FOH Shower Thoughts

Bonch

Golden Knight of the Realm
People keep trying to tell me why its polite to ask what someone's pronouns are.

I'm going to start telling them "Oh, I just ask everyone 'are you trans?' before I use any pronouns. Same thing"

Just curious what response I'll get when I say that to a Portland coworker
I stopped sharing my pronouns when asked, and just tell those insistent that my pronouns are personal, and if they insist on me sharing, I’ll also be providing my race, weight, sexual orientation, vaccine status, age, medical history, dietary preference, and more. So far, it shuts them down.

Its not that I’m against anyone having personal preferences with their pronouns, but I can’t control how people label me when I’m not present, so who cares?

Shit. This is the shower thoughts thread, and I’ve taken the derail bait. My bad.

When drone deliveries become more common and drone tech improves, I want a drone commuting system where I get plucked from my driveway by drone talons and carried away like that shark caught by an eagle.

• 1Imbecile
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I stopped sharing my pronouns when asked, and just tell those insistent that my pronouns are personal, and if they insist on me sharing, I’ll also be providing my race, weight, sexual orientation, vaccine status, age, medical history, dietary preference, and more. So far, it shuts them down.

Its not that I’m against anyone having personal preferences with their pronouns, but I can’t control how people label me when I’m not present, so who cares?

Shit. This is the shower thoughts thread, and I’ve taken the derail bait. My bad.

When drone deliveries become more common and drone tech improves, I want a drone commuting system where I get plucked from my driveway by drone talons and carried away like that shark caught by an eagle.
So far at work I've only seen one person asked for their pronouns, he grabbed his balls and said he/him. No one has asked anyone since.

Shower thought- I'd pay for a service that cleans my fridge and oven. No, I'm not talking about the oven cleaning cycle, I mean a real clean of the door etc. It'd probably cost less than me spending the time myself plus it'd extend the life of most appliances because people wouldn't feel like throwing out stuff that still works if it is clean. They should throw in a toaster cleaning while they do it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

that's weak sauce. Give them your dick size and describe the smell of your last shit.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
As a board, we should do something in support of interracial couples. I suggest we all get some paint and give ourselves black eyes for the day.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Did I say support? I guess I meant "Increase awareness of"

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Chromecast doesn't let you enter custom names because Google wants to know where TVs are and what usage per room they have. Tough to use & sale information about how many people are watching Starship Troopers in "XxXBabydick's FunhouseXxX"

• 1Harrow

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Chromecast doesn't let you enter custom names because Google wants to know where TVs are and what usage per room they have. Tough to use & sale information about how many people are watching Starship Troopers in "XxXBabydick's FunhouseXxX"

You used to be able to give them custom names. At least with the original version.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Don't know what you have, but we have 3 and they're named after various sex related demigods.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Reminded by a picture posted in the FSR.
ex-og-hweamdh6j-jpg.392673

Is there name for a concept in which a defense trait instead ends up helping a species propagate far more than if it had worked as intended? The evolution version of failing upwards? Natural selection's bank error in your favor?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Fat has calories. When your shit floats it's because you're shitting out fat that you ate without your body actually using. So if you're counting calories, the count isn't accurate unless you subtract that. Even without there being fat in it, there are always some calories in shit. I'm not sure how you can think there aren't. It was just the fat content thing that made me realize it because fat is pretty calorie dense.
Vast majority of "fat" you burn is excreted through urine, not shit.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Is luck more like a stream or a finite pool?

It seems to be streaky, which is why when you luck out people will tell you to hurry up and go buy a lottery ticket. But some people also clearly think it's a finite pool because they talk about being glad they're not wasting all their good luck on meaningless stuff.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I've heard of exhaling calories, but never urine. Don't they measure the exhaled calories with a BMR test?
You probably could, yeah. You're ALWAYS pissing/exhaling calories. It's just a matter of "how many" and that's determined by BMR, calories in vs. out, etc.

That isn't to say calories are NEVER excreted through feces, it's just that the vast majority are excreted through urine and breath. Feces is mostly just "food waste", essentially.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
You probably could, yeah. You're ALWAYS pissing/exhaling calories. It's just a matter of "how many" and that's determined by BMR, calories in vs. out, etc.

That isn't to say calories are NEVER excreted through feces, it's just that the vast majority are excreted through urine and breath. Feces is mostly just "food waste", essentially.
your body, like everything else, has an efficiency coefficient, on how many calories it can get from ingested food vs how many calories would potentialy be available. This is highly correlated to your eating habit (ie the more bread you eat, the better you will get at absorbing bread). So all the unassimiliated calories in food end in your poop.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
your body, like everything else, has an efficiency coefficient, on how many calories it can get from ingested food vs how many calories would potentialy be available. This is highly correlated to your eating habit (ie the more bread you eat, the better you will get at absorbing bread). So all the unassimiliated calories in food end in your poop.

Thats why I shit out whole baby asparagus leaves when I eat them. Zero calories in.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
When you bite down on something you're really biting up on it, since only your lower jaw actually moves.

• 1Galaxy Brain

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've heard of exhaling calories, but never urine. Don't they measure the exhaled calories with a BMR test?
So it’s just a material balance. Most metabolic processes have a final end waste product of CO2 and water. Measuring exhaled CO2 is a cleaner way since the comp of the air is known and other sources are probably negligible. Water though has a host of streams for entering the body.

Mass or energy can neither be created nor destroyed (nuclear reaction caveat). Losing weight is really simple in that manner. Losing weight is hard because of our evolutionary tendencies from 1000’s of years in calorie deficient environments and our body’s tendency to adopt new setpoints and fight like mad to control to those setpoints using various hormones.

I nearly wrecked my body one year trying to bulk. I normally run around 190-200lbs. I decided to do way beyond my normal bulk which is 210-215. I hit 240. I has entended to stop at 225 but it just shot up. For a bit it was cool to bench around 300 due to additional leverage, but I actually did a physical right about that time and I went from a pillar of health to him saying in a year I had put myself really fucking close to needing Metformin (pre-type 2 diabetic) and possibly some cholesterol medication. I went on 1500-1700 calorie diet for the next few months to get back down. But my body fought. It liked all that extra food. It stayed hungry. I was pissed off. Now been back at my target 195 for a few years now. But that was a trip. Also got me off the bulk/cut approach to training.

Weight loss somewhat fascinates me. The sheer willpower to overcome cravings.

• 1Like