Flesh and Blood

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yep, they're selling a ton of boxes in a bundle under MAP right now and the community is not happy with it. CFB also got in trouble for doing an early box break of Everfest on a stream and told the LSS employee who told them to stop to go fuck themselves. They're hosting the Vegas world premiere for Uprising in June but I really do wonder if their partnership with LSS is going to survive much longer.

Luckily all of the stores near me (there's about 4 in a 30-minute distance) all carry FaB and have no issue getting product, so it hasn't affected my local store at all. Rudi did say in his video exposing CFB that he believes FaB isn't going anywhere, and I think he's right.

I firmly believe that entirely depends upon what kind of contract LSS has with CFB. CFB keeps this shit up, there won't be enough LGS carrying this shit to keep it alive.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I went 2-4 at a CC cash tournament with Kano yesterday. I'm able to race down aggro decks that play 0-1 AB but anything more than that and it's just brutal. If I block with 1-2 cards it pretty much neuters my offense for my turn but it doesn't bother other heroes whatsoever. It seems like everyone else has gotten so much more consistent offense since CRU while Kano got more cards that are only good when your opponent doesn't AB.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
So two Kanos got to top 8 at the first ProTour and all of their opponents had 0-1 AB. Wish my locals were like that!

I'm prepping for the Vegas team blitz in June now. Kano is still decent in blitz after nerfs but you have to pitch stack to beat AB4 Oldhim and I'm just... not into that. So I'm currently testing both Benji and Iyslander. Benji can be explosive into certain matchups but he can't beat Oldhim, Dash, or Prism, so I don't think he's the one. Iyslander meanwhile has no really bad matchups and is pretty strong into Kassai, Briar, and Prism, and she's Wizard which I'm pretty used to right now. My teammates are going to be running Prism and either Oldhim or Kassai, and I feel pretty good about my chances - in team blitz at Indy my team went 4-2 as Kano/Rhinar/Prism with our Rhinar losing every single game (skill issue).

• 1Like

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I want to try Flesh and Blood and this seems like a good product to try. Where is the best place to get it online since I dont have any local stores near me?

Most of the distribution is done through game stores, and I know there's a lot of game stores that don't mind shipping. You could try contacting one in your same state and asking if they'll ship. Aside from that, maybe Amazon?

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
yeah, a lot of stores have an online presence, this is my local one, if you can't find a better price close to you (I know a lot of places are trying to sell at MSRP instead of MAP)

In my opinion, the best introductory product is the Ira deck, but I don't think that is available any more outside of like conventions and stuff.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You can buy premade decks online and individual cards on tcgtrader or eBay

• 1Like

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
If you're on Facebook, join the NA trading group and ask for whatever you want to buy - store owners will reach out to you and you should be able to hook up product from there.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Holy fuck people, it's like Google isn't a thing... I've ordered here before multiple times with no issues.

• 1Like

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Holy fuck people, it's like Google isn't a thing... I've ordered here before multiple times with no issues.

We don't shame bumping the Flesh & Blood thread around these parts. Gotta keep MtG on their toes.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Had time for like 5 games. The second ended up taking all the rest of the time.

Lost the first pretty handily to Dorinthea sword wide aggro, though I almost held out to getting my 5 card hand and hitting back. That deck is actually sick.

Second game was 1 life to 1 life for 5 turns and he ran out of cards cuz I kept wailing away with winter hammer and Ding hard.

Oldhim is a joy to play for me. Shocked this card game isn't even bigger and gaining more momentum (not that it isn't or doesn't have a strong following). Everything is right about it.

Last edited:

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Shocked this card game isn't even bigger and gaining more momentum (not that it isn't or doesn't have a strong following). Everything is right about it.

the game has everything going against other than itself. Was released in 2020 during a Global Pandemic, picked up some momentum in 2021, through Global Supply issues, followed now by 22s Global Supply issues still making printing anything suck fucking shit, plus the current economic situation.

Far as I can tell though, the game is still growing at a decent pace, and once the supply chain gets paper products back into regular supply and conventions centers and stuff finally clear their backlog of cancellations into rebookings, the game should do even better.

Callings and Pro Tours should have their locations mapped more than 90 days (or less) in advance. When they can start announcing locations for things like that a year out, I feel like the competitive scene will blow up even further. I know a number of people not going to the PT in France just cause of the cost to fly there, plus how short of a time there was from when it's location was announced and when it is taking place.

I am super hype to start seeing the new cards from Uprising starting today, though.

• 1Solidarity

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Like all things impacted by the economy, the stock prices are good on some cards.

Snagged a cold foil Pulse of Isenloft and a few others today.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
followed now by 22s Global Supply issues still making printing anything suck fucking shit
As far as I can tell, this hasn't affected FaB at all. Product always seems to arrive on time.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
As far as I can tell, this hasn't affected FaB at all. Product always seems to arrive on time.

They avoided any street date problems from shipping, but I am nearly certain it effected early print runs of the first few sets in terms of quantity. Of course with the recent revelation of how much first edition Monarch Channel Fireball sat on, you may be correct.

Also James White did kind of insinuate that FaB could (would?) see 4 sets a year (but not more than that) and I wonder if the printing slowness is why we aren't there yet. The game could certainly use more cards, more often, even if the 4th set is a 2nd supplemental (so 2 draftable sets, 2 supplemental sets a year)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I think we're almost there. The last two years were two sets a year, this year seems like it's going to be two supplemental sets and one draftable set. I think it'd be safe to bet that next year is two draft sets, one or two supplemental sets, and PvE.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Did a team blitz practice armory at an LGS today. My hybrid Iyslander matchup into Rhinar is... brutal. Not quite unwinnable, but definitely more luck-based than skill-based.

I have one teammate on Oldhim and one on Prism, but the Prism player might be switching to Rhinar. If he does, I think we have a good lineup to do well at Vegas.

Last edited:

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Yeah but he has a harder time vs. aggressive decks. If you can pressure his hand, his turns become really awkward. Hybrid Iyslander can't pressure his hand hard enough from damage (he has good armor without sacrificing AB), and he usually has no problem affording taxes.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
There's something special about landing a good spine break and seeing the look on the person's face trying to play their hand after