FOH detectives what city is this?

Froofy-D_foh

shitlord
kegkilla said:
lol sweet wedding present.

a house in a decent neighborhood in bangkok is pretty much the equivalent of a dumpster in the middle of detroit.
Have you been there? The downtown is more modern than most US cities. Yeh there are some poor places in rural Thailand, but Bangkok and the tourist areas are really nice. Khao San Road road (in the movie The Beach) has Starbucks and Subway. It is nothing like the movie depicts.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Funny thing - I don"t want to be biased, but I knew a lot of people who went to Thailand, met a bar girl, and then ended up getting married. And not happily and above-board married either. Now I don"t know how you met your wife, but just hearing "Thai" set alarm bells ringing for me. Just google "Thailand marriage scams" or "Thai bar girl scams". I don"t know why she"d want to keep you in the dark and be living a double life, but I doubt it"s because she has your best interests at heart. American and Euro men are a source of money and a new identity in another country, and it isn"t uncommon for Thai women to use men in that way. Of course, I know Thai women who are completely above board, loyal and loving, but that can"t erase the shenanigans that still go on. There are women who live in Thailand and collect money from MULTIPLE foreign husbands at a time, girls that marry to become citizens, even those that convince their husbands to move to Thailand and buy real estate. Funny thing about foreigners and real estate - you can"t own 50% or more of a property, unless you"re a citizen. Woman marries, man tried to buy property, finds out he cant, woman says"Honey put it in my name", husband obliges, then later woman tells husband to fuck off, I"m already married to a Thai man, by law this marriage doesn"t count, you aren"t a citizen and the property is all mine. Have fun, Farang.

Froofy-D said:
Ehh no. I met her in the US at school, not in Thailand. Her parents are fairly well-off by either US or Thai standards - they pay for her school over here and even gave us a house in a decent neighborhood in Bangkok for a wedding present.
HERschool. And I"d look into the legal fine print on what could be the house that they gave toHER.

Thailand marriage and real estate ownershipSpoiler Alert, click show to read:
Buying land or real estate in Thailand and registering ownership in a Thai spouse"s name during marriage (property law)

A Thai national married to a foreigner can only register ownership over land after a land office letter of confirmation signed by the Thai and foreign spouse stating that the money expended on the land (property) is personal property of the Thai spouse. This way the land becomes a personal property of the Thai spouse and not a joint marital property between husband and wife. As a personal property the Thai spouse will have sole ownership and management over the property and she can sell or mortgage the property without the consent of the foreign spouse. Foreigners can however create a registered interest in the property.
In case of land and house purchase in the name of the Thai spouse foreigners have the following options:

1. agree on the registration of a right of usufruct in favor of the foreign spouse, or;
2. separate land and house and register the structure upon the land as joint or personal property of the foreign spouse (in this case an additional right of usufruct is not possible, but as a general protection keep a record of all documents and payments made to be used as proof in case of a divorce), or;
3. land and house is registered in the Thai spouse"s name and the foreign spouse accepts full management and ownership by his or her Thai spouse.

In case of undeveloped land purchased by the foreign spouse in the Thai spouse"s name the options are:

1. agree on the registration of a right of superficies in favour of the foreign spouse ;
2. apply for the building permit in the foreign spouse"s name (option a an b guarantee full ownership of the structure and use of the land by the foreign spouse);
3. the building permit is in the name of both spouses and de house becomes a joint property (in this case a Right of Superficies is not possible, but as a general protection keep a record of all documents and payments made to be used as proof in case of a divorce), or;
4. the land and building permit is in the Thai spouse"s name and the foreigner accepts full ownership and management by his or her Thai spouse.

Cancellation of a usufruct

Often foreigners married to a Thai national ask if a right of usufruct can be canceled if they have entered into such agreement during their marriage. Usufruct between husband and wife established during the marriage will not supersede the system of property between husband and wife (section 1469 of the Thailand Civil and Commercial Code) and the usufruct can be voided, but the Thai spouse cannot simply cancel the usufruct when she likes. Ones registered it would require a final court order to remove the usufruct from the title deed, therefore a right of usufruct or superficies is an acceptable protection.

In a divorce the right of usufruct could be voided by a court but that does not mean the Thai spouse will benefit from it. How the properties between husband and wife will be divided in a divorce procedure depends on several factors (therefore keep a record of all your payments). Note that it has happened in a divorce in Thailand that land registered as a personal asset of the Thai spouse was allocated to the foreign spouse (who paid for it) with the obligation on the foreign spouse to sell the land within 1 year.
Hope you had that all worked out, yo. EDIT: not even being snarky in the slightest, I really do hope you"ve dotted your Is and crossed your Ts. Hopefully she still loves you and there is another explanantion....but damn me if I can think of one that makes sense. I wish you the best of luck, though.

kegkilla said:
a house in a decent neighborhood in bangkok is pretty much the equivalent of a dumpster in the middle of detroit.
Been there, depends on the part of the city. Most of the "bad" parts aren"t really all that bad, though I got to see some awesome shanty areas made up of corrugated tin when I went to the top of theGolden Mount. Place is a trip, and has a lot of awesome parts, but damn if there aren"t some scams on foreigners. A lot of the places I went to were actually cleaner then some American cities...though taking the river/canal boat taxi wasn"t exactly pleasant. There are slums and bad places so to speak, but you really have to get out of the tourist areas or you might never see them.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Erronius said:
Funny thing - I don"t want to be biased, but I knew a lot of people who went to Thailand, met a bar girl, and then ended up getting married. And not happily and above-board married either. Now I don"t know how you met your wife, but just hearing "Thai" set alarm bells ringing for me. Just google "Thailand marriage scams" or "Thai bar girl scams". I don"t know why she"d want to keep you in the dark and be living a double life, but I doubt it"s because she has your best interests at heart. American and Euro men are a source of money and a new identity in another country, and it isn"t uncommon for Thai women to use men in that way. Of course, I know Thai women who are completely above board, loyal and loving, but that can"t erase the shenanigans that still go on. There are women who live in Thailand and collect money from MULTIPLE foreign husbands at a time, girls that marry to become citizens, even those that convince their husbands to move to Thailand and buy real estate. Funny thing about foreigners and real estate - you can"t own 50% or more of a property, unless you"re a citizen. Woman marries, man tried to buy property, finds out he cant, woman says"Honey put it in my name", husband obliges, then later woman tells husband to fuck off, I"m already married to a Thai man, by law this marriage doesn"t count, you aren"t a citizen and the property is all mine. Have fun, Farang.

HERschool. And I"d look into the legal fine print on what could be the house that they gave toHER.

Thailand marriage and real estate ownershipHope you had that all worked out, yo. EDIT: not even being snarky in the slightest, I really do hope you"ve dotted your Is and crossed your Ts. Hopefully she still loves you and there is another explanantion....but damn me if I can think of one that makes sense. I wish you the best of luck, though.

Been there, depends on the part of the city. Most of the "bad" parts aren"t really all that bad, though I got to see some awesome shanty areas made up of corrugated tin when I went to the top of theGolden Mount. Place is a trip, and has a lot of awesome parts, but damn if there aren"t some scams on foreigners. A lot of the places I went to were actually cleaner then some American cities...though taking the river/canal boat taxi wasn"t exactly pleasant. There are slums and bad places so to speak, but you really have to get out of the tourist areas or you might never see them.
pretty cool pic, really tells a story with it

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
kegkilla said:
well if i come visit, can i stay with you and your wife?
Judging from this thread, you may have stayed with her already.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Equally as important to how things shake out financially, you should definitely get yourself checked for venereal diseases.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Her parents have money because they"re her pimps, and she travels the world giving high dollar blowjobs.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, that estate in Thailand she got from her parents... that was probably bought with the money she gets from multiple farang boyfriends who are supporting her to keep her out of the barscene.

I hope for your sake that you don"t have kids with her.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Quoting juuust in case we have a wtfdeletefuckingeverything

Froofy-D said:
Here"s the deal. The person who took these photos is trying to say they were taken in Miami, USA. I"m thinking that looks nothing like Miami, at least no part I have ever seen.

Does anyone recognize any of the landmarks in these shots? Any E-detectives out there have an idea of how I could find the city based on these photos. What I have done already:

- I checked the detailed file info in photoshop, and it doesn"t reveal anything
- I tried TinEye and Gazopa but no matches are revealed

I"m asking here since there has been some stellar detective work in the past, but anyone know of a better place to ask a question like this?

Edit: Didn"t mention the license plate because there"s tons of tourist plates in Miami.
Oh one more pic. Those type of trees do not exist in Florida. The crowd shot has a bunch of pasty looking people. I"ve never seen a bridge and waterway like that in Miami. I could be wrong though and would like some confirmation (again, discounting the license plate, which is not proof by itself).

Blumpster_foh

shitlord
This thread certainly got a lot more interesting. Her purse is fucking huge.

I"d go a step further. Don"t marry Asians who"s parents weren"t born in America. Asians try to scam everyone and everything. Most who have immigrated don"t even pay taxes.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Blumpster said:
This thread certainly got a lot more interesting. Her purse is fucking huge.

I"d go a step further. Don"t marry Asians who"s parents weren"t born in America. Asians try to scam everyone and everything. Most who have immigrated don"t even pay taxes.
Bigger the purse bigger the baggage

She seems like she could be pretty hot. I understand why the OP wants to wear her skin as a suit.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tyen doing something good is so rare, it always makes it so much more awesome when it works out.

And definitely keep us updated as much as legally possible.