Flesh and Blood

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I ended up taking Rhinar to the calling and absolutely nosedived it. Although I was doing alright in testing, I ended up going 1-6 while as a team we got 4 wins, 2 losses, and 1 draw. I could've flipped either of losses or the draw into a win and we would've made day 2. Based on my matchups, had I just stuck to Iyslander, I would've at least gone 2-5 which would've been enough. Very upset with myself, but nothing to do but rerack it and get ready for Battle Hardened LA.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Two of our locals were on the team that got DQ'd for using foils, so folks are pretty pissed

• 1Rustled

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So my quest for why led to people being able to train their eyes to recognize the difference in thickness of foil cards? Ehhh heh heh uh. Imma hafta eyeball some of my own while they're sleeved.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Two of our locals were on the team that got DQ'd for using foils, so folks are pretty pissed

One of my buddies made top cut and he was given 45 minutes to fix his bent foils problem. We didn't have a full playset of NF on us so we bought undersleeves from a vendor and hoped they would pass deck check if they were double-sleeved. Thankfully, they did.

• 1Like

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The problem was the humidity level, I guess? I don't think Vegas is very humid but even some of my foils were bending. They don't do that in California.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Knowing the guy who had the foils in question, they're literally the only copies he had of the cards since he normally plays Brute, and sided out the Pulse in a decent number of matchups. He wasn't given the option to replace the foils from the vendors, although others at the same event were.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You think crown of seeds gonna get hit next? Maybe command and conquer? Debating on making the grab.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
You think crown of seeds gonna get hit next? Maybe command and conquer? Debating on making the grab.

C&C is here to stay, that should be pretty safe to pickup.

No idea on Crown of Seeds. Oldhim loves that card and is pretty degenerate with it in blitz but no idea if it will make a splash in CC. Fai's aggression is so insane that it will probably need to be in the metagame to try to slow him down.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I just get the feeling it's an over represented card that they "don't like". Spring tunic could be another.

For that reason I went a little heavier with glacial footsteps + helm of isen peak and other defensive cards rather than drop ~160 on one.

Happy as a clam.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The problem was the humidity level, I guess? I don't think Vegas is very humid but even some of my foils were bending. They don't do that in California.
The problem is differential. Cardboard expands and shrinks at different temperatures and humidity levels than the foil and plastic layer.

This is actually how a mechanical thermostat works, two different materials changing shape at different rates.

Therefore, anytime you change environments significantly, the cards will change shape.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Got fucking blown out by Dorinthea in blitz, played Oldhim (won my others). Searching for answers.... could not mount enough of a defense at all.

Thinking to just hit back but the pulverize I dropped ended up doing maybe 2 damage? It was early and all, but fuck warriors.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Got fucking blown out by Dorinthea in blitz, played Oldhim (won my others). Searching for answers.... could not mount enough of a defense at all.

Thinking to just hit back but the pulverize I dropped ended up doing maybe 2 damage? It was early and all, but fuck warriors.
I am not an expert in this matchup, but I am pretty sure its a fatigue matchup for you as oldhim. Dori punishes blocking, you either ignore her or throw your hand in front so you dont get reprised out the game. As oldhim, you should have the option to block 7 to 9 every then throw a (usually iced) hammer at her face, which requires 2 cards to block, otherwise it bleeds damage.

Once the fatigue point is reached, your weapon is better than hers and you should grind it out.

The problem is pace of play and you need to make sure the game keeps moving or you will go to time (in a tournament setting).

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya I ran Dash out of cards but Dorinthea was some other shit.

If I got an early channel lake frigid, woulda been a lot different I bet.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Dawnblade swinging for 3 is actually really awkward for Oldhim as Crown + Shield isn't enough to stop it from hitting on the first swing.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
She goes wide like a ninja and tanks almost like a guardian with the equipment

I'll figure it out

Anywho, not seeing anything better than crown of seeds for me in Uprising

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I got the webcam setup done and am in the official discord if anyone wants to take a swing at the old man.

Got a lot to learn still. Only got 2 games a week for a while so hadta get this rollin to up the gaming.