like a really dumb idea -- here, lets take this credit card that I have to pay the bill for and make it so anyone can use it!
You're not choosing the third option we are all talking about, which is to sign it AND put See ID. That way if someone actually questions it, they not only have to produce fake ID, but have to sign it the same way you did.

Not much of this matters anymore of course since no one ever looks at anything, and now many places are raising the "don't need to sign" amount to $50, so what you do or do not write on it matters about .0001% of the time anyway. But still, signing it and putting See ID is clearly the most secure of the choices.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
If I wrote "This card is stolen" on the back of mine, I'm pretty sure the card would expire and be replaced before it gave me trouble.

I'm kind of tempted to do that.

Maybe I'll take another one and write the N word. I bet that's noticed the first time I use it.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
My seats are hot before I get to the end of my alley....

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My seats are hot before I get to the end of my alley....
I'd rather pay a lot more for cooled seats. You know how it is, stop for 5 minutes in the heat of the summer when it's 105F out it gets hot pretty freaking fast.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I'd rather pay a lot more for cooled seats. You know how it is, stop for 5 minutes in the heat of the summer when it's 105F out it gets hot pretty freaking fast.
Yea bro.. all my cars have both heated and cooled seats. Welcome to luxury cars.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Much agreed on AC seats. Dry balls on long drives are glorious. Come to think of it, why in the fuck is Ducati or someone else not making a bike with that shit? I would pay top dollar.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I remember the first time I sat in a Lexus with AC seats, it was game changing.

The new BMW i3 has an alarm you can set on it to fire up the AC or heater so when you go to get in your car, it's already nice and toasty or cold.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Yea bro.. all my cars have both heated and cooled seats. Welcome to luxury cars.
Find me a 4 wheel drive one that has it that I won't care if I hit a tree with and I would buy it. I'm not paying $70k for a truck to take out in the woods.

Some people do apparently. When Sam Rayburn and Toledo Bend got 10' low in the drought my cousin made a small fortune pulling people out of the "lake" who drove down from Dallas or up from Houston in $60k trucks that were buried to the roof. He said it paid a lot better than pulling out stuck log trucks which is why he had the equipment. He said lots of them were top of the line trucks that were nearly brand new. I would have liked him to have videod some of the people asking him to come unstick them.