First World Problems

Dandrools

Molten Core Raider
My new phone was delivered by FedEx today......but I'm out of town for work and won't be able to play with it until I get home tomorrow
frown.png

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Living close enough to hear the Orion launch from home, but not see it. =(

Behemoth_sl

shitlord
It's actually how most (or maybe all?) fridges work - they heat a coil in the back that pulls the heat out of the box, they don't directly refrigerate things - that's why they don't (normally - maybe some odd ones do) need freon and other refrigerants.

Learned that a couple years ago moving mine and touching the fucking coil, think I still have the scar from it, those fucking coils get hot.
You didn't learn shit. All refrigerators require a refrigerant, though you are correct that they no longer use Freon. The coils on the back are hot because they are radiating the heat from inside the fridge to the room. The coolant gets pressurized by the compressor, goes through the back coils, condenses into a really cold liquid, absorbs the heat inside, then expands back to a gas to get compressed out the back again. The Heater is part of the defrost cycle so the internal coils don't get completely iced over and lose all efficiency, thus reducing the ability for the fridge/freezer to cool.

Vaclav

Basically how I learned it, just explained poorly as a non-expert. It was something I learned in like a 30 sec explanation from a fix-it guy I was dumping the unit on.

I was dumping it because the freezer was barely working and the fridge was freezing stuff - and he explained how it's got the heater and how the coil does that/etc after I burned myself pulling it out.

Pumpkin Thief

It's been raining here some, so when I went to play disc golf this morning the ground was slightly muddy in spots. I forgot to bring a towel and had to wipe my discs on my T-shirt occasionally to get a good drive grip. Such an inconvenience.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Battle.net crashed earlier and is now asking me for my authenticator code. Key chain authenticator is all the way downstairs.

Just won't play hearthstone tonight.

Pumpkin Thief

Getting called in to work tonight and forced to make some extra cash as opposed to dicking around on WoW with garrison missions.

And for that brave anonymous cyber-warrior who neg'd me for being a "disc golf faggot": I finished 4 under today, and that was in the wind too, so that was really good. I tell you this because I knew you'd be curious.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Yearly vacation to a billion dollar resort in the off season means the misses and I get the place to ourselves but each and every chair around the 7 pools are empty and should be filled with bikini girls.

The ocean is like 10 degrees colder but takes an extra minute to feel normal.

My $35 lox on a bagel didn't come with enough cream cheese and it would have taken way too long (3 minutes) to get extra.

I was all ready yelled at for being in the life sized ginger bread house because I wanted to see how the staircase was built to the second floor.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Because your entire b.net account is protected by the authenticator? I don't play WoW anymore, but I still need my authenticator to fire up Hearthstone or SC2.
That's why I turned that shit off.

and Blizzard seems pretty worthless on security issues, still :/

Vaclav

Once you turn it on there's not a simple disable - you have to go through phone support and alot of legwork with them at that to remove it.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Once you turn it on there's not a simple disable - you have to go through phone support and alot of legwork with them at that to remove it.
Are you talking about if you lose your authenticator, because you can remove it right now with a few clicks if you have it.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That site is like the Onion...right?
Holy shit! And you say Florida is fucked up.