First World Problems

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
My local butcher was out of pork shoulder and instead of settling for loin, I had to walk .25 miles to the other grocer.

This is what America under Biden looks like.

• 4Worf
  • 2Comrade
Reactions: 5 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Discovered increase playback speed, but not everything has it and those things are now grueling to endure

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just had to cancel my ski trip over Thanksgiving because the November weather is apparently too hot at Snowshoe Resort in WV for snow.......so they're not opening the mountain till December 4th and I cannot go then.

Now I will be forced to spend time with and talk to family members over Thanksgiving.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Molten Core Raider
Just had to cancel my ski trip over Thanksgiving because the November weather is apparently too hot at Snowshoe Resort in WV for snow.......so they're not opening the mountain till December 4th and I cannot go then.

Now I will be forced to spend time with and talk to family members over Thanksgiving.
Damn, I was excited when they had snow a week or so ago, was hoping maybe we might get lucky this year!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn, I was excited when they had snow a week or so ago, was hoping maybe we might get lucky this year!
Yea I'm definitely going in Jan or Feb.

Went to Snowshoe in late February right before Covid hit this year when they had a bunch of snowfall and it was an amazing few days on the mountain for east coast skiing.

• 2Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Discovered increase playback speed, but not everything has it and those things are now grueling to endure
I've now gotten used to 2x and can't say how many times I go to settings to crank it up, not realizing it's already max.

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
Cans with dents on the upper rim make them tougher to open with my can opener. Seems to be a lot more lately and I'm blaming covid and the disruption of the smooth flow of goods.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Cans with dents on the upper rim make them tougher to open with my can opener. Seems to be a lot more lately and I'm blaming covid and the disruption of the smooth flow of goods.
Did I post about how cans with dents have to be returned recently when talking about trolling those people? Return a can to the store with dents and they have to refund you. There's a lot of science behind this.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Did I post about how cans with dents have to be returned recently when talking about trolling those people? Return a can to the store with dents and they have to refund you. There's a lot of science behind this.
Botulism, caused by the bacteria clostridium botulinum, occurs when a dent or damage to a can creates even a pinhole-size opening. ... Dented cans are the biggest culprit of botulism. Avoid buying cans with deep dents, especially ones that affect the top, bottom and side seams of the can.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Botulism, caused by the bacteria clostridium botulinum, occurs when a dent or damage to a can creates even a pinhole-size opening. ... Dented cans are the biggest culprit of botulism. Avoid buying cans with deep dents, especially ones that affect the top, bottom and side seams of the can.
Unfortunately, some people with strong hands can't but avoid to dent every can when picked up. It's a real tragedy... for some companies.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Any time I pick up a new potential hobby I spend countless hours trying to learn about the equipment so I don't make a stupid purchase. Normally I'm fine with that.

I decided to start drinking bourbon instead of beer, my wife who always sports my hobbies, bought me amazing glasses for it. I can't convince myself that she did enough research and here I am endlessly looking up glasses. It's insane. I should be practicing my new hobby, drinking bourbon.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
It is always a fun and creative solution to hid your alcoholism by disguising it as a "hobby"! 😂

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Any time I pick up a new potential hobby I spend countless hours trying to learn about the equipment so I don't make a stupid purchase. Normally I'm fine with that.

I decided to start drinking bourbon instead of beer, my wife who always sports my hobbies, bought me amazing glasses for it. I can't convince myself that she did enough research and here I am endlessly looking up glasses. It's insane. I should be practicing my new hobby, drinking bourbon.
Who the fuck drinks out of a glass? Noob.

1614346987092.png

• 2Worf

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Buy 5-6 glasses, pour the same bourbon inside, let them rest a few minutes then drink, note the one you enjoyed the most.
Repeat a few time with different bourbon until you find the glass you're looking for.
For my whisky I have two types of glass, the classic Glencairn and some fancy Peugeot glass that comes with a steel coaster you put in your freezer to cool the whisky a bit down (17°C or something).
1614351038580.png
1614351019022.png

They both have the same shape - it's supposed to reduce evaporation.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Buy 5-6 glasses, pour the same bourbon inside, let them rest a few minutes then drink, note the one you enjoyed the most.
Repeat a few time with different bourbon until you find the glass you're looking for.
For my whisky I have two types of glass, the classic Glencairn and some fancy Peugeot glass that comes with a steel coaster you put in your freezer to cool the whisky a bit down (17°C or something).
View attachment 337932View attachment 337931

They both have the same shape - it's supposed to reduce evaporation.

Glass on the left is classic and will always work. But, you could use any crystal or glass (or ceramic mug) to drink from and it'll be good. What matters much more is whether you drink it neat (as you should most times) or with a few drops of water (which wakes up some whiskey/bourbon) or an ice cube (unless you are making a cocktail, don't).

This is much, much more important research than what you are drinking it out of: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCElm866_W5r1eg8VjhFNARw

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
41gUV5wTLDL.jpg
This is what she got me and they are pretty great to be frank, I also have really nice tumblers if I want ice. The Glencairns seem awesome but also look like my buddies will spill them all over any game we are playing. I like the squat design for game nights. Man, this really is first world problems.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Whisky, scotch, bourbon - some are better at room temperature, some with a drop of water, some with a metal ice cube, and if you wanna imbibe heavily, one of those huge sphere ice cubes can last 3-4 glasses.

I like those small, tapered at the top glasses (oversized shot glass) for scotch that lights up the throat on its way down. Holds the flavor. Sweeter scotches are fine in a standard circular glass. Heavily flavored, darker barrel cast or blends do really well in large bottom, angled/tipped glasses with a slight taper.

At least, that's my preference on things.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users