Flesh and Blood

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Massive article dropped earlier this week titled FAB 2.0. It's well worth a read, but here are the highlights:
  • Unlimited editions are being discontinued after Everfest. Starting with the next booster set (Uprising), there will only be one printing, with additional waves added if there's demand for it. Both cold foils and rainbow foils will be available in these future printings, but cold foils will be rarer than they are in current 1st ed products. Also, they're adding a new rarity called "marvel" for unique alterations of other cards in the set, with varying rarity (some will be slightly rarer than a foil version of a normal card, some will be rarer than extended art foils of normal cards).
  • New products called "Histories" will be released every three sets or so, that include the most popular cards from the three most recent out-of-print sets. The cards featured in these products will be non-foil only and have white borders instead of black borders. Histories 1 is scheduled for US release on May 6, and will feature the greatest hits from Welcome to Rathe, Arcane Rising, and Crucible of War. This product is intended for new players who just want playable cards - since all of the cards in here are white border non-foils, they will be of no interest to collectors.
  • PvE has been confirmed. No ETA on when it will drop or details on how it will play, but James White has officially confirmed that it is being worked on and that it's going to receive a lot of support.
  • Ultimate Pit Fighter rules have been updated.
  • Commoner is now an officially supported format with official rules.
  • When a hero achieves living legend, their "signature weapon" will go with them. For example, if Prism achieves Living Legend, then Luminaris will also become LL and no longer be playable in the corresponding format. Some heroes (like Starvo and Data Doll) do not have signature weapons.
  • In the distant future of the game, there will be a "living legend" format, where only heroes who have achieved living legend can be played.
  • Everfest Unlimited is scheduled for September 2022 however, this is not a real date: James White just put this on the website so that the customer support team would stop getting floods of "when is Everfest unlimited coming out" questions. If the market doesn't need Everfest Unlimited because there's still a ton of 1st ed floating around, they'll either delay Everfest Unlimited or cancel it all together. (This wasn't in the article but in a video by Alpha Investments about a conversation between Rudy and James White following the release of this article.)

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think the old system wasn't working for either group, collectors or players. The new set up should make the bling the hard thing to chase, not the actual product, which is better for card collectors, worse for sealed product collectors. The Chronicles set is suitably hideous, so there should still be demand for the non eye bleach versions of cards.

They still need to actually ship three new sets in a year tho, people get grumbly when metas last six months.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I think the meta is mostly fine right now, the only hero I can't stand is Prism. As a Kano player, she's gatekeeping the entire meta for me. At the Indianapolis Calling, I played against 1 Viserai, 0 Starvo, and 8 Prism. It was awful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I think the old system wasn't working for either group, collectors or players. The new set up should make the bling the hard thing to chase, not the actual product, which is better for card collectors, worse for sealed product collectors. The Chronicles set is suitably hideous, so there should still be demand for the non eye bleach versions of cards.

They still need to actually ship three new sets in a year tho, people get grumbly when metas last six months.

The old system didn't work because ChannelFireBall hoarded nearly 50% of the entire available stock of sets and trickled them out tiny chunks at a time for insanely inflated prices.

Once the lid got blown off that whole thing they had to make drastic changes someplace or the game was gonna shrivel and die.

• 1Like

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
More Uprising spoilers!

1650676552864.png

Sonic Boom into that card could be terrifying, but seems like it would be really tough to set up.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They're trying really hard to make me play nullrune in cc. I refuse. 1000% Disrespect

• 1Worf

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Second class confirmed for Uprising: Draconic Illusionist!

marvel_example_spreadage_6Dr.width-1200.png

art_eJn1J5GwIO_tFjc.width-10000.png

The Draconic Illusionist is on the right, the one on the left isn't confirmed yet but I'm thinking it's Draconic Ninja. Could also be Draconic Warrior, though.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Decent movie. Some good tits and ass scenes for being a teen back in the day. The whole plague thing was depressing though.

Wait, this is a card game?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
With only paper cards there's no way to learn how to play this game if you don't live near any gaming stores, and the past few years has not been kind to B&Ms.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
We'll see how long this game is for this world. Both Louie and Rudy came out with videos on how Channel Fireball has been completely fucking with releases, product values, etc and essentially causing LGSs to stop carrying the game. Basically getting substantial amounts of the released product, dripping it out slowly for massive profits (making people think product is far more scare than it really is), and then mass dumping it in fire sales at below distributor prices, which LGS obviously can't complete with. CFB seems to be a really, really horrible outfit.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
We'll see how long this game is for this world. Both Louie and Rudy came out with videos on how Channel Fireball has been completely fucking with releases, product values, etc and essentially causing LGSs to stop carrying the game. Basically getting substantial amounts of the released product, dripping it out slowly for massive profits (making people think product is far more scare than it really is), and then mass dumping it in fire sales at below distributor prices, which LGS obviously can't complete with. CFB seems to be a really, really horrible outfit.

Yep, they're selling a ton of boxes in a bundle under MAP right now and the community is not happy with it. CFB also got in trouble for doing an early box break of Everfest on a stream and told the LSS employee who told them to stop to go fuck themselves. They're hosting the Vegas world premiere for Uprising in June but I really do wonder if their partnership with LSS is going to survive much longer.

Luckily all of the stores near me (there's about 4 in a 30-minute distance) all carry FaB and have no issue getting product, so it hasn't affected my local store at all. Rudi did say in his video exposing CFB that he believes FaB isn't going anywhere, and I think he's right.